Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i mean what do you think? and i don't just mean with dave...i mean with the band period. if ed was healthy, they would have done something by now. i don't think we're gonna be in any luck at al..sad to say...but a huge river of inspiration has run dry [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

JMJ [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

This is all just IMHO and speculation of course. I think any chance of VH with Dave or Sammy is gone. I think we may get one more album out of VH, what that album consists of I dont have the faintest idea.

They have been doing this for a long time, doesnt surprise me that they my get tierd of doing it after awhile. Not sure that Ed wants to give up the control he now has.

I dont really blame anyone particular but it does anger me the way VH treats there fans. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

With the money that exists, there will always be a slim chance of a reconciliation. But I think the reunion with Dave is over.

As for VH beyond that, I think that's looking pretty grim as well.

Gonna send this to the Opinions Forum, hopefully someone can spread a little sunshine on the gloom. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Yes, it is(Someone, please cue the fat lady to start singing).
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Sorry, no sunshine from me. Yes, we do have a huge catalog of songs to go back and listen to but I would like to hear something new. Eddie is too talented a musician to not be heard from. At this point, we just wait and see.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dunno.

TECHNICALLY, no it isn't, because they haven't said it is. But you start to wonder how many years a band can drop off the radar and not have any news before they're basically gone. It would be one thing if they had a singer and were just on hiatus, but since it seems as if they're no closer to getting one than they were in 1999 it becomes easy to cast the gloom of, "They're finished," over the whole thing.

Putting things in perspective, though: Even when a band says it's over, it isn't always over. Case in point is Ki$$. First they say it's a farewell tour, then they extend it, then they perform with someone else in the cat makeup, then they say they're thinking about recording again.

I guess it isn't really over until the day they announce Carnie Wilson is the lead singer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    "Nothing's over till we say its over"

That is a quote from everyones favorite movie, anyway, that is the impression Ed, Al, & Mike are leading this VH fan to believe.

Dont think its over, but talk about falling out of existence, WOW !! Where is Alex, and Ed ? The questions go on and on and on...........

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree that it's not over untill ED, Alex and Mike say it is, but you have to wonder when bands like the Who can mend thier differences and countless other acts come together to try and heal this country with music after the sept. 11th tragedy and there was not even a blip on the radar screen from VH. Do you think if ED had called Paul Mcartney and said "Hey I would like to contribute to this concert, maybe play a solo" or "The guys and I would like to help, what can we do?" that Paul would have turned him down. I don't think so. Unfortunately it took a horrific event in our history to realize how precious life is and how we should all be good to each other and come together, apparently that does not apply to VH.

I'm not trying to say that ED and the guys are not caring people. I'm sure they are and I am also sure that they were shocked and horrified at what they saw on sept. 11th. That being said, now we have to find a way to go on, we have to find a way to heal. What better way to heal than through music. God has graced these guys with an incredible gift to heal through the power of music and they still are nowhere to be found, even after sept. 11th. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As Da COACH would say, YES--NEXT!
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    "Nothing's over till we say its over"

That is a quote from everyones favorite movie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could've sworn I posted "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Somebody deleted this?

That's from Animal House!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmmm, well, here is a band who has no singer. Eddie has/had cancer. The drummer wore a neck brace for last two tours. No album since 1998, and no hint of one to come, let alone prospects for a singer, or at least realistic prospects.
    I think that pretty much sums it up!
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zadian:
    hmmm, well, here is a band who has no singer. Eddie has/had cancer. The drummer wore a neck brace for last two tours. No album since 1998, and no hint of one to come, let alone prospects for a singer, or at least realistic prospects.
    I think that pretty much sums it up!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shit...since you broke it down like that zadian...hot dang, we in trouble.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's like Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis Presly, 2-Pac, and the truth behind Kennedy's shooting... We'll never know the answer to it, but tabloids will post many stories surrounding the disappearance, and sometime down the line Oliver Stone will do a movie about it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."