Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's become painfully obvious that DLR isn't returning to the fold anytime soon. Apparenly he needs to sink further into obscurity, and Ed needs to have another failed project. Their egos are still to large to compromise.

That said, how do you want to see Eddie fail again? An instrumental project? Multiple vocalists? A whole different genre of music?

I've been thinking that somebody like Pat Bennatar would be really interesting to hear in the band. She's got a great, strong voice. Lita Ford kind of fits this mold too, I guess. It'd be cool to see what they could come up with, and how they'd handle the old material live. Does this sort of thing interest anybody but me?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

How about getting Ralph Saenz in the band? A lot of people have no problem with DLR using Bart Walsh to recreate a taste of the past, why not use Ralph for the same purpose? Dave couldn't get Eddie, so he got a clone. Eddie doesn't seem to want to work with Dave, why not get a clone?

If you took the Van Halen name off the marquee, would anybody be interested in this?

Seems to me that beyond the name issue, this is no different than what DLR did for the last few years.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Can Ralph write? I know he did a short stint in LA Guns a couple years back. Did anything come of it?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If we're living in a dream land, I'd like to see them "fail" with Sammy, but reality says if they can't work it out with Dave, there's no way in hell they can work it out with me.

The only problem with getting the Atomic Punks singer to fill in for VH is it would feel a little too "Steel Dragon" for my tastes. I'd constantly wonder if Ralph was a real part of VH or was just being given songs written by Ed and Al to sing.

If Gary Cherone couldn't get a say in the band, what makes you think a tribute band singer has a chance?
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Since we're talking about Eddie Van Halen, it's probably irrelevant whether Ralph can write or not. Actually, it would probably be better for the relationship (soul mates?? ) if he didn't, since Eddie seems to get fed up with singers who have opinions.

Eddie probably knows that the fans want to relive that early era of the band, yet he doesn't seem to want to take the baggage that comes with David Lee Roth. With Ralph, Eddie gets as close to DLR as possible without actually having to work with the man again.

And any VH show is going to feature, at most, probably a few new songs. How hard would it be for Eddie to write 3 songs in the vein of his early work, then use the rest of the album to play dictator.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie's gone on record as saying he doesn't want to go backward so hiring Ralph would be going against that (not that he hasn't lied in the past mind you).

Also, who's to say Ralph even wants in VH? He'd probably be more successful in the tribute band than he would be in VH at this point.

Bottom line is if Dave and Ed can't work things out (and that looks likely at this point) then they both better get used to selling anywhere from 50-300K in records and forget about doing arenas.

Actually it's even more bleak for VH at this point. No singer, no label, and no manager. Not to mention that Mikey might be on his way to Sams new band (Might as well. He'll at least get some respect there and sell about the same amount of records. Probably get a bigger piece of the pie there too).

At least Dave's hit rock bottom and has started clawing his way back up. VH still hasn't hit that point yet and won't recover until they do (if they ever recover that is).

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My feeling is that Eddie is insane. He wants success and record sales. He always claims he doesn't, but he wouldn't be kicking Cherone out or lying to the fans about his intentions if he didn't want this success. But he still has not accepted the fact that most people accept Van Halen as Eddie, Dave, Alex and Michael.

I think we may see a reunion one day, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Maybe in another five years? I think Eddie needs to prove to himself one more time that he will fall on his ass if he doesn't have Dave. He needs one more embarressing go at it before he realizes that he can't make solo albums and expect them to sell.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not that Eddie ever needs to work again, but at this point, if he were to try reinventing himself and carrying on, it would be career suicide to attempt it under the name "Van Halen" without either Dave or Sammy. We die-hards and guitarists would still buy it of course, but there would be ZERO chance of the band returning to anything approaching the multi-platinum sales status they enjoyed with Roth and Hagar. If the Reunion truly is dead, then Ed should seriously consider officially coming out and burying Van Halen once and for all, then worry about reinventing himself. Heck, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for him to then just go ahead and LET Mike go play with Sammy (provided that conjecture turned out to be even somewhat true...), and perhaps even part career paths with Alex as well. Eddie is an INCREDIBLE, LEGENDARY musician and songwriter folks, and is still highly marketable, don't kid yourselves for even one second into thinking the guy couldn't find a major label eager to give him a shot as a solo artist.

Maybe it's finally time for him to follow in his idol Eric Clapton's footsteps and give it a go entirely on his own.

I'd sure love nothing more to see the reunion happen, but it looks less likely with each passing day, and Ed's chances of legitimate commercial success without doing the reunion would be far greater as a true solo artist. A 4th singer "Van Halen" project would be even more doomed before it begins than VHIII was.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Rikk:
    My feeling is that Eddie is insane.
    Pretty much sums it up for me too
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Fuck failure. What we should be discussing is how we want Eddie VH to succeed again. I just want the guy to make music again under the Van Halen moniker. If it's Dave or Sam-awesome, if it's singer 4 well why the fuck not? I don't think Ed considers VH3 a failure. It's an album the band made and despite it's relative lack of commercial success I still think Ed looks at the whole VH3 scenario with a sense of pride. You can't paint a picasso every time you put brush to canvas and you can't duplicate VH1 or 1984 either. Take the music for aht it's worth and if you like it great and if you don't that's fine too.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member
    have you ever worked with a ego maniac?=i have-
    they can rationalize anything into reality.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I dont want Eddie to fail !!

Hey Ed, call Dave !! Call Mikey, and get you brother to come out of the cave he is hiding in.

Its okay !!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mario VH:
    Fuck failure. What we should be discussing is how we want Eddie VH to succeed again. I just want the guy to make music again under the Van Halen moniker. If it's Dave or Sam-awesome, if it's singer 4 well why the fuck not? I don't think Ed considers VH3 a failure. It's an album the band made and despite it's relative lack of commercial success I still think Ed looks at the whole VH3 scenario with a sense of pride. You can't paint a picasso every time you put brush to canvas and you can't duplicate VH1 or 1984 either. Take the music for aht it's worth and if you like it great and if you don't that's fine too.
    well said. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Steel Dragonish? WTF! that was a fuckin movie.
    Wasn't Ralph Saenz in that movie?
    "Ralph the clone gets the Throne and DLR is soloing on his own". Better than a bitch singer!
    Just go for it!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't want Ed to fail either. But I'd rather just have him quietly fade off in the sunset then try something ludicrous like a fourth singer. Or better yet, do some new project and not call it "Van Halen." Just don't insult the fans again and put out a crappy product like VDIII.