Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

If you have seen the Dave and Sammy show lately, and you have put attention to Mike Anthony, you can tell he is really happy touring with Sam, then the odds are in favor of Sammy joining VH sometime soon.
    If you go and check out Mikeys web site you'll see pics of this shows, the guy is having the time of his life, in every pic he and Sam look very good.
    And Sammy is telling he wants his friends back in every interview he does, then it is a matter of time for this moment to come true.
    It's a shame things haven't work out with Diamond Dave, they tried 3 times and it didn't work, what a shame (I really wish they at least had made a tour with him), but if the Red Rocker is the option, then let the good times roll.
    VH and Sam made very good music.
    We need the energy, the vibe they gave us, even though it will be a Van Hagar reunion, it will please me.
    And music is what I really need, VH music.
    TIME WILL TELL.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I just watched the LIVE: RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW video this morning for the first time in something like five years. Unfortunately, I only got five songs into it. In the middle of IN 'N' OUT, I turned my DVD player off and walked away in disgust. I just can't stand the thought of him coming back. His leaving was my favorite day in VH history in years.

If he comes back, I think I truly will be a Van Halen fan only for history, not the present-day. I'd even rather have a new Gary album than a new Sammy album. I've just been realizing over the past while how much I can't stand the guy.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rikk:
    You know, I just watched the LIVE: RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW video this morning for the first time in something like five years. Unfortunately, I only got five songs into it. In the middle of IN 'N' OUT, I turned my DVD player off and walked away in disgust. I just can't stand the thought of him coming back. His leaving was my favorite day in VH history in years.

If he comes back, I think I truly will be a Van Halen fan only for history, not the present-day. I'd even rather have a new Gary album than a new Sammy album. I've just been realizing over the past while how much I can't stand the guy.
    I agree, I do not want another album with sammy. IF he rejoins then I will just wait for a new Dave solo album. Now I liked the Van Hagar stuff, but it is not going to get me excited, instead it will dissapoint me because its not with Dave.
    Lets Hope VH gets some Sensible Shoes that lead them back to Dave.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

There is nothing that would make me happier than seeing Sammy back with Van Halen!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

> His leaving was my favorite day in VH history in years.

can't say that it was my favorite day, but it was like ... well maybe the first breakup wasn't only bcoz of DLR.

by now, it really doesn't matter who they get back in ... it will be a nostalgia act anyway, regardless of who's the singer, even if it's a 17 year old brandnew talent.

cheers,

SToRM
    dave, we'd like to go upstairs, the two of us, with you ...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree, The day Sammy left was one of my happiest Van Halen moments.
    This guy is a joke live, his commerical rock sucks, bring back Roth and the raw energy...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by punk5150:
    I agree, The day Sammy left was one of my happiest Van Halen moments.
    This guy is a joke live, his commerical rock sucks, bring back Roth and the raw energy...
    Amen! If I have to turn on my radio and hear one more song like MAN ON A MISSION (not that I ever hear that crap on a radio station, anyway), CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU (not really on the radio much anymore, thank God) or LOVE WALKS IN...well then, I will simply ignore Van Halen and enjoy what other bands have to offer: intelligence.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When Sam left I was like, "Hoo Fucking Ray!!!!! Now maybe the REAL lead singer of VH, DLR, will come back", and he did, but then we the fans were hoodwinked into believing Dave was back in the band, and we got screwed...or as Davey of Davey and Goliath fame says, "We got hosed"...

Sammy back in VH???? ugghhh the last VH album I bought was 5150, if Sam or anyone else except Dave comes into the singer position then 5150 will still be my last VH purchase...

Sammy Hagar back in VH will be the biggest let down in Rock N Roll History...

[ August 24, 2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

May I add to the pro-Rothian festivities?? Seems like an unlikely place...in a Sammy is coming back thread. But hey, He and Eddie Van Heinekin wrote some of the most cheesiest stuff I had heard in years. When Roth showed up with Halen in 1996 on MTV, I was stoked and then very quickly disappointed with Eddie and Al. AL even said you cannot fool the fans and they want this. Then they go and hire Barry Chabone. Talk about the mother of all rip offs in history!! But hey, if Sammy comes back, maybe Ed will keep the cheese factor to a minimum. I am sure he knows how much we all hate it!!
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

