Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive been getting a lot of flack from the Samsters about some of my Hagar comments. Its time for me to truthfully acknowledge Van Hagar's achievements and cut the crap. Van Hagar was a great Pop band, four successive number one albums and some excellent pop tunes. I think they had massive shoes to fill, and although straying away from the original Rockin formula, produced the goods and made a viable band. At one stage they almost achieved half as good sales figures as Van Halen, and thats nothing to be dissapointed about.

I am the first to admit Van Hagar was a totally different band to Van Halen, and that the new music they created would attract a different type of fan. For those fans, you should be proud of what they achieved, Original Van Halen was massively successful and Sammy came very close to achieving half the sales with the Band.

I will always favor the original band, (and think that Sam is a bit of a dick) but you cant deny that these guys were half successful !

Two different bands, both successful in their own way.

Peace to the Samsters

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:41 PM
    Liked 11,603 Times in 4,947 Posts

How big of you. Moving to Opinions.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daved Mikalex:
    "Ive been getting a lot of flack from the Samsters about some of my Hagar comments. Its time for me to truthfully acknowledge Van Hagar's achievements and cut the crap."

Now now, little buckaroo, if you really were to "cut the crap", you wouldn't have anything left to post, now would you?

"Van Hagar was a great Pop band, four successive number one albums and some excellent pop tunes. I think they had massive shoes to fill, and although straying away from the original Rockin formula, produced the goods and made a viable band. At one stage they almost achieved half as good sales figures as Van Halen, and thats nothing to be dissapointed about."

It sure isn't anything to "be disappointed about", after all, Dave would've KILLED to have had half the sales figures of "Van Halen", wouldn't he?

"I am the first to admit Van Hagar was a totally different band to Van Halen, and that the new music they created would attract a different type of fan."

So now let's challenge ourselves a bit and see if we can extract something that resembles an actual point from this vastly amusing little post of yours. What you're feebly attempting to claim is that no one who listened to the band and bought their records before Sammy would've bought and enjoyed the records they did with Sammy, right? Bro, if ignorance truly is bliss, you must walk around 24-7 in a freaking perpetually orgasmic state.

"For those fans, you should be proud of what they achieved, Original Van Halen was massively successful and Sammy came very close to achieving half the sales with the Band."

Again, if we want to measure relevance by record sales, Britney Spears, N'Sync & The Backdoor Boys must all be greatly superior musical entities to ANY incarnation of Van Halen, right? Hey man... it's your logic! Of course, Dave couldn't even manage a fraction of that kind of success himself, so I suppose that using your... "logic", we "Samsters" really DO have something to hang our collective hats on... oh, happy day!

"I will always favor the original band, (and think that Sam is a bit of a dick) but you cant deny that these guys were half successful !"

And of course, Dave isn't a dick for drowning in his own grossly overblown ego and creating the need for a second singer in the first place, is he? Still, I guess I should give Dave his props, after all, we're using your logic here, so following your trainwreck of reason, Dave must be ALMOST a quarter successful, right? Go Dave!!!

"Two different bands, both successful in their own way."

Shame on you! BAD Rothophant! You forgot to mention the DLR Band, also successful in somebody's broadest definition of the term, I'm sure!

"Peace to the Samsters"

...and long life to the Rothophants back at'cha!

Don't ever go changin', man...

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

SBS

[ November 24, 2002, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

lmao.. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

What the fuck, man? First you can't post your supposed "pro-Van Halen with Sammy" post without taking a dig at that version of the band ("half successful" - gee, sure felt the need to THREE TIMES bring up Van Halen version 1.0 has a higher historic number of album sales), then you go ahead and insult every fan of the Sammy era in a single post?

Man, I've finally met someone with less tact than I have![/QB][/QUOTE]

Junior has been put in his place once again. I think he's getting use to it.

Mr. Wisdom thinks every Sam fan hates the Dave years. Must have graduated @ the top of his class [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

PS-You fucking edit my post again & see what happens. You know who you are, and be damn sure I know who you are.

[ November 25, 2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: aftershock5 ]
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, ok, but what is a Rothophant? I am a Rothtard, Rothoholic, etc..., but have never heard of that particular one...Rothophant.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Executionor:
    Yeah, ok, but what is a Rothophant? I am a Rothtard, Rothoholic, etc..., but have never heard of that particular one...Rothophant.
    It's my own little neologism for some of the more sycophantic "Dave or the Gravers". Roth + sycophant = Rothophant, get it? [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

I kill me...

