Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by kevohman:
    You know, they say love is blind...and along that same line..so is the devotion the Daveaholics show to him....I think DLR could walk out on the stage and just hum the whole show..do his jack off bit and they would all say he kicked Sam's ass...theres no objectivity for them...if someone says Sam did better than Dave...its like a threat to their manhood or something....
    I saw the Gorge show in Washington...I also saw VH with DLR in Cincinnati Ohio back in 1983...
    The Dave I saw last Saturday night , although I thought he did pretty well compared to what I expected, was a shell of what I saw in '83 .
    He was stiff, lifeless, almost like he needed to gain confidence before he could move. He also forgot words, sang verses twice , came in late in several spots...and relied on some very old, very tired bits . Seeing Dave do his jack off bit is like hearing the same old joke for the 50th time, you kind of chuckle and then think...well..what else have you got...? I also saw the sam old Dave superiorority complex that probably got him kicked right out of a VH reunion. You can see it in his face...Dave soaks up adoration just like a sponge soaks up water . Remember a few years back when dave was with the boys in VH and they were recording, and it looked like he was back in...and then they did the MTV awards...and the crowd went nuts, and so did Dave...this was also the night that the reunion went out the door.
    I fear that DLR back in VH would be just like the show I saw last week...A VH nostlgia act...
    and thats all it would be.
    Sammy Hagar was entertaining , his voice is amazing, he's energetic, and I'm sick of hearing about what a downer Eagles fly is...its a hell of a song.
    I also wish Dave would have done more of his solo stuff. I loved his stuff from Eat em, and Skyscraper...Damn good is a great song, so is his Tobacco road cover . But it seems he's just trying to show the VH boys he's still capable of fronting them. Which, he is...barely.
    I would Love to see VH reborn with either guy, and would pay to see them either way. Personally I hope its Sammy, but who knows , it might be neither one of them, or it might be nothing at all. And if the latter is the case...I thank Dave and Sam for doing this show, and giving us all a taste of what we miss most of all.
    Thanks Guys !!!
    Peace
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm glad you chose to share your opinion!
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Favorite VH Album

balance
    Favorite VH Song

Finish What ya started
    Last Online

07.24.09 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, they say love is blind...and along that same line..so is the devotion the Daveaholics show to him....I think DLR could walk out on the stage and just hum the whole show..do his jack off bit and they would all say he kicked Sam's ass...theres no objectivity for them...if someone says Sam did better than Dave...its like a threat to their manhood or something....
    I saw the Gorge show in Washington...I also saw VH with DLR in Cincinnati Ohio back in 1983...
    The Dave I saw last Saturday night , although I thought he did pretty well compared to what I expected, was a shell of what I saw in '83 .
    He was stiff, lifeless, almost like he needed to gain confidence before he could move. He also forgot words, sang verses twice , came in late in several spots...and relied on some very old, very tired bits . Seeing Dave do his jack off bit is like hearing the same old joke for the 50th time, you kind of chuckle and then think...well..what else have you got...? I also saw the sam old Dave superiorority complex that probably got him kicked right out of a VH reunion. You can see it in his face...Dave soaks up adoration just like a sponge soaks up water . Remember a few years back when dave was with the boys in VH and they were recording, and it looked like he was back in...and then they did the MTV awards...and the crowd went nuts, and so did Dave...this was also the night that the reunion went out the door.
    I fear that DLR back in VH would be just like the show I saw last week...A VH nostlgia act...
    and thats all it would be.
    Sammy Hagar was entertaining , his voice is amazing, he's energetic, and I'm sick of hearing about what a downer Eagles fly is...its a hell of a song.
    I also wish Dave would have done more of his solo stuff. I loved his stuff from Eat em, and Skyscraper...Damn good is a great song, so is his Tobacco road cover . But it seems he's just trying to show the VH boys he's still capable of fronting them. Which, he is...barely.
    I would Love to see VH reborn with either guy, and would pay to see them either way. Personally I hope its Sammy, but who knows , it might be neither one of them, or it might be nothing at all. And if the latter is the case...I thank Dave and Sam for doing this show, and giving us all a taste of what we miss most of all.
    Thanks Guys !!!
    Peace
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    keVH

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Probably Fair Warning or Balance
    Favorite VH Song

HARD TO SAY!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lets just face it, guys. Dave re-joining Van Halen, or Sam re-joining Van Halen just wouldn't be the same anymore. It really couldn't be. Dave aint the same Dave, Sam aint quite the same Sam. Dave really isn't just the same great live performer anymore, but he knows he can get away with it. You still went to that concert, didnt you? Had I been able to get tickets to the Dallas show, I'd be there too. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] Time happens, the sun sets on everyone. I'd say for DLR it'd be around 6:00, and with Sam around 3:30, heh.
    ...and btw, shouldnt this be in the Sam and Dave review area? Or maybe you could just re-post it there...?
    Live well,<br />Work hard,<br />and ROCK ON!<br />~EvA~