Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

........if they can’t/don’t get Dave or Sam back.

I posted this about a year ago and thanks to BS2K the thread was closed. Since VH isn’t doing shit, I figured what the hell, I’ll throw it out there again.

This is what I think VH should do if they don’t get either Dave or Sam back. It’s obvious that the band doesn’t want to work with either of these guys anymore and that’s fine, it’s their band and they’re the one’s who have to deal with these guys day in and day out.

Retire the name Van Halen. They could call themselves Joe Schmoe and Eskimos for all I care. Go back to their roots and just start doing “jams” like the old Cream stuff that the brothers (and I) love so much.

Van Halen has already made a name for themselves in Rock n Roll history. Fuck the major labels, they should play what they want to play and not be forced to get back with somebody that they don’t like. The music will suffer as would the live show, it would be too phony and we’ll all get ripped off. Don't get me wrong, I want to see VH with Dave, if they can get along, but too much shit has gone down over the years between these guys. There is just too much bad blood there. Sad....but true.

Keep the band as a 3 piece, doing mostly instrumentals, long extended jams. Obviously the 3 of them like to work together and there’s no reason why they shouldn’t stay together. They can’t get a fourth singer, that's not even an option right now, there would be too many people pissin’ and moaning about Dave and Sam......Problem solved, have Mikey sing a few tunes at the shows, he could do all 3 era’s. I know Mikey has said in the past that he doesn’t want to be the lead singer but if it’s only for a few VH tunes in concert, I think Mike would go for it. But mostly just have them jam for 2 – 2 ½ hrs. I’m a fan of the music, I could care less about the vocals. I JUST WANNA HEAR THESE MOTHERFUCKERS JAM!!!!!!!!

I know some of you will say that they won’t sell out Arena’s and all that.....True!
    But think about, wouldn’t you prefer to go to a smaller venue like a 1,000 – 5,000 seater and see these guys wail and have your head blown off? Or would rather see them in a 15,000 – 20,000 seat arena and have shitty seats where the band is about the size of your fingernail? Me? I’d rather see them in a smaller venue, but that’s just me.

They really need to move on, because this thing with Dave, if it happens, isn’t going to last long and they know it, they fuckin’ hate each other.

It’s better than nothing, which is exactly what were getting now.
    M*U*L*E

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right on....I could handle seeing them jam in a small venue for sure. Unfortunately, I don't think it really is just about the music with these guys anymore. Hopefully, the bare minimum will be a set with the singers when they get inducted into the Hall.
    Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

Originally posted by Rat Salad:
    Unfortunately, I don't think it really is just about the music with these guys anymore.
    You're probably right.
    M*U*L*E

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just keep the name van halen and do what they want to do.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Little Dreamer
    where the grass is green and the girls have titties
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What would really be sweet is if Ed and Alex decided to join the G3 tour with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and their bands next time around. If you don't care about vocals, this is the ultimate gig to gain much respect for musicianship....I went to the Chicago G3 last summer, and OMG it will blow your fucking mind [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Where I come from,if you don't blow no harp, you don't get no pussy." quote from the movie Crossroads (not that Britney's flick either)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

Originally posted by joe318:
    just keep the name van halen and do what they want to do.
    It wouldn't bother me if they kept the name, I only suggested it so people wouldn't compare it to other era's of VH.

If they change the name, then they can go into different directions musically and not constantly be compared to VH by the fans and media.
    M*U*L*E

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The more I think about it, an Ed, Vai, and Satch show would really prove who is the GOD! ED, JUST DO THE G3 GIG, MAN!!
    "Where I come from,if you don't blow no harp, you don't get no pussy." quote from the movie Crossroads (not that Britney's flick either)

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

While a 3 piece instrumental with a different name would be infinitely prefferable to "Van Halen" with a non qualified singer, you forgot to address one major question:

Who the fuck would write the songs?

VDIII proved once and for all that Eddie can't write shit without Dave or Sammy in the room.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

Originally posted by FORD:
    While a 3 piece instrumental with a different name would be infinitely prefferable to "Van Halen" with a non qualified singer, you forgot to address one major question:

Who the fuck would write the songs?

VDIII proved once and for all that Eddie can't write shit without Dave or Sammy in the room.
    I don't agree. I think VHIII musically was excellent. The problem I had with it was Gary's vocals, his lyrics and the bad production. I think the 3 of them could make an excellent instrumental-blues type of album.
    M*U*L*E

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

Originally posted by ShutUpNPlayYerGuitar:
    The more I think about it, an Ed, Vai, and Satch show would really prove who is the GOD! ED, JUST DO THE G3 GIG, MAN!!
    I could do without the 3ME tour, that's nothing but guitar masturbation, that's boring.

By the way your name is a great Zappa album. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    M*U*L*E

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't believe it's a 3ME...nobody tries to out do the other. I just think a smart move for Ed is to do SOMETHING!! His fans have waited long enough. I really don't care if he puts out an all instrumental album, shit, he probably has 1000 recordings of just his guitar...why not go on tour with Vai, hell, Dave and Sammy might. Just as long as Ed doesn't sing.... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] How Many Say I is a sad, sad song...YUK!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by ShutUpNPlayYerGuitar:
    I don't believe it's a 3ME...nobody tries to out do the other. I just think a smart move for Ed is to do SOMETHING!! His fans have waited long enough. I really don't care if he puts out an all instrumental album, shit, he probably has 1000 recordings of just his guitar...why not go on tour with Vai, hell, Dave and Sammy might. Just as long as Ed doesn't sing.... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] How Many Say I is a sad, sad song...YUK!!
    G3 is just a show of the love of great guitarmanship. 3ME??? Ignorant...go to a show, then you can decide.
    Eddie should have decided to never sing lead after hearing How Many Say I...thank God he got it out of his system! An all instrumental album would kick ass and a G3 tour with Vai and Satch would be HUGE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wouldn't a G3 tour with Vai and Satch be a bit weird for Ed? i mean from the point of view that these are 2 guitarists who to a certain extent emulated his style

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by Bammo:
    wouldn't a G3 tour with Vai and Satch be a bit weird for Ed? i mean from the point of view that these are 2 guitarists who to a certain extent emulated his style
    Yes they were influenced by Eddie but I think Eddie isn't cocky enough to say they are imitators...Satch and Vai are musicians and innovators as well as Eddie...just not as huge as Eddie is.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    G3 is just a show of the love of great guitarmanship. 3ME??? Ignorant...go to a show, then you can decide.
    Ignorant??? Because I have an opinion???? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] That was totally unnecessary. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Also next time you tell me to go to a show. Make sure I haven’t seen the show first and don’t assume that I haven’t seen it.

Just so you know, I have seen the 3ME tour, it was in June of ’97 here in Detroit. Vai, Satch and Sheppard.

It was a decent show. Satriani’s cool, Vai’s just another Satriani and Kenny Wayne “Vaughn” is nothing but a Stevie Ray clone. See I don’t have time for imitations, I want the real deal. I want guys who have their own “voice” and not sound exactly like someone else. Satriani’s cool ‘cause he really doesn’t sound like anybody else. Vai, Hoey and the rest of their ilk all sound like Satriani. I'll pass, one Satriani is enough for me.

Now as for Ed playing on that tour. No thanks. I’d rather he go my route and keep the 3 of ’em together and do theater shows and be their own headliners. I don’t want to see ‘em in Arenas or Stadiums. I’ve been there and done that and I’m tired of having shitty seats. I want to see them in a smaller venue, up close and loud.
    M*U*L*E