Thread: Inside magazine

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

don't you all agree that it's a bummer that Inside magazine (also) stopped. I mean they could
    still put out issues with material from the bands past, photographs, tours, etc
    This way there's at least something to look forward to, since I personally don't think the VH band will appear in the near future.

what do you guys think?
    cheers
    Léonardus

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

It`s a real bummer that "Inside" is not around anymore . I remember speaking to them in April 2001 and they said the VHII tour issue was about to come out , of course that issue never saw the light of day . [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Those issues of the INSIDE are awesome. Great stuff.

Too bad the VHII tour book never made it, or hasnt made it yet.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by leonardus:
    Hi everyone,

don't you all agree that it's a bummer that Inside magazine (also) stopped. I mean they could
    This way there's at least something to look forward to, since I personally don't think the VH band will appear in the near future.

what do you guys think?
    cheers
    Léonardus
    well as soon as VH doea somthing the inside will be back, maybe, the fan base just isn't there folks if he puts out an issue he'll lose money cause there isn't enough subscribers to pay pay for the costs, that's the truth folks, VH basicaly has zero fanbase anymore.
    Rol.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

'Inside' was a cool magazine. Unfortunately, it went away with the band.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by leonardus:
    Hi everyone,

what do you guys think?
    cheers
    Léonardus
    well as soon as VH doea somthing the inside will be back, maybe, the fan base just isn't there folks if he puts out an issue he'll lose money cause there isn't enough subscribers to pay pay for the costs, that's the truth folks, VH basicaly has zero fanbase anymore.
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Part of the reason they don't have as many subscribers is that they shorted people on the # of issues they were supposed to receive. I got 3 out of 4 and that just didn't cut it with me. This wouldn't most likely have happened with other magazines, because they have their stuff together. I don't think the Inside did very well at keeping track of how many they needed to send out. By the way, I am not the only one this happened to, I recall a similar thread at The Pleasure Dome and some others had gotten stiffed on their issues as well.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Way Too Difficult
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts

As good as the magazine may have been, it doesn't alter the fact that my credit card was debited, my money taken - and my full subscription not completed. In my books that's theft plain and simple. No explination - no refund offer. Sorry, but that's how it is.
    Salt shaker, little lick a lime...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I was vocal in my displeasure with them not completing my subscription. But Jeff who runs it has come in here on several occasions and stated that he'll make good on what people are owed. And he's good by his word, because I recently emailed him to get a couple of back issues to complete my subscription; if the magazine's continuation is dependant upon the band doing something, that could take a (loooong) while.

Not only did I get the two back issues I asked for, they threw in a couple of other items on their own. I hadn't been subscribing since the start, so while I'd love to see further tour issues like the one on the first world tour, I got my years subscription worth, and don't feel I've been ripped off at all.

And I wish I'd gotten the club days issue of the magazine, but I was late to the party!

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you feel you've been "stiffed" on your subscription, as Glenn stated, you *can* contact Jeff Hausman about the remaining balance on your account, and he *will* do one of two things:

-Reimburse you the remaining amount

or,

-Use whatever you have left in your account towards any merchandise you want in the Van Halen Store.

I chose the last option earlier this year and Jeff did follow through on his offer. A week later I received a nice black henley shirt with the VH logo embroidered on it. As a matter of fact, I was over by something like $2 or $3, and he covered it even though I offered to mail it to him.

Not too many companies that would go belly up would offer something like this to their patrons.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    If you feel you've been "stiffed" on your subscription, as Glenn stated, you *can* contact Jeff Hausman about the remaining balance on your account, and he *will* do one of two things:

-Reimburse you the remaining amount

or,

-Use whatever you have left in your account towards any merchandise you want in the Van Halen Store.

I chose the last option earlier this year and Jeff did follow through on his offer. A week later I received a nice black henley shirt with the VH logo embroidered on it. As a matter of fact, I was over by something like $2 or $3, and he covered it even though I offered to mail it to him.

Not too many companies that would go belly up would offer something like this to their patrons.
    Check your e-mail Vince
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!