Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Opinions...hmmm, one thing I have noticed about most users here is they are VERY pro Dave which is unfortunate as I think it shoulld be more pro VH. Anyway, since this is 'Opinions' section I will say that I absolutely detest DLR, I think he is a total and complete asshole, especially with that stupid grin at end of 'Jump' video, I just hate the guy, he is the kind of guy that when I see him I just want to kick the shit out of him, and I would be very surprised if he is actually trained in any martial art, if we was he should consider a new trainer, and VH going back to him in my opinion would be a huge mistake. All it would do is inflate their bank accounts and for what? An expensive ticket for nostalgia? As far as I am concerned if he goes back he HAS to do Sammy era songs as well, like it or not Daveheads, that IS Van Halen too, if he doesn't he is even more of an asshole, not to mention egotistical. In fact I would rather see #4 before DLR, or even Gary returning. Besides, I don't think there is any reason to worry about DLR coming back, Eddie knows what an asshole he is. If it meant no DLR means no more VH music I would accept that, I personally don't care to hear anything from that loudmouth solo or with VH. MWM and CGTSNM sucked bad and shouldn't even be mentioned, VHIII was better than that crap spewed out in a rush to cash in!
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Well, like him or not Dave was one of the original members of Van Halen. And it's that formula that most of us "Daveheads" love and hated to see changed. I don't care if Dave's an a**hole, and I think he is sometimes, but I don't expect him to be showing up for Sunday dinner anytime soon. But when you put his singing with Edwards guitar playing and Alex's drumming and Mike's bass and backing vocals, it's magic - pure magic. And no amount of anti-Roth rhetoric from people like you are ever going to change that. As long as there is at least one copy of each of the first six Van Halen albums still in existance, the proof is out there.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Get the asbestos, this thread has "flame" written all over it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, your views are pretty controversial around here, Zadian. Granted I don't really share a lot of them - I prefer Sammy in the VH forumla, but I've never been moved to loath and contempt by the sight or sound of Roth before.

Hopefully everyone will keep things at the level of a civil discussion of opinions in here and not start a petty case of bickering.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Zadian, I respect your right to have and express your opinion. At times, Dave has been an asshole but so has Eddie, Alex, Mike, Sammy and almost every other person in the world. Most of the 'Daveheads' love him for his stage presence, his voice, and his rock n roll attitude. He along with EVH, AVH and MA put together 6 magical albums. Their chemistry in my opinion is second to none. Sammy was good for the band but not the best. If Sam does come back, I'd welcome it with open arms. Hopefully, one of the two will be back and we all could get on with listening to the greatest rock n roll band!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zadian:
    Opinions...hmmm, one thing I have noticed about most users here is they are VERY pro Dave which is unfortunate as I think it shoulld be more pro VH. Anyway, since this is 'Opinions' section I will say that I absolutely detest DLR, I think he is a total and complete asshole, especially with that stupid grin at end of 'Jump' video, I just hate the guy, he is the kind of guy that when I see him I just want to kick the shit out of him, and I would be very surprised if he is actually trained in any martial art, if we was he should consider a new trainer, and VH going back to him in my opinion would be a huge mistake. All it would do is inflate their bank accounts and for what? An expensive ticket for nostalgia? As far as I am concerned if he goes back he HAS to do Sammy era songs as well, like it or not Daveheads, that IS Van Halen too, if he doesn't he is even more of an asshole, not to mention egotistical. In fact I would rather see #4 before DLR, or even Gary returning. Besides, I don't think there is any reason to worry about DLR coming back, Eddie knows what an asshole he is. If it meant no DLR means no more VH music I would accept that, I personally don't care to hear anything from that loudmouth solo or with VH. MWM and CGTSNM sucked bad and shouldn't even be mentioned, VHIII was better than that crap spewed out in a rush to cash in!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Half of the shit I say around here is pretty foolish and stupid and I know it. However, this takes the cake. Were you drunk when you wrote this or maybe you caught your gf cheating on your or something? You must be in a bad mood..

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

...and when the Dave/VH reunion tickets go on sale, Zadian will be the first in line to get them! Your desire to "start shit" is falling short

PS--don't threaten DLR, son! He'll mule-kick you all the way to the North Pole!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

02.21.17 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raldo:
    Zadian, I respect your right to have and express your opinion. At times, Dave has been an asshole but so has Eddie, Alex, Mike, Sammy and almost every other person in the world. Most of the 'Daveheads' love him for his stage presence, his voice, and his rock n roll attitude. He along with EVH, AVH and MA put together 6 magical albums. Their chemistry in my opinion is second to none. Sammy was good for the band but not the best. If Sam does come back, I'd welcome it with open arms. Hopefully, one of the two will be back and we all could get on with listening to the greatest rock n roll band!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's what I call an open minded fan. Excellent post!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, first, no Dave would not Mule Kick me to the north pole *lol*...In fact I would never have any worry of that.