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    Originally posted by Daved Mikalex:
    "Ive been getting a lot of flack from the Samsters about some of my Hagar comments. Its time for me to truthfully acknowledge Van Hagar's achievements and cut the crap."

Now now, little buckaroo, if you really were to "cut the crap", you wouldn't have anything left to post, now would you?

"Van Hagar was a great Pop band, four successive number one albums and some excellent pop tunes. I think they had massive shoes to fill, and although straying away from the original Rockin formula, produced the goods and made a viable band. At one stage they almost achieved half as good sales figures as Van Halen, and thats nothing to be dissapointed about."

It sure isn't anything to "be disappointed about", after all, Dave would've KILLED to have had half the sales figures of "Van Halen", wouldn't he?

"I am the first to admit Van Hagar was a totally different band to Van Halen, and that the new music they created would attract a different type of fan."

So now let's challenge ourselves a bit and see if we can extract something that resembles an actual point from this vastly amusing little post of yours. What you're feebly attempting to claim is that no one who listened to the band and bought their records before Sammy would've bought and enjoyed the records they did with Sammy, right? Bro, if ignorance truly is bliss, you must walk around 24-7 in a freaking perpetually orgasmic state.

"For those fans, you should be proud of what they achieved, Original Van Halen was massively successful and Sammy came very close to achieving half the sales with the Band."

Again, if we want to measure relevance by record sales, Britney Spears, N'Sync & The Backdoor Boys must all be greatly superior musical entities to ANY incarnation of Van Halen, right? Hey man... it's your logic! Of course, Dave couldn't even manage a fraction of that kind of success himself, so I suppose that using your... "logic", we "Samsters" really DO have something to hang our collective hats on... oh, happy day!

"I will always favor the original band, (and think that Sam is a bit of a dick) but you cant deny that these guys were half successful !"

And of course, Dave isn't a dick for drowning in his own grossly overblown ego and creating the need for a second singer in the first place, is he? Still, I guess I should give Dave his props, after all, we're using your logic here, so following your trainwreck of reason, Dave must be ALMOST a quarter successful, right? Go Dave!!!

"Two different bands, both successful in their own way."

Shame on you! BAD Rothophant! You forgot to mention the DLR Band, also successful in somebody's broadest definition of the term, I'm sure!

"Peace to the Samsters"

...and long life to the Rothophants back at'cha!

Don't ever go changin', man...

SBS
    Now that was funny ! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Its nice to get some inventive replies that didnt involve some Samster that needed trama counselling Sir BrownSound, surely you be a fan of the mighty Van Halen ? A man as witty and inventive as yourself cant be a dedicated Samster ? BTW, I always found the name "Brownsound" hillarious, someone that can name himself after the sound of shitting is ok in my books. And a Sir of Shitting Sounds, no less !

Dont you ever go changin, either Man !! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

(I always wondered if the VH bro's knew the connotations of that term when they created it)

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know the more posts of yours I see and the more people I see you piss off, the more convinced I am that you are just deliberately trying to stir trouble.
    Do you have a degree in condecension, or is it a natural talent?

Just enjoy life my man and stop doing your best to annoy people............

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

again i will say- i think ya'll take this shit too seriously...

next...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A lot of others take it even MORE seriously too Starfire - until push comes to shove that is........Ain't no point in pissin' people off then goin' "I didnt say that"

Have a coke an' a smile and......

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Its nice to get some inventive replies that didnt involve some Samster that needed trama counselling
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

What the fuck, man? First you can't post your supposed "pro-Van Halen with Sammy" post without taking a dig at that version of the band ("half successful" - gee, sure felt the need to THREE TIMES bring up Van Halen version 1.0 has a higher historic number of album sales), then you go ahead and insult every fan of the Sammy era in a single post?

Man, I've finally met someone with less tact than I have!
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daved Mikalex:
    "Now that was funny ! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Its nice to get some inventive replies that didnt involve some Samster that needed trama counselling"

"Trama counselling"? LOL! Ya know, now that you mention it, reported instances of head trauma amongst my fellow... "Samsters" actually have been on the rise lately. It seems that most of it has resulted from them repeatedly banging their heads against the nearest wall immediately following futile attempts at explaining reality to the Rothophants.

"Sir BrownSound, surely you be a fan of the mighty Van Halen ? A man as witty and inventive as yourself cant be a dedicated Samster ?"