03.03.11 @ 01:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to see Sam return, but not full time, I am just as interested in his solo and other projects as I would be a VH reunion, plus I think Dave needs the gig more
    It's good to be the King or at least know him.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm gonna stand up for Sammy here. David Lee Roth and VH would make nothing new. DLR is still stuck in the 80s--unless he's willing to change that, a reunion will not happen, because EVH, AVH and MA don't want the band to turn into a nostalgia band. Sammy might be a bit better as far as music goes. Sammy sings with emotion--for all you Roth enthusiasts, Emotion is just as much a part of VH as party and wild rock 'n roll. Sammy had his good rocking tunes--Poundcake, 5150, Summer Nights, Runaround, Top of the World, Finish What Ya Started--those are all kick-ass songs.

I like DLR, but unless he can drop the 80s gig, he will never be back in Van Halen, and will go down in history as a man who couldn't move past the 80s.

I really don't care which it is, but I've liked Sammy's solo stuff way more(let the cursing begin--Mas Tequila, One Way To Rock kick some serious butt), so I'd have to say I'd prefer Sammy/VH to a nostalgia trip any day.

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 5150 Mean St:
    I'm gonna stand up for Sammy here. David Lee Roth and VH would make nothing new. DLR is still stuck in the 80s--unless he's willing to change that, a reunion will not happen, because EVH, AVH and MA don't want the band to turn into a nostalgia band. Sammy might be a bit better as far as music goes. Sammy sings with emotion--for all you Roth enthusiasts, Emotion is just as much a part of VH as party and wild rock 'n roll. Sammy had his good rocking tunes--Poundcake, 5150, Summer Nights, Runaround, Top of the World, Finish What Ya Started--those are all kick-ass songs.

I like DLR, but unless he can drop the 80s gig, he will never be back in Van Halen, and will go down in history as a man who couldn't move past the 80s.

I really don't care which it is, but I've liked Sammy's solo stuff way more(let the cursing begin--Mas Tequila, One Way To Rock kick some serious butt), so I'd have to say I'd prefer Sammy/VH to a nostalgia trip any day.

~5150~
    I disagree. Sammy wrote the same song over and over again when he was with Van Halen. If ME WISE MAGIC and CAN'T GET THIS STUFF NO MORE aren't new, I don't know what is.

As for the kick-ass songs you listed, I only like two of them, and really would not put on any of them except SUMMER NIGHT voluntarily much any more.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

It will be a great day when Sammy comes back. As great as VH was w/ Roth (AND I MEAN GREAT), Sammy brings much more to the table with his superior singing and song-writing. Roth has nothing to offer other than dancing around like a fucking jack-ass. I saw the show in Tampa. Dave was good, but the energy, fun and friendship VH shared w/ Sammy was undeniable. They had fun on stage because they liked each other. It was work w/ Roth b/c he is so different from the other guys, not to mention their disgust for his antics. As Dave put it, "I am the party." That's exactly why he shouldn't be in the band. His arrogance compiled with his inability to remember lyrics fans pay hard earned money to see will not be missed. His "Party" is over after the current tour, THANK GOD!!!
    Can't wait to see the four of 'em back on stage again tearing the roofs off of venues. Hurry home Sammy!!!
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Boy the rothbots get pissy when it looks like their guy might not get the gig. I guess I can understand and sympathize with their plight, though. But, I do wish they would shelve the "cheesy" argument with regard to Sam, though. Have you guys forgotten Diver Down? Perhaps 'Just a Gigelo' has also faded from your memories. It's fine that you guys don't like Sam but what gets me is how you guys overlook everything questionable about Dave and exhault his every move to epic status.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sean:
    Boy the rothbots get pissy when it looks like their guy might not get the gig. I guess I can understand and sympathize with their plight, though. But, I do wish they would shelve the "cheesy" argument with regard to Sam, though. Have you guys forgotten Diver Down? Perhaps 'Just a Gigelo' has also faded from your memories. It's fine that you guys don't like Sam but what gets me is how you guys overlook everything questionable about Dave and exhault his every move to epic status.
    How the hell does arguing that Sam is cheesy and unintelligent mean that we are denying that Dave has never done anything cheesy? Funny, I haven't read one such argument here.

Again, a Sam fan can only bite back with comments that Dave-fans overlook Dave's faults. Hell no. I just like singers in bands like Van Halen to have an IQ higher than 100.