Second...No I was not drunk when I wrote my post, I only stated my opinion. And no I didn't find my g/f with another...I had to dump her because she couldn't deal with the fact I have a wife haha *lol*

Thirdly...I would not be front of line to get tickets to a DLR & VH show...in fact it would be more like if I happened upon a ticket, meaning a friend had an extra I'd go, but I wouldn't rush out to by one as it would only be a nostalgia show...no thanks, I'll catch the next Creed tour instead, at least it is a little more with the times.

However if it is with Sammy, well I would make more an effort to go as I think they are better with Sammy, and obviously more commercially successfull as the number one albums and number one songs prove, something that never happened with DLR.

Did DLR have a defining role in VH, sure, or course he did. Was the songs they created with DLR good? Of course, and that part of VH 'history' will always be there, but it is history, they don't get along with DLR. With Sammy, and Gary, VH grew up, they matured, and it showed in the music. I am not a teenager anymore, and I do not look to relive my youth, the past is the past and the present must lead to the future. DLR is stuck in past, leave him there I say, let's move forward. DLR can slap on his wig and screech out old VH songs of 20+ years ago if he wants, but it is not, nor ever will be Van Halen. Van Halen is what Van Halen is today, with or without Dave, and if it is with Dave it is just a nostalgia show cause he can't get out of past. Now if that is what Dave wants to do with VH or himself...great, cheaper ticket when they play the local state fair because other than the Daveheads nobody will give a shit!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

While I'd love to see Dave back I gotta agree with Zacian on a thing or two. First off Dave is stuck in the past. He is still using his lines from the 80's and his new ones don't cut the cake. He can't seem to move on, and that's a shame because he is a real smart guy. Now when I say he is stuck in the past I mean on the stage, not musically. Me Wise Magic, and CGTSNM proved he can still write new, fresh sounding music as opposed to 80's sounding rock music. If Dave is still in the state of mind that he is in the 80's though, I don't want to see him with Van Halen. He can stick to the nostalgia acts he does now, instead of just creating a larger nostalgia tour. So Dave better get with it! If not bring back Sammy, he still has hair too. Come on Dave do something about your hair, otherwise you will hear about it if you go on tour with VH, because a lot more people will notice you then. But right now, the just gotta do something! ANYTHING!!!!
    I am awesome

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Zadian has some good points about DLR but I disagree that VH3 is better than CGTSNM and MWM. VH3 is the worst thing VH has ever released, IMO.

If Dave comes back to the band, I don't know if he can still make some fresh, up-to-date songs because we haven't heard anything new from him since 1998 (unless you count "Look At All The People Here Tonight"). We know he's been practicing the old VH tunes on tour, but nothing new has come from him in a while.

All I know is that VH has been in the studio for a damn long time and they have tons of music recorded that just needs vocals. Whether it's Dave, Sammy, Gary, or #4, VH has to get the show on the road!
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    Zadian has some good points about DLR but I disagree that VH3 is better than CGTSNM and MWM. VH3 is the worst thing VH has ever released, IMO.

If Dave comes back to the band, I don't know if he can still make some fresh, up-to-date songs because we haven't heard anything new from him since 1998 (unless you count "Look At All The People Here Tonight"). We know he's been practicing the old VH tunes on tour, but nothing new has come from him in a while.

All I know is that VH has been in the studio for a damn long time and they have tons of music recorded that just needs vocals. Whether it's Dave, Sammy, Gary, or #4, VH has to get the show on the road!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great post Dan, you just read my mind. Especialy the last line of your statement, VH get your shit together and start doing something, anything. OUT

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Anyway, since this is 'Opinions' section I will say that I absolutely detest DLR, I think he is a total and complete asshole, especially with that stupid grin at end of 'Jump' video, I just hate the guy, he is the kind of guy that when I see him I just want to kick the shit out of him, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just a rock'n'roll band. Try Prozac.
    Delusions of eloquence

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:

It's just a rock'n'roll band. Try Prozac.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

no thanks, I'll catch the next Creed tour instead, at least it is a little more with the times<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!

dude! Creed is a nostalgia band for Pearl Jam!

Creed----ROFLMAO! "ahhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrryeahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrr"

it all makes sense to me now!
    thanks

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pearl Jam...who are they? Didn't they spnsor Ticketmaster or something?