Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I, probably like many have been taking in all the recent postings about EVH at Namm. Unless we were there to witness it, there is no way we can say that Eddie appeared drunk or was rude, and said this regarding VH. All we have is different people's accounts of what happenned. Having said that here's what I gather from these events:
    1. It sure sounds like Roth or Hagar are not in the future plans of VH (which sucks ass)
    2. If Eddie indeed appeared drunk off his ass in public and treated his fans like shit, then I totally agree with what many have said. Eddie just needs to get his life in order first. VH must take a 2nd seat when it comes to your health.
    3. I wouldn't expect any new music in the VH camp in 2003.

What does everyone else think?
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Finished what you started
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Makes perfect sense.. I have also read all of the comments and posted a few along the way- This sums it all up!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most of us, and certainly I, have no clue how bad off Eddie may be...BUT, most big time alcoholics I've ever seen are usually kinda bloated, both in the face and in the gut. Eddie looked pretty skinny to me. Not saying that he doesn't drink...but saying he doesn't look like the alcoholic he did back in 88-93.

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

I want to see VIDEO of Ed's NAMM appearance...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by a.f.u.:
    Most of us, and certainly I, have no clue how bad off Eddie may be...BUT, most big time alcoholics I've ever seen are usually kinda bloated, both in the face and in the gut. Eddie looked pretty skinny to me. Not saying that he doesn't drink...but saying he doesn't look like the alcoholic he did back in 88-93.
    Not true, that may be the case at first but eventually they become diabetic from such high sugar intake. Alcohol prevents the release of glucose from your liver and can increase the risk of your blood sugar falling too low (hypoglycemia), which can lead to sever weight loss and eventually anorexia nervousa. The reason for this is because your muscle tissues don't get enough glucose to generate growth and energy. This is especially true if you have type 1 diabetes, where very little sugar gets into your cells. In fact, most people with type 1 diabetes are at or below their normal weight.

[ January 24, 2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by a.f.u.:
    Not true, that may be the case at first but eventually they become diabetic from such high sugar intake. Alcohol prevents the release of glucose from your liver and can increase the risk of your blood sugar falling too low (hypoglycemia), which can lead to sever weight loss and eventually anorexia nervousa. The reason for this is because your muscle tissues don't get enough glucose to generate growth and energy. This is especially true if you have type 1 diabetes, where very little sugar gets into your cells. In fact, most people with type 1 diabetes are at or below their normal weight. </font>[/QUOTE]Possible, but not any more common in alcoholics than ppl with high sugar intakes, at least to my knowledge.

What your describing is common in ppl with established IDMM. It really can't cause IDDM, but EtOH is a very common cause of death in diabetics. Miracle Brett Micheal is still alive.

[ January 24, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: rebel78 ]
    <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~rebel" target="_blank">The Coolest VH Trade Site on the Net!!</a>

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My feeling is that the man has hit bottom.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dont think you would see him out in public like the NAMM thing if that were the case........I think he has been there (not that long ago) but is on the way out.
    Any public appearance, even looking a bit disheveled, is a good sign for him in my view.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member
    i think no vh again in 2003.sammy is gonna tour with lynrd skynrd. dave made a few bucks last summer and will piss it all away this summer.
    lets all go rock with kiss and areosmith on the same bill. keep hope alive .
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by a.f.u.:
    After the bloating comes huge weight loss because after a certain stage of alcoholism it's hard to stomach actual food (anything of substance anyways). Not to say this is where Ed is at mind you. Just FYI.

As far as the opening post goes. I really think this NAMM appreance was just one day. Nothing else. And certainly not a day that yeilded anything to speculate on the future of VH

[ January 26, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Tonedaddy ]
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I just hope the guy is doing well, both personally and spirtually. If the band makes music again I'll be there like always but taking care of himself and his family should be priority #1. God bless you Ed and all the best.

[ January 26, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Mario VH ]
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

III
    Favorite VH Song

Year to the day
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is my first post and the subject I'm most concerned with. For Christ's sake the man has been through 3 lead singers, hip replacement, alcoholism, cancer and a seperation. I cannot believe my ears when "fans" whine about not having any new music.

My prayers go out to the man. I hope he gets his life and order and finds happiness.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Running With the Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen. Very well said. Eddie deserves to get his life in order first, no question there. We all want to see him healthy. But much like the troubles with Iraq however, time is definately running out for the band itself IMHO. In my mind if they do not release a 25th year "anniversary" album and launch a tour immediately following it's release, they may never do so again as Van Halen. This milestone should be of utmost importance to them as well as the fans, and they should embrace the fact that they have made it through 25 years in this business, even tho they have had their problems along the way.