Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dislke ED?

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

is there anybody here besides me who thinks ED is a dickhead. i know that most people worship him here. this probably sounds wierd but i'm learning to play the guitar and ED is my favorite guitar player but i don't have any interest in playing like him. if you listen to the SAM era you can here that ED's guitar work is not that spectular. i'm always amazed at people who say ED and SAM got along. i wasn't there obvisiouly, but it seemed to go downhill after they made the 5150 album. SAM undestandably imo not wanting to do DAVE songs on tour. ED always says SAM was much older but he is about the same number of years older than GARY. i never understood that. i stated this in another thread and no one cared. if you listen to the rockline from HOUSTON(go ahead) and listen to when ED says that crap about he's in the "business of making music not the music business" to that girl who called in. listen to the other band members who are stunned and then start making fun of him. most bands go out and play or tour
    even if they don't have a record not VH. i know he was seen at his kid's school but he probably had to be there. so in closing as SAMMY keeps making records and touring(good or bad). GRAMPA EDDIE is probably sitting on the porch chewing tobacco telling neighborhood kids about the good old days. i hope WB drops them so maybe then old ED will relize that not everything he does is will be accepted. this is even more politically incorrect but why doesn't VAL PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP! if your not going to spill the beans about the situation then don't say anything.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Ed is a dickhead. I've only met him once, in passing, and he was sincerely friendly. I think you're just getting a little upset over the current situation (or lack thereof).

Now, I WILL say that the people that work for/with the band aren't nearly so nice. I understand that they have their jobs to do, but the band seems to surround themselves with some real assholes who take themselves far too seriously.

But I think you're just blaming the whole situation on Ed as a person, and I don't think that's fair. A lot of people disagree with some of his decisions, but I have to believe that he does what he honestly thinks/feels is best.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I guess since we allegedly know that EVH is not dying now, it's ok to start bad mouthing him again? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

He's human like the rest of us, he's bound to be in a bad mood from time to time and make a mistake or two.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well topik killer....If you come in here and call Eddie a dickhead you really are an idiot. Also to call him a Grampa Eddie is really lame.

Also for someone to maintain a marriage in today's society as long as Eddie and Val have been married i give my hat off to them [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I personally enjoy all the music in all the eras that Van Halen has played and can't wait till I met them again on tour.

In closing....VAN HALEN ROCKS FOREVER IN MY HEART [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I think Ed is a dickhead sometimes. But who isn't..?

[ May 12, 2001 at 07:13 AM: Message edited by: SwedishFly ]
    Roth In Peace

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i started this for discussion sake, so GINA ITALIANO according to the purposed SAM book.
    he cheated on her. i'll give VAL that she seems to have done more for him than he has done for her. that was my other point they won't tour because they are done.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Killer,

I am not bashing u.....everyone has their opinion [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But Van Halen will tour again and when they do I will be upfront on the front row....cheering them on.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Chow

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

Is Ed a dickhead?????? I'm not even going to bother responding to this post. Sorry topik.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Can\'t choose just one
    Favorite VH Song

see above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, nobody's perfect. Except for.... yeah, nobody's perfect.
    "These are not them, you've captured one of their stunt doubles"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Never met the man!

Seems like everybody in Van Halen (except maybe Mikey and Gary, and they surely aren't perfect either) has said and done things that could get them the "dickhead" label. Oh well, they owe me neither an explanation nor an apology.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm not bashing you either GINA. shifting gears here, what is the point in VH continuing?
    why does ED keeping letting DAVE in the band? some people you like some you don't. when i don't like someone i stay away from them. BRETT you said that VH didn't want to do a BTM, why is EDDIE afraid of the truth? is he afraid that two people who never met are going to say the same thing about him? and you notice that i keeping calling him ED or EDDIE or EDWARD that's because the guy can't even figure what he wants to be called. i wish would ED would take communication classes. to learn how to express what he wants. for example he built 5150 so he could gain control from DAVE and TED. then when ED LEFFLER dies they turn on SAM and get the one guy he did want.
    i don't think he ever told GARY he was in the band. imo if more people critized VH they would be force to come out of there shell and have the where-with-all to call it quits. i predicted one and done with DAVE and they couldn't do that. so i make a new prediction NO TOUR, NO ALBUM just a press release saying it is over. and GLENN i used to think MIKE was innocent but SAM and DAVE said he has no back bone and they were right. time for GARY,DAVE and SAM to get in the recording studio
    and show 'em how is done.

p.s. these have been my longest posts ever!!!!

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by topik killer:
    BRETT you said that VH didn't want to do a BTM, why is EDDIE afraid of the truth? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Who's to say that Eddie is the only reason that a VH BTM hasn't happened yet? Alex certainly seems guarded, like he'd be wary of opening himself up to the type of questions that would be asked in a BTM. Would you want to sit down and be interviewed (on camera) about your first wife, when you've already moved on to the next wife? Probably not, it's old news, and I really get the impression that that's how Eddie views the past.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>and you notice that i keeping calling him ED or EDDIE or EDWARD that's because the guy can't even figure what he wants to be called.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I hardly think the fact that Eddie just happens to have one of those names that can be shortened or lengthened (Ed, Eddie, Edward) indicates anything about him personally.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>and GLENN i used to think MIKE was innocent but SAM and DAVE said he has no back bone and they were right. [/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> There doesn't seem to me to be much doubt about that fact that Mikey isn't a heavyweight in the VH camp when it comes to decision making. And thank god for that. If Mikey had a rock star ego as big as the others, he would never have stuck around all this time, and the band would have been lesser without his contribution. And really, Mikey is just a mirror image of real life. Do we tell the boss to fuck off whenever we want? No, we all tow a line because that's real life.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great points Glenn! Oh and BTW what is the new sig from??
    I am awesome

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

alright GLENN what is there motivation for continuing? if you remember the DAVE fiasco
    BIG AL didn't say much, it was EDDIE. why do they keep letting DAVE in? i live in alternate
    universe so i would tell my boss to fuck off. i have never done that i just stop showing up.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    Glenn what is the new sig from??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It's from the song "Lemonade" by Blind Melon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Killer, your last post is kind of all over the place, so I'll split it up to give my opinions.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>alright GLENN what is there motivation for continuing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have no idea, I'm not sure anyone would know that but them. For that matter, I'm not even sure if they've decided for sure that they are continuing. But if they do, pride would certainly be an issue. Dave's fallen off the earth with his solo career lately and VH's last album was their poorest received album by far. Money would also be an issue. It would be hard to look the other way when someone backs the "100 Million Dollar" truck up to the house.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>if you remember the DAVE fiasco
    BIG AL didn't say much, it was EDDIE.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, I've got an interview on tape where Alex states that reuniting with Dave would be an insult to the fans, and then states that Sammy was lazy and didn't want to work. Like you said though, Eddie isn't a great communicator in a lot of ways, and I'm sure the press just loves that in these type of situations. They are much more likely to get a negative (and the press loves negative) sound bite from a guy like Eddie who isn't all that media savvy than from Alex, who seems more careful with his words.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>why do they keep letting DAVE in?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Beats me, but I do know that everytime they've worked with Dave, great music has come out of the collaboration, so obviously they are aware that they have a musical chemistry together.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>i live in alternate
    universe so i would tell my boss to fuck off. i have never done that i just stop showing up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Okay. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]