Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one
    Last Online

08.20.08 @ 01:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is just one guy's opinion, which doesn't really amount to anything. Nor do I mean to sound like a master of the obvious, but I think one of the reasons EVH ,or anyone else in the VH camp for that matter, hasn't released any kind of "official statement" about the status of the band is that Edward probably feels somewhat betrayed by VH fans.
    In '85, DLR left on his own accord, so there wasn't anything anybody could do about that, and Van Halen had to move on.
    With the '96 reunion debacle, I think that's where Ed's attitude started turning sour. EVH thought that VHIII was a shining moment, but clearly, consumer America did not agree since the album only went gold. Then pressure kicks in again from not only the fans, but the record label as well, to try to get back with DLR. And all the while, Ed's attitude was, and I quote, "Get over it".
    It seems like Ed is thinking, "How dare these people tell me who I am or am not going to work with". Consequently, we the fans feel frustrated at VH for not releasing any kind of statement except for the one about the cancer.
    My opinion is that Van Halen made their bones early on by doing what they wanted. And we all bought off on it cause it was the most happening thing around. It was a magic time. Now, Ed has to accept the fact that what he wants and what the fans want are 2 different things. Only time will tell how Ed chooses to react to it.
    Again, just a humble opinion, not meant to anger anybody. "...There's a little Van Halen in everybody..."
    Jim Bailes

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts

I don't think Eddie cares that much about his fans. He doesn't update his fans on the future of the band and he never posts on any VH message board.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

12.13.11 @ 01:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    I don't think Eddie cares that much about his fans. He doesn't update his fans on the future of the band and he never posts on any VH message board.
    Exactly YR! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Couldn't have said it better myself! [img]smile.gif[/img]