Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

OU812/Fuck
    Favorite VH Song

RIght Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay lets face it,....We would have never thought Van Halen would have reached the level is has right now,....but the sad fact remains that we have. I am personally a BIG TIME Sammy fan, but I will be the first to say that Dave is a showman himself,....They both have unique characteristics they bring to the stage. After getting bummed with the fact that VH hasnt released anything worth a damn in almost 7 years I started going back and looking at the interviews and story lines determining actually who is to blame for this whole fucking disaster.
    In looking at the Dave era, he felt he could do better as a solo artist in 1985 and left. He left on his own terms becuase he felt Van Halen had run it's course. Eddie then hooks up with Sammy and the "Red Rocker" is introduced as the new Lead singer of Van Halen. WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED BEFORE THE RELEASE OF 5150 WAS A DAVE ERA GREATEST HITS CD. This should have been realized by the VH camp becuase it was obvious that they were moving to a new era. Sammy then takes the controls and VH releases some VERY respectable material over the the next 9 years until the Disaster in 1996. They should have again released a duel Cd with one cd containing Dave Era songs with the other cd containing Sammy songs,,....this would have eased the tensions about who was going to get more songs or what
    Following that, the shit goes haywire and I honestly believe we as Van Halen fans have four people to blame for this whole friggin mess, and they are.

Ray Daniels
    Bruce Fairborn
    Warner Brothers
    And Miss Prissy Valerie Bertinelli

As many of us know, Eddie and Sammy still have a unreleased song titled "Between Us Two" and from what I gather, this was supposedly going to be the next BIG HIT. Well, good ol Bruce Fairborn wanted 1/3 of the rights to the song which infuriated Sammy and Eddy which was the beginning of the end for Van Halen. VH was then sucked into a contract with the Twister movie that was set by none other than Mr Ray Daniels. This was a bad choice cus these guys just got off a 8 month tour and we all remeber what kind of shape Ed and AL were in!!! This guy did very little after Ed Leffler passed away and was eventually fired by Van Halen, but he made is presense felt in a Big Way. Glen Ballard was brought in and tried to assist in the matter but the tensions were already established because Ray Daniels along with Warner Brothers already committed the band and they needed something to go with. This boiled over in frustration as Eddie didnt want to put a crappy song out(I dont Blame him) which led to the fact that Sammy was forced out of VH. I belive this was a plan in the works as Ray/Warner/Valerie brainwashed Eddie into thinking that a return to DAVE would be great. I alos belive that it was a great idea, but lets face it, DIAMOND DAVE is his own man and it showed in 1996 at the MTV awards along with his recording sessions in 2000. As this backfired, the VH management belived that a new young singer would attract a newer audience,.....well it did the opposite and VH3 should have been called,....EDDIE, EDDIE, and EDDIE......Okay no problem........

Here we are in 2002. Eddie is free from cancer and Diamond Dave and Sammy are on tour together,........What is next?

Well after watching Howard Stern I would have to say that Dave is LONG GONE. He was the pioneer of VH, but he has burned his bridges with Eddie and its over. In looking at Sammy, I forsee a re union with VH in the next 2-3 years and here are my reasons.

1) Eddie and Sammy fit like a Glove. Great Guitar with great Vocals
    2) Sammy is going to wear out his Waborita thing after maybe 1 or 2 more albums and he is going to get bored
    3) Eddie and Sammy will finally come to the realization that they were destroyed over pressure and heat of the moment actions. Mutual apologies will surface

As for the moment. Dave and Sammy will tour and go their separate ways. Eddie will release a Santana like album with a slew of big time musicians. Sammy and Mike will work on Planet US and maybe do a tour. Following all of that,...Sammy will make his return,......

,.......The Eagles did it
    ,.......Kiss did it
    ........ Van Halen will do it

And they should do it for the fans, becuase the fans are the ones that have gotten this far in their careers. Put differences aside Eddie and Sammy and work it out.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.28.12 @ 12:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting post,Cabo - I think VH were creating some pretty good music before Sam left and I would be happy with Sammy if Dave is not happening.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

You made some pretty interesting points in your post. All of that could have happened. I'm hoping we hear the truth from all parties involved someday. After what the fans have been put through, it would be the right thing to do.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

On Fire
    Last Online

10.28.09 @ 03:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You made great points. I prefer the Hagar era VH compared to the Roth era, but then again, if VH decides to have a reunion, I'd like BOTH singers to reunite. This reunion will bitchslap Kiss' reunion tour back in the 90's. I feel that both singers have run their course with VH, it's too bad that the third singer didn't work out. So a reunion will just be for one tour I hope, they need to go out in a bang, not a whimper.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yo CaboWabo55

This is the best post I've read for the last couple of days! Keep up the good work! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

See ya in Cabo?
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

You had me up until you blamed Val, dude.
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hecubus:
    You had me up until you blamed Val, dude.
    She has part in this BIG time!
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

But nothing bad besides that!

