Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's my take that all the presenters for a award have lines written for them . I think Sammy was going along with what he was suppose to be saying when Dave as usual says whatever he planed on saying and this threw Sammy slightly off . I really doubt Sammy meant any offense to linkon park .

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Who cares if Linkin Park was offended? They suck, and that is what Sammy thinks also.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by andsomeonesaid:
    Who cares if Linkin Park was offended? They suck, and that is what Sammy thinks also.
    How can you claim to know what Sammy thinks? Just because he's not familiar with their music doesn't mean that he thinks they suck.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

07.30.08 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy set himself up with those rediculous clothes and he looked like a greasy pig.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is rather hilarious too is that if Sham had said oh yeah i know them, all the sheep woulda been like "Linkiln Park rules man". Sam has taste. oh yeah.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by famac@nuveen.com:
    Sammy set himself up with those rediculous clothes and he looked like a greasy pig.
    Thanks for this insightful, highbrow response.

Yes, bushy-haired Sammy looked and dressed like he was performing under the "Big Top” once again -- the only things missing from his performance were face makeup, a fake bulbous red nose, a pair of inordinately large shoes, and him making animal balloons for the young children in attendance. But DLR -- whose facial features and hair style resemble the Crypt Keeper and/or Doc Brown from the “Back To The Future” trilogy -- also looked ridiculous by wearing a scarf and an outfit reminiscent of the one Elvis wore in his 1968 Comeback Special. One guy dresses in a way that was NEVER in style (Sammy), while the other dresses in a way that hasn’t been in style since the Reagan Administration, at the very latest (DLR). I’m just glad that I’ve never allowed their lack of fashion sense over the years to affect my fondness for their music, with and without VH.

BTW, your "Favorite VH Song" is titled "Mean Street", not "Mean Streets". But since you’re overly smitten with DLR and his era fronting VH, including the band’s release of the classic album “Fair Warning” while he was at the helm, you already know that, right?!?
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by famac@nuveen.com:
    yeah and dave looked good in his bell bottoms and big collar and scarf...lmao.. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Executionor:
    What is rather hilarious too is that if Sham had said oh yeah i know them, all the sheep woulda been like "Linkiln Park rules man". Sam has taste. oh yeah.
    Are you that desperate to bash fans of Sammy and the Sammy era of VH that you actually create a make-believe situation?!? But even taking this scenario as likely to have occurred, is it any different than some of the most rabid DLR supporters on this board actually praising DLR for experimenting with techno crap on the "No Holds BBQ" DVD/video. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] Believe me, both sides in this never-ending DLR vs. Sammy debate can't stand on moral high ground, as they both have shown blind support for their singer of choice on occasion.

Anyway, just as Sammy probably went off script at the MTV VMAs to give DLR the "where you been all summer?" and "I don't need the money yet" digs, DLR likely went off script to ask Sammy what his favorite Linkin Park song was in an attempt to embarrass him. Both DLR and Sammy are childish on occasion, with the VMAs being the latest example. Then again, the exchanges between DLR and Sammy at the VMAs were tame compared to the ones we all witness on this board between their respective supporters.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ouncie33:
    How can you claim to know what Sammy thinks? Just because he's not familiar with their music doesn't mean that he thinks they suck.[QUOTE]I guess i pissed off the only Linkin Park fan on this site. Maybe Sam is not familiar with their material because he listened to it, did not like it, and thus forgot about them. And at least he was not backstage kissing their ass like DLR was. But hey, I am not a mind reader.

[ September 03, 2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: andsomeonesaid ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 11,600 Times in 4,945 Posts

BTW Sam said on Howard Stern today that he does like Linkin Park, that Dave caught him off guard or something. Who cares if he does or doesn't because the fact still remains that Linkin Park sucks.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 11,600 Times in 4,945 Posts

Originally posted by Executionor:
    He did say it, today on Stern bro. As far as I can tell, Dave and Sam both have bad taste then. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

they are just trying to be politically correct- i remember alex saying that he wanted to see the smashing pumpkins at the 96 mtv music awards... nobody in their right minds could possibly want to see the smashing pumpkins- they are probably the worst band in history... he was just trying to be polite to the popular rock music fans of the time...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that Sammy looked better than Dave at the VMAs and I think he did a much better job. Now before any of you start throwing a postal rant just let me explain why...

He came on stage as Sammy Hagar... The relaxed beachy dresser that he is and has always been. His look never goes out of style because it is simply BEACH CASUAL. He has a laid back look and it works for him. Dave always reaches way too far to the back of the 70's/80's closet. Sammy came out as Sammy and when Dave threw the curve ball at him about Linkin Park, he simply answerd honestly, "I don't know". Dave always has to be Mr. Ultra cool Ultra hip and Ultra now instead of EVER just being DLR. He's always in character which to me is sad because some of his fans would love to know the man behind the mask. Then again from what I have heard from people touring with him, he's pretty much a miserable asshole. I love VH, I love all 3 singers, I think EVH is the prince of Rock (of course Elvis is the King!) I dont want to be considered a Sammy ass licker it's just that to me, these are the proven facts.

[ September 03, 2002, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Executionor:
    He did say it, today on Stern bro. As far as I can tell, Dave and Sam both have bad taste then. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Ok, Brett, here is my point. This situation is not made up and I am not desparate to do so. I should have never said the word SHEEP, but my point was that there were a lot of guys saying how Sammy had taste because they "thought" Sam thought Linkiln Park sucked. NOW that Sam has said that he likes them, where are all these people that were saying "at least Sam has taste" Park sucks...Follow me? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] We are all here to support Van Halen! The Dave VS Sam thing will never go away...ever
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going to set the damn record straight here.

Dave looked like he was in the Village People wearing all that leather.

Sammy is a little too infatuated with the color red.

They need Valerie back, not Eddie. Someone needs to dress them like it is the year 2002.