Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing that always bothered me about MTV (among other things) is that they seem to have forgotten who set the standard for most of the hard-rock videos that are played to this day. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

It seems like after DLR left, Aerosmith swooped in and filled the vaccum with their own "clever" videos. Now they're considered music video pioneers?? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

VH (or more so DLR) were definitely ahead of their time in terms of visuals and humor. It's a shame that was lost with the advent of the Sammy-era. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

The classic videos with Dave (Jump, Panama, and Hot For Teacher) are still in rotation!
    Fast Eddie

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.10.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The problem as I see it is if you give them the icon award, who would show up to get it?

The duo of Dave and Sam with Mike in tow?

Hard to give someone something when they aren't there to get it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

fuck mtv

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by JMJ:
    fuck mtv

JMJ
    DITTO PERSONIFIED!!!!!

MTV seems to have forgotten who helped put them on the map. The recent VH1 special even said they're (VH) video contributions are what led to MTV's success.

A bunch of fucking fags who are only interested in playing rap and pop music. When was the last time ANYONE saw a fucking rock video on that piece of shit?

Once again, FUCK 'EM!
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by aftershock5:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:
    fuck mtv

JMJ
    DITTO PERSONIFIED!!!!!

MTV seems to have forgotten who helped put them on the map. The recent VH1 special even said they're (VH) video contributions are what led to MTV's success.

A bunch of fucking fags who are only interested in playing rap and pop music. When was the last time ANYONE saw a fucking rock video on that piece of shit?

Once again, FUCK 'EM!
    </font>[/QUOTE]eMpTy Vee bites the big one! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Video killed the radio star. End of story.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They are not Icons in MTV's eyes because they have nothong to push right now
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

..probably because they did jump for about $ 800.....now you got a write a check to mtv & Desmond childs to get half-way to the top
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

They were icons in 1984 when they had ground-breaking videos in rotation.

In the current state of MTV (or for the last ten years for that maetter), the last thing I would want is for VH to be MTV icons - that would mean they had become pure SHIT to be included in the crop of bullshit that MTV finds "musical".

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

you're talkin bout a station that won't play various videos, but they have a series and a movie out called jackass...whatever

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

We all hate MTV for what it's become, but love it for what it once was. Most of us were teenagers or younger when we loved it. They marketed to us back then, and played the music we wanted them to.

They're still doing that, but for today's teenagers and kids. Like it or not, but our music hasn't changed. The tastes of today's audience has. Aerosmith is really the one rock band that's managed to hang on and connect with them.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MikeL's right. Each generation has it's own music and style and the generation preceding it for the most part, hates it. At least there's VH1 where you can find some of the music from our era. If there was a reunion of the Dave era VH, there would probably be some kind of Icon show to help push any CD that coincided w/it. From what I've heard, a couple of the guys in Aerosmith were NOT pleased w/the Icon show. I think the reason being that it was a crass attempt at marketing by having artists who had nothing to do w/the Aerosmith legacy covering their catalog of music. May have been Whitford and Hamilton doing the grousing as I recall.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    MTV

How bout' that VH1 classic [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Us great Van Halen fans know the truth [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Screw Empty Vee... The whole Aerosmith Icon was disgusting... Such a petty attempt at perpetuating the overhypped Aero-myth...

During that MTV Icon show, they actually said that Aerosmith's winding down by 1982 actually allowed new bands like Van Halen to pass them by and achieve success!!!!! BULLSHIT!
    We all know VH got signed in 1977 and had several consecutive multi-platinum chart topping albums by the time 1982 had rolled around. For them to even suggest that VH's success(or any other band's success) was due to the fact Aero was having a hard couple years is insulting and preposterous. And Aerosmith should be ashamed cuz I know they have final say over what goes into those type of shows, so they knew the narrator would say those things.
    That Icon show was appaling. Its all for ratings.. And not a single one of Aero-myth's peers where there. I mean, Slash was sitting in the audience when he shoulda been onstage jamming! At least he can play. Instead they had a bunch of newbie losers honor Aero in a cheap attempt to make Aero look as if they are still relevant. Posers like Kid Rock, who said that covering an Aerosmith tune was like going back to his old high school band practices.. Funny considering that back in high school he was a wiggered out rapper who was never even in a band!!
    The shit people talk.. They shoulda had Cheap Trick or even the VH bros or someone like that there.. Instead of trying to give the impression Aero is the only old school rock band left and have them honored by a bunch of talentless half wits.. No wonder Brad Whitford was pissed.. It got really petty when Aero sits there and say "well, this was a drug album but it was good... and this one was a drug album but it was bad"...LOL... they are sooo pathetic now.. America's greatest rock band? yeah, thats why they used studio musicians on some albums back in the 70's and have spent the last 15 years employing every outside songrwriter in the book..

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Once upon a time MTV, played music videos. Hence the name...Music Television. Now...it plays non-stop shit with no regard for the bands that made them the huge empire they are today

MTV sucks big fat elephant dicks!!! You got that..
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine