Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How did King Roth get hiz axe playa and his rhythm section ready to tour in '99 an' '01?? Bart had been playin' Van Rothin' tunes for awhile with the Atomic Punks, and Todd Jensen toured with DLR in '91-'92, an' I guess Ray Luzier had been in a lot of different type bands. I wonder what tunes they worked up juzz jammin'...I 'member DLR talkin' 'bout how hiz EEAS band revved up "Get Back" by the Beatles in warmups. The mighty DLR Band sounded tighter in '01 I do believe an' Brat seemed to be masterin' those Eddie licks...the jam 'fore the opener, the jams while Roth jives the blues to the crowd, the 'bring it down here fellas one time' bridges, the badass intros and outtros, the cookin' with gazz riffology, and so on and so forth...

You think Diamond Dave let them listen to really rare live jive and Van Rothin' or EEAS Band 'bootlegs?' You think he played them the original tunes or some Motown sounds? Some Zep, some Beatles? How many times do ya think they ran thru Ice Cream Man? Can ya hear me preachin' to the choir one time, y'all???? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

[ February 01, 2002 at 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Blind Willie Loons ]</p>

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sizzlin' to the top one time!!!!!! Let's take that big ol' Chevy down to Mexico one mo time!!!!!! Aww Yeah Bring It On Home!!!!!! You got it!!!!!! ALL HELL YEAH!!!!!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, to form essentially a Van Halen cover band DLR would need to find players who are real Van Halen fans. In Bart Walsh he found such a player, who also played in from what I gather here, the premier Van Halen tribute band. From what I read here on the links Bart Walsh is quite the player, who obviously put much study and practice into Ed's playing. I will also bet that Bart Walsh heard many bootlegs long before he ever hooked up with Roth or even the Punks.

That being said, as far as 'jamming' goes, or rehearsing for their tours, I would summize it was a very profeesional type of approach, not to say they didn't have fun either, but hey, it is business in the end.

I think to play in a tribute band, or if your good enough to join a high profile band, you really have to be a fan of their music, love the music, and most importantly want to play it. Those I think are the very first requirements before any 'jams' take place.

*DLR fans* --didn't mean to directly accuse DLR of being a cover band, it was just the best example I came up with to try and make my point which I am not sure if I really did.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This thread reminds me of the Jive talkers in the movie Airplane.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Zadian:
    First of all, to form essentially a Van Halen cover band DLR would need to find players who are real Van Halen fans. In Bart Walsh he found such a player, who also played in from what I gather here, the premier Van Halen tribute band. From what I read here on the links Bart Walsh is quite the player, who obviously put much study and practice into Ed's playing. I will also bet that Bart Walsh heard many bootlegs long before he ever hooked up with Roth or even the Punks.

That being said, as far as 'jamming' goes, or rehearsing for their tours, I would summize it was a very profeesional type of approach, not to say they didn't have fun either, but hey, it is business in the end.

I think to play in a tribute band, or if your good enough to join a high profile band, you really have to be a fan of their music, love the music, and most importantly want to play it. Those I think are the very first requirements before any 'jams' take place.

*DLR fans* --didn't mean to directly accuse DLR of being a cover band, it was just the best example I came up with to try and make my point which I am not sure if I really did.