Of course I'm a Van Halen fan. I've found I like some of it better than others, but even the weakest Van Halen tune still kicks the shit out of 90% of the mindless drivel corporate radio stations and the Evil Empire that is MTV bludgeons us with on a daily basis. As for Sammy, I love a lot of the stuff he did with Van Halen, mostly on the last two records, and I'm a big Montrose fan, other than that, I can either take or leave most of his solo stuff.

"BTW, I always found the name "Brownsound" hillarious, someone that can name himself after the sound of shitting is ok in my books. And a Sir of Shitting Sounds, no less !"

Now that's really funny, a self-styled "Van HALEN fan" who doesn't know that "brown sound" is the name that has been given to Eddie's legendary guitar tone. Still, your apparent yet hardly surprising lack of comprehension skills aside, I find it especially ironic that even with my somewhat goofy choice of a username, your posts still somehow manage to remain FAR more evocative of "the sound of shitting" than mine do. Weird, ain't it?

"Dont you ever go changin, either Man !! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] "

Oh, don't worry your pretty little pointed head about that, sport, I couldn't change if I tried. As difficult and taxing a burden as it is, it just seems to be my lot in life to attempt to educate the ignorant (hey, some people are just too freakin' hopelessly brain-dead to help...) and stamp out obnoxious, limp-witted idiocy whenever it rears its ugly head, a full-time job around here at times.

"I always wondered if the VH bro's knew the connotations of that term when they created it"

Well, ya gotta cut the guys a little slack; after all, it had been a while since they'd attended 3rd grade by the time that term was coined, so their missing out on what to you would still be an obvious "connotation" is at least understandable if not forgivable.

SBS

[ November 25, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy didn't change the sound of VH....Ed did. Ed's songwriting abilities developed. He began to do more things, more styles, and was more free to do that because of Sam's Vocal range.

Sam had nothing to do with the change....it sang according to the music that was given.
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    "Now that was funny ! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Its nice to get some inventive replies that didnt involve some Samster that needed trama counselling"

"Trama counselling"? LOL! Ya know, now that you mention it, reported instances of head trauma amongst my fellow... "Samsters" actually have been on the rise lately. It seems that most of it has resulted from them repeatedly banging their heads against the nearest wall immediately following futile attempts at explaining reality to the Rothophants.

"Sir BrownSound, surely you be a fan of the mighty Van Halen ? A man as witty and inventive as yourself cant be a dedicated Samster ?"

Of course I'm a Van Halen fan. I've found I like some of it better than others, but even the weakest Van Halen tune still kicks the shit out of 90% of the mindless drivel corporate radio stations and the Evil Empire that is MTV bludgeons us with on a daily basis. As for Sammy, I love a lot of the stuff he did with Van Halen, mostly on the last two records, and I'm a big Montrose fan, other than that, I can either take or leave most of his solo stuff.

"BTW, I always found the name "Brownsound" hillarious, someone that can name himself after the sound of shitting is ok in my books. And a Sir of Shitting Sounds, no less !"

Now that's really funny, a self-styled "Van HALEN fan" who doesn't know that "brown sound" is the name that has been given to Eddie's legendary guitar tone. Still, your apparent yet hardly surprising lack of comprehension skills aside, I find it especially ironic that even with my somewhat goofy choice of a username, your posts still somehow manage to remain FAR more evocative of "the sound of shitting" than mine do. Weird, ain't it?

"Dont you ever go changin, either Man !! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] "

Oh, don't worry your pretty little pointed head about that, sport, I couldn't change if I tried. As difficult and taxing a burden as it is, it just seems to be my lot in life to attempt to educate the ignorant (hey, some people are just too freakin' hopelessly brain-dead to help...) and stamp out obnoxious, limp-witted idiocy whenever it rears its ugly head, a full-time job around here at times.

"I always wondered if the VH bro's knew the connotations of that term when they created it"

Well, ya gotta cut the guys a little slack; after all, it had been a while since they'd attended 3rd grade by the time that term was coined, so their missing out on what to you would still be an obvious "connotation" is at least understandable if not forgivable.

SBS
    Sir BS,

Of course I know about the term Brownsound, if you had read the whole post before dissecting it, you would have seen where I mentioned that:
    I wonder if the brothers knew the "connotations".

Oh, you did, but you still didnt click ? Little dude, you are a funny guy, but a tad slow on the uptake.

It seems perhaps you need to address a post as an entire object, instead of dissecting each sentence before you read all of it. I notice you do that. You obviously cant process more than one sentence at a time.

But hey little tootsie, dont take it to heart,
    You little champ, you ! We love ya anyway !