PEACE [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Why? Because she's married to the guy & said she preferred Dave-era VH?

Gimme a break. If that's enough to influence Ed in such a major business decision, he's lost. And why the hell hasn't he tried to keep working with Roth for Val's sake?

Doesn't add up.
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

05.12.17 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

As for the moment. Dave and Sammy will tour and go their separate ways. Eddie will release a Santana like album with a slew of big time musicians. Sammy and Mike will work on Planet US and maybe do a tour. Following all of that,...Sammy will make his return,......

,.......The Eagles did it
    ,.......Kiss did it
    ........ Van Halen will do it

And they should do it for the fans, becuase the fans are the ones that have gotten this far in their careers. Put differences aside Eddie and Sammy and work it out.
    [B]I would be happy to hear Sammy with VH if it cant happen with DLR.Hell I'd be happy to hear this supposed "Santana esque'Cd right freakin now.I just wanna hear some guitar playin EVH style.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you know how you can tell the difference between REAL van halen fans and Van Hagar fans??? the Van Hagar fans always talk about the great vocals...........cause that's all that brand of VH had.

the REAL Van Halen fans know that the classic music that roth did with them didn't have one thing to do with the damn quality of the vocals but something much bigger and more intangible. it was an attitude, an act, a style, a sound. If the song Beautiful Girls had be sung by Hagar, it would have be popular amongst the gay population of LA and that's it. Roth's sassy approach and style made the song what it was. the same exact tools roth provided made Van Halen what it was - and could be again as evidenced by Me Wise Magic!!!

if sammy keeps going like he is, we're gonna see a tour very shortly named "the Four teners" great voice, great big bellies!!
    TX7081040

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

OU812/Fuck
    Favorite VH Song

RIght Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey TX,
    Hey now, Relax big man. We are in no way bashing Dave in this topic. Im simplly stating that Sammy and breakup back in 1996 had many external elements that played in. Thats it.
    Another thing Im getting soooooooooooooo tired of the fact that the music was so much better in the Dave Era. I music in the Dave Era kicked ASS and eddie came up with some bad ass fucking rifts and solos. Awesome STuff. The thing people fail to realize that that was when we were dealing with what could be labeled as the Guitar Era of music. As the 1980's roll around, Synthsizers(?) were first introduced and it seem like ever band was using one to offer a new and different sound. To add thsi new element, Eddie incorporated this into the music and I personally think it was a awesome decision. When the 90's rolled around , the piano being mic'd seemed like the thing to do as they release(RIght Now and Not Enough) so its not a matter of what was a better style music, but more so just a phase that the band was going through. As in the all, The Dave Era guitar licks are some straight up bad ass licks, but the Van Hagar albums offer many more element to the music that werent on some of the earlier albums. FInally, people argue about how Sammy sings too many Power Ballads. Here is the question,.....Do u think ur girl's or ANY girl's panties will get wetter with a sog like "Outta Love" or "When it's Love".

ANOTHER DREAM GOES UP IN SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Great post Cabo! I'm just concerned that Sammy's getting pretty old and he is very wealthy and might not want to do te reunion in a year or two.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

I think VH will play with both Sammy and Dave again in the future. Maybe at the R&R Hall of Fame. Or maybe just for fun.

But these guys are getting old, and we really don't have enough information to predict the future. A big piece of the puzzle is how, what VH does next turns out.
    Better use it up before it gets old!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did anybody stop to think that there is a very good chance that Eddie would be dead today without Val? That woman has gone through so much with Eddie and she has remained by his side...
    "Running the ball is like making romance..."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Walter Payton #34:
    That woman has gone through so much with Eddie and she has remained by his side...
    Maybe. Maybe not if you believe the rumors that they've been privately divorced.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]