Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It amazes me that after all this time, there have been ZERO sightings of the Loch Ness Alex. No doctored pictures, no rumors, no legends, no nuthin'.

Even Bigfoot appears on that guy's one film, fake though it may be.

And of course, there is a village in Nepal that claims to have a skull bone of the Abominable Snow Alex, or, Monster, but they won't let anyone examine it.

Remember OJ's comments? "I am sure that you will find Nicole's killer in the world of Faye Resnick." Well, both Nicole and OJ were in the world of Faye Resnick, and of course, there we DO find her killer!

There is something to the invisibility of Pogo Pogo, er, Alex, that pertains to VH's situation, but there isn't even any speculation. Perhaps the Bermuda Triangle got him? Swooped away by Flight 19? Amelia Earhardt gave him a lift? Little green men from Roswell could have him.

I am beginning to wonder if Alex is actually nothing more than an urban legend-that he NEVER, in fact, existed. Somehow, for 20+ years, we were fooled into thinking that there was a drummer in VH. Maybe they really pulled the wool (heh) over our eyes and ears for all this time.

We've had countless sightings and rumors involving EVERYBODY who has ever been in VH, yet we have NOTHING on the Loch Ness Alex. There's gotta be a reason for it. Hell, even Willie Aames gets spotted every now and again, and he's FAR more obscure than L.N.A.

Any guesses? I am at a loss. (for words, sleep, and sanity at this point, but a loss nonetheless)
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Gotta change that T-shirt from 'Who the F*CK is Eddie Van Halen' to 'Where the F*CK is Alex Van Halen'. This sounds like an X-File to me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    This is another part of the Great Van Halen mystery ?????????????

Alex, come out , come out , wherever you are !

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raldo:
    'Where the F*CK is Alex Van Halen'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, that's a great idea. Get a semi-recent picture of him, superimpose a "?" over the top, and head on over to Cafepress.com. It would probably sell.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard a rumor a few months ago that Alex was in Cabo. I did not think much of it. I also heard that Al is pretty sick himself and that he has gone through a messy divorce which sucked alot of his money away.
    Another rumor I heard was that Al got himself in alot of trouble with the government. Rumor has it that he had a shitty accountant working for him and he was not up to par with his taxes. Al was audited and owed the US a ton in back taxes. From what I hear he's broke.
    I heard this along time ago and don't remember where, so take it for what it's worth.

Al Hagar

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I'm really thinking that his health is an issue [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by homeunit:
    I'm really thinking that his health is an issue [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, according to Brad, Alex is fine. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

While Alex may be not be as easily recognized in public as his brother, he still has the Van Halen name, and if he was getting medical treatment, I am amazed that it could be kept under wraps for so long. Look how quickly Ed's treatment got out to the public.

The only health scenario I could imagine involving Alex that could be kept secret so well would be a mental illness; those institutions seem fairly tight as far as keeping celebrities' identities quiet. Of course, I am simply guessing, as we have no real evidence to that effect. And from what we've seen/heard many times, Alex was the businessman of the band. The Alex/Danniels connection comes to mind as a possible major source of difficulty, considering the tie-in to a previous marriage. Could all of that contributed enough to drive him insane or something? We may never know.

The financial theory that has been prevalent seems unlikely, simply based on Ed's financing of his buddy's attempt at a golf career. Surely he would secure his brother first.

It is strange that there is NOTHING on the guy of any substance from the last 3 years, and there is nothing of substance from the band during the same time frame. (minus the end of the 3 tour and the Gary departure) I can't help but think the silences are linked. While we're all speculating about Ed vs Dave vs lawyers vs Sammy vs cancer vs whatever, Alex has remained outside of every scenario that spawned any rumors. That's bizarre, especially considering our collective propensity to take tiny bits of useless news and blow them up into every possible scenario for discussion.

I think that Alex is actually the key figure in ALL of this stuff, and if it's a health issue, I am astonished that it could be kept THAT quiet for so long.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

"We should subpoena Alex Van Halen!"

"Do you know what Alex did before playing drums for Van Halen? He ran counter-intelligence. Alex Van Halen is gone, there is no Alex Van Halen!"

A Few Good Men [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:22 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    ...It is strange that there is NOTHING on the guy of any substance from the last 3 years, and there is nothing of substance from the band during the same time frame...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it probably isn't considered substance, but remember it was Alex that told us about the remasters last year, that they used their own engineer and that there would be no bonus tracks as that would detract from the flow of the original recording (or however he put it!)

[ September 02, 2001 at 06:15 PM: Message edited by: billy007 ]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by billy007:

Well, it probably isn't considered substance, but remember it was Alex that told us about the remasters last year, that they used their own engineer and that there would be no bonus tracks as that would detract from the flow of the original recording (or however he put it!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would still consider that a 'sighting'! This was around a year ago, correct? That puts Alex in the position of 'spokesman', if even for a brief moment.

Leave it to 007 to dig this up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Alex have some kind of bone deteriorating (sp)
    disease? Thus the neck brace, on top of car accidents [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Could have sworn I read that somewhere.
    And didn't he just get married again?!? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Alex have some kind of bone deteriorating (sp)
    disease? Thus the neck brace, on top of car accidents [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Could have sworn I read that somewhere.
    And didn't he just get married again?!? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the gist of what I'm getting at regarding Al's health.

Remember how some of the VH3 tour dates were cancelled cause a peice of the roof fell on Al, that's got fishyness written all over it to me.

I also remember hearing/reading about a bone problem that's chronic.

I do think that something of this nature would be easier to keep low key then a Cancer type of story. Al's never been at the public forfront of the band, so I don't know Abe.

I do hope that it's just a matter of the band getting their personal lives worked out, but the health card may be playing a role in the silence from the band, who knows?
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The Eddie/cancer thing this spring seemed half-hearted at best. Something to draw our attention and sympathies. From what everyone around Ed said at the time, it didn't have much substance to it. By that time the danger had largely passed.

Could it be that was a smokescreen to distract from possible news about Alex? Something that the band had feared would break, but didn't?