Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

is it just me? the layout seems too dark and dreary..dave's not dark and dreary..the lounge ain't happnin' for me either....i know i probably shouldn't critique another site on here, but dave is back right? and it is supposed to be his offical site, for now anyway..too much time on my hands? or my fingers?

------------------
    "you should all be in vocational school, learning a trade!" Aunt Esther (Sanford & Son)

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Is it still orange? Way to hard on the eyes.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

yeah, that orange has got to go!!

------------------
    "you should all be in vocational school, learning a trade!" Aunt Esther (Sanford & Son)

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I was really disappointed with that reading by Dave of the first chapter in his book. I thought he'd be reading it with tons of emotion, but he was sounding really flat and mellow. Of course I only listened to a bit of it because when I read the book, I think of Dave just spewing out the words. Listening to him read it was ruining it for me.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

well, the whole site seems a little below par for diamond dave....it ought to have palm trees, sand, more fun scenery.

------------------

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I really don't know what an Official site can do. My experience on the net is fairly limited, but it's my opinion that unofficial sites are always better than official sites.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

i guess the disappointment is that dave may have approved the site. i'm hoping he didn't, though.. he's probably never looked at it. the lounge is like a clique though, you have only 4 or 5 posters, and they carry on their own private little conversations. it's not like here where any crazy lunatic will get on here and post something outrageous.

------------------

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

To me, the ideal official site would be one where the actual artist has frequent input into the content. Maybe that's a naive concept, but the internet is such a valuable marketing tool that it's crazy for an artist not to take advantage of it. I'd like to see Van Halen use the official site to make direct contact with the fans. When the official site was leaked recently (can't remember who did that) there was a section where you could ask the band questions. That is the type of thing that would be a step in the right direction, if and when it is actually brought back. It would be nice to have each member, or whichever would be interested, to have their own section where they could post some thoughts on a reasonably regular basis. I'm not talking about pages of dialogue everyday, but how hard would it be for one of them to put some ideas down once a week or so? To me, that kind of thing would keep people coming back to the site, and breed a very special loyalty between band and fan. Anyway, just an opinion.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with all the comments, but my biggest problem with the site is the lack of updates, hell the same miss slaughterhouse thing has been about the only thing up there sence the sites inception.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

back again... i would hope that if i was in daves shoes i would visit the site whenever i had some spare time and talk to the fans.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the orange signifies the month october..maybe dave's saying the new vh cd will be out then...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

11.21.15 @ 12:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The site looks like a half-assed Halloween discount e-commerce site... And if you really want to know true disappointment, go to check out the Miss Slawterhouse contestants, and check out missy third down on the right... I could swear that's a guy with implants!!!

I don't think DLR has checked in on his own site in awhile. Otherwise, I think he'd have the whole thing overhauled...

------------------
    conmee

Eat Us And Smile!!!!

"Layin' the cut straight sittin' on my ass, gettin' my drink on and my snack on, chillin' wit a flat spliff..."

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

"Halloween..." LOL, conmee.

That site is brutal to look at. I don't get where they got the color scheme from.

Not a lot of posting there, either. It's just a bunch of strangers who don't want to talk to each other.

Not very representative of Dave, IMO.

I did like hearing him read the first chapter of the book, though.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

whew....glad it's not just me.

------------------

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.27.09 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, there really ain't much to the slawterhouse site. There is absolutely NO reference to the past on there (Or the future for that matter) WTF is all THAT about? You gotta go to DLRARMY to get any info or pictures. It really doesn't show much of Dave's hand in the production. Having said that however. With ALAE, YFLM & the DLR Band CD, the packaging was pretty bogus. No real photos. A bit subdued. Not the kinda riot of colour & character you'd expect from the guy. Maybe his perception has changed. The orange background is certainly fucking up my eyesight on a regular basis, but as one of the most regular Slawterhouse Security folks. I would hardly say "We don't want to talk to each other". The beauty of the Lounge is that you can talk in real time, and you don't have moderators trying to keep you "on topic" all the time. Sure, we digress from the subject of Dave/VH a lot, but is that really any worse than constantly reiterating "I really hope they're getting back together" or "Why don't the VH Bros say something"? Neither method will get anything done before VH/DLR is good & ready. Us loungers are just chillin' and shootin' the shit. I've got some good friends in there. Yeah it's like a little club, but we're inclusive, not exclusive. Everybody is invited (Hah, now I'm talking like I run the damn thing. Sorry TK) and we look after each other. It's a nice little way to waste time at my desk during the 9 to 5. And a little less heated than it gets over here y'know.
    Back to the point though. It really needs some actual content. That I must agree with...