Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Time isn't on VH's side. The longer the wait with regards to new material, the longer all the bashing, lies, hatred, and rumors will continue. This whole scene and what we post is something that we all share responsibility for. The bashing of each other and VH/singers is old, worn out and self destructive. Some of you out there have mighty big cahunas to think that everyone should agree with your opinion. Some of you force singer preference down other people's throats because you cannot handle someone having a different one. Some of you copy facts and figures from the charts and RIAA in attempts to convince others that your favorite singer is better. That is something that is in the ear of the beholder. You cannot change it.

You will not change Eddie or Alex or Mike or Dave or Sammy or even Gary with the arguments. You won't change anyone when you cuss at them for a differing view. VH wants to jam for people that want to have a good time. Some of you are acting like rabid dogs toward fellow fans. It ain't which member you like best or what the best song is...it is all about rockin' and having a good time. I call a spade a spade. If the music sucks, then it sucks. As I get a little older and wiser, I see these arguments and fights as a waste of time. But when you have the luxury of anonimity sitting behind a keyboard, you might say stuff that you normally wouldn't to people's faces. I used to be a big arguer at the dome, but I see all time I wasted as well as all the innocent people I insulted because I thought I could change opinions. Nobody listens to a dick. You (the people that use the bully approach) would be much better off finding others to agree with rather than picking off people you don't. What the hell does arguing your opinion of whether Sammy was a better singer than Dave do?? Nothing. Guess what?? I still think Dave is better...my preference, maybe not yours, that's ok. But why should we be wasting time and energy trying to PROOVE something as individual as an OPINION?? You cannot do it. My point?

Let's just find people we agree with, cut the bullshit and have fun. If you hate Eddie, find the Eddie haters on this board. If you like Gary or whoever, find others who agree and have fun. I think if we concentrate on having a good time rather than stirring shit, we would find the wait a little easier on the nerves. If you run across a post that gets your blood boiling, you really need to go do something else!! This board ain't worth a heart attack!! Oh well, enough of the peptalk/rant session!! Behave!!
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member
    Thanks mom. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Test5150
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by AlexFan:

VH wants to jam for people that want to have a good time!!

Tell me, where is this jamming going on? What clubs, arenas etc., are they appearing at?
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.03.15 @ 02:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look, eventually everything will gel properly, the planets will be in perfect alignment or whatever you want to call it, and Van Halen will return. Be it with a fourth singer, Sam or Dave, or hell why not Sam and Dave both! Imagine an evening with Van Halen featuring Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth! Time has a way of healing old wounds so to speak, I believe the brothers will bury the hatchet with both Sammy and Dave in due time. Whether or not they'll record together again is another question. In 2003, they'll be eligible for the Hall of Fame. Surely Sam and Dave will both want to be there. That could be the start of something, if nothing happens in the meantime. I just don't believe they're done. Musicians make music, that's what they do. As long as all the guys are still with us, there's hope.

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MrBrownSound:
    I believe the brothers will bury the hatchet with both Sammy and Dave in due time.
    Yes, but bury it where? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think the brothers have put knives in both of those guys backs. Don't think there's any room for hatchets too.

Screw the music - it would be nice to see everyone make up just for the sake of making up and having some peace.

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Life is too short for the bad karma that is continually thrown out by the Van Halen's. I just wish they would kiss and make up with SOMEONE! At this rate, the only one at Ed's funeral will be Val and Wolfie.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Well certainly we wouldn't want any entusiastic debate with differing opinions... this is the internet... where common decency and proper behavior preside... not the streets!!

Imagine Whirled Peas... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by AlexFan:
    Let's just find people we agree with, cut the bullshit and have fun. If you hate Eddie, find the Eddie haters on this board. If you like Gary or whoever, find others who agree and have fun. I think if we concentrate on having a good time rather than stirring shit, we would find the wait a little easier on the nerves. If you run across a post that gets your blood boiling, you really need to go do something else!! This board ain't worth a heart attack!! Oh well, enough of the peptalk/rant session!! Behave!!
    Some of the hatred amoungst us is much deeper rooted than Van Halen...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hallelujah Brother! That's the best post I have seen on VH all year. I am SICK of the SAM vs. DAVE bullshit. I am a Van Halen fan - PERIOD. I have been hanging out at the Slawterhouse website for a while - what a complete waste of my time. Thanks for some refreshing comments and insight.

Peace, Love and Beer
    The jury looked at me and said OUT OF LUCK

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Opinions forum stuff here, sending it that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Any
    Favorite VH Song

Any
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 08:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by wip5150:
    Life is too short for the bad karma that is continually thrown out by the Van Halen's. I just wish they would kiss and make up with SOMEONE! At this rate, the only one at Ed's funeral will be Val and Wolfie.
    I'm pretty sure inaction on the part of the brothers won't affect their karma. Impatience is not an excuse to attack the people you're impatient about
    Into every life, a little Halen must fall

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Any
    Favorite VH Song

Any
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 08:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by fastcc:
    Hallelujah Brother! That's the best post I have seen on VH all year. I am SICK of the SAM vs. DAVE bullshit. I am a Van Halen fan - PERIOD. I have been hanging out at the Slawterhouse website for a while - what a complete waste of my time. Thanks for some refreshing comments and insight.

Peace, Love and Beer
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] EXCELLENT!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Into every life, a little Halen must fall

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by fastcc:

Peace, Love and Beer
    You're Welcome!!

[ July 03, 2002, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: AlexFan ]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Peace Love and beer.....I like that. It's like you are wishing people a vacation or something. HAHAHA!! cool saying.