Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.15.05 @ 06:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have joined the ranks that believe Van Halen will reunite with Dave by the end of 2001. However, I do not think Eddie and the boys will give much of an explanation as to why they did not update their fans on their developments. I still say these guys don't have a feel for how to keep their fans on their good side.

I would equate this to fan abuse. The people that pay their bills deserve to know what is the status of the band. "No news is good news" doesn't cut it.

Shame, Shame, Shame!!!

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Ok dude. It's going to be allright. Once they put out the new album and tour you'll forget all about the pain and suffering they put you through. And do I think they'll give an indepth explanation into why it took so long or why they didn't keep the fans updated? No. But smile. Mikey said that new stuff is coming out soon.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think saying we "deserve" some news is going too far, but it certainly would be a nice gesture for Van Halen to give us some kind of statement, even one that doesn't necessarily mention a singer.

And while it would be nice to hear their official take on all of the developments from why Gary left, when Dave was contacted, was Sammy contacted etc, I wouldn't expect too much there. I'm sure they'll probably remain pretty vague about all of these things.

I think that they're probably going to let the music do the talking, and let the specifics of this remain a debating point for the rest of us.

------------------
    More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It will be interesting to see how they answer all the press questions. I doubt they will get off the hook with no news is good news shit.

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,460 Times in 896 Posts

That's why a 'Behind the Music' is well needed from them. Of course, the show would have to be 2 hours to include all the crap that went/been going on. I do think that a lot of questions will be answered. It's the proper thing to do.

------------------
    May the Phoenix that is Van Halen rise again!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I wonder if we'll hear more things from all parties once the reunion(?) is official. I can see Gary give an interview here and maybe let something slip, then VH comments on it in a bigger fashion (Not in a negative sort of way...just kind of like "we can talk about it now" thing). I don't think it'd do any good for Sammy to say anything because, with all due respect, he doesn't have anything to do with this chapter in VH history. That's not being said in a mean or viscious way, just that this time around, it'll be VH with _______ on lead vocals and a possible "Gary's side of things".

I'd love to hear about what's going on and the whole bloomin' mess. I'm sure it WILL come out, but how soon is hard to imagine. Maybe the dam will break, Dave will leave/get fired and all hell breaks loose again. This time, though, he IS wearing a cup and pulls no punches.

------------------
    "Whenever we come to Milwaukee, we try and have a special surprise for you here and tonite we got a whole sh*tload of 'em for you and right now, we want to whip the first one at you here! Y'know, usually Ed doesn't sing this part of the song and when he does tonight for the first time, you'll find out why!"

-David Lee Roth, Milwaukee 1980

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

On the BTM front - if we ever get one of those on Van Halen, it won't happen until there's a new album out. BTM seems to like to focus on "stars" that have sordid pasts but put it all aside to take a bold new direction, just so they can have that uplifting end to the whole thing.

Realistically the Van Halen story would be something I'd like to start a new season off with.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I think saying we "deserve" some news is going too far, but it certainly would be a nice gesture for Van Halen to give us some kind of statement, even one that doesn't necessarily mention a singer.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on!

------------------
    Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:32 PM
    Liked 1,025 Times in 500 Posts

A BTM on Van Halen would be a great thing - one of the best ever! It would be pretty cool to see these guys get their props from older musicians who were blown away by VH, their peers and from musicians they have influenced.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VH wont explaine shit

------------------
    "There's a time and place for everything, for everyone. We can push with all our might but nothings gonna come, nothing gonna change."

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Well if they won't explain shit or not, one's gotta admit that a BTM would be cool. Probabaly won't ever see a VH BTM, but I'm still wishing for one. Out.