Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That if Eddie is truly a lot sicker than he has led us to believe, is anybody here willing to still say that VH quit on us? Because I for one would feel like shit if Ed was close to dying or something and here we are bitching about how VH quit and shit. Now I'm not saying he is sick, but it is very possible that he is lying to try to keep his sickness private. Hell, he may really have quit on us, but I never jump to conclusions unless I know shit is for certain. Just let this shit unfold for good and not jump to conclusions just because of a few very vague comments. Now........flame away.........

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

I agree with a lot of what you said. I really feel like his health is a major factor.
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

He was out hopping around on a golf course. Deathly ill people don't do that.

If Ed was near death, I wouldn't feel bad about one thing I've said about him. My comments are based on his actions, inactions, willingness to lead us on, and lies. If he were to die today, none of that would change.

I don't change my feelings about the way someone has acted just because something unfortunate happens to them afterwards. That's karma, baby.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

05.24.08 @ 02:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Mikel!!
    What is about Van Halen that you LIKE?
    What made you become a FAN of the band in the first place?..this is Eddie's life here..
    It's got nothing to do with you or the music.. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Exactly, it has nothing to do with me or the music, at least not directly. It's easy to love the music without loving the man that makes it.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

dude....Edward has no fuckin cancer for cryin out loud. His wife even said it. MD Anderson said it. His health is a non issue. His age and his psychosis maybe, but nothing to do with cancer.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Edward, to me, looks terrible. Not healthy at all. Maybe it's not cancer (maybe it is), but there's something wrong with him physically in my opinion.

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

for argument sake if he is sick he is going to have to talk about it sooner or later.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

I think he's just old now. Years of Alchohol have caught up, but I dont think its either cancer or chemo that made him look like that. Stress over possible cancer maybe, but I dont think it ever really set.

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it will be interesting to see what AL looks like.
    to me both ED and MIKE look old.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Me too.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    I think he's just old now. Years of Alchohol have caught up, but I dont think its either cancer or chemo that made him look like that. Stress over possible cancer maybe, but I dont think it ever really set.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah really. The guy is pushing 50, he's spent most of those years chain smoking and heavy drinking, as well as doing other substances. That's what you look like when you do those things - compare old/new pictures of Keith Richards and Jimmy Page for a similar effect.

Eddie is not very sick, and whatever sickness he has is nothing to do with us hearing nothing about the future of VH.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree with you guys. Unfortunately, Brad digresses in his lame response to Top's thread over at the Dump. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    His health is a non issue. His age and his psychosis maybe, but nothing to do with cancer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright everyone, it's time to get off of Eddie's ass about his health. I seriously doubt, thankfully, that any of you know what it's like to deal with a life threatening disease and the treatment and recovery it entails. And before you ask, yes, I do. I've been on dialysis with kidney failure for the past three years and finally got a transplant six weeks ago. Let's just say someone in recovery has their good days and they also have their bad days. It's an up and down thing. I've seen people come out of chemo, most that walked in needed to be wheeled out in a chair. Hopefully things are getting better for Eddie. As for his supposed energy on the golf course - you never know, he may have needed to plant his ass on the couch for a few days afterward just to recover. Ed doesn't seen like a lazy ass to me; I'm sure he is doing as much as he possibly can. Just sitting around gets old real quick! Let's give him the benefit of the doubt concerning his health - noone knows better than he does of whats going on.
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigBadBrian:

Alright everyone, it's time to get off of Eddie's ass about his health. I seriously doubt, thankfully, that any of you know what it's like to deal with a life threatening disease and the treatment and recovery it entails. And before you ask, yes, I do. I've been on dialysis with kidney failure for the past three years and finally got a transplant six weeks ago. Let's just say someone in recovery has their good days and they also have their bad days. It's an up and down thing. I've seen people come out of chemo, most that walked in needed to be wheeled out in a chair. Hopefully things are getting better for Eddie. As for his supposed energy on the golf course - you never know, he may have needed to plant his ass on the couch for a few days afterward just to recover. Ed doesn't seen like a lazy ass to me; I'm sure he is doing as much as he possibly can. Just sitting around gets old real quick! Let's give him the benefit of the doubt concerning his health - noone knows better than he does of whats going on.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sucks dude, I hope it all works out well for you.

But what you said is what makes it worse. Eddie is not seriously sick, his wife's version is the correct one. He had an operation to remove a growth on his tongue - but he's doing fine and it didn't require chemo or radiation. This is what I've heard, Seenbad has apparently heard similar things. This info is coming from friends of EVH not vh.com. Gary said much the same thing on the radio this morning.

Van Halen won't record another album with Dave but they might tour to support a BOV2. That hardly seems like the decisions of a physically sick man. Eddie looks like he does because of years of self abuse, not chemo.

So I guess I just called EVH a liar....moving this to the PD [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I hope I'm right, I'd rather he was well and lying than truthful and dying. But if he is distorting the facts to gain sympathy for his version of recent events then he won't have a leg to stand on, no matter how many hip replacements he has.

[ June 05, 2001 at 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan ]
    Delusions of eloquence