Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let me preface this saying I am a huge VH fan! Not trying to be negative but I'm frustrated....no more - no less!
    Anyway,with the releases and upcoming tours of Aerosmith, U2 and the Oz Fest there is plenty of new music and concerts for my spending dollars!!!! I'm really not even caring who the hell the damn singer anymore.I'm not caring if they ever release another album. I have other music to keep my rock and roll interest.
    Here is my speculation on the frigging delay... Its obvious Dae is the singer- it is the worst kept secret in the entertainment biz. The are not going to make the announcement until an album is done. This is their way of covering their ass. Instead of coming out and saying Dave is the man and HAVING TO MAKE IT WORK ...they choose to do it this way and bail out if they can't get along. Make a commiment just like your fans have for all these years of turmoil and bullshit will you!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. I expanded my music library and stopped listeneing to van halen for awhile. Iam suprised its taking them this long and Iam losing some interest.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edward Van Halen:
    I agree. I expanded my music library and stopped listeneing to van halen for awhile. Iam suprised its taking them this long and Iam losing some interest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. I've started listening to different groups during the wait. In a way it is new music because I've never heard it before, although it could be 20-30 years old.

------------------
    "It ain't gonna change overnight, no. And it ain't goin' away without a fight. Yeah! Livin' with the aftershock."

"When I need something to soothe my soul, I listen to too much rock 'n' roll."

Dan Halen - My site

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am losing interest too. I used to only visit the VH Main forum but I've found myself spending most of my time at Non-Music recently. I think that's a fitting indication that I am sick of all the shit rumours and lack of real info.

------------------
    RD

"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm frustrated by the long wait....But what am I gonna do....? I am addicted to Van Halen.

For me to STOP listening to VH, would be liek trying to stop drinking water...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep , it's been old a long time ago . VH is fucking around way too much . This cd should have been done and released already with a tour starting in May . I'm afraid the cd won't have the "thud" it should have because these guys are fretting over every sound as I post this this . VH 1 was recorded in 2 weeks and it is one of the greatest albums of all time . C'mon guys , give it a break and release it .

------------------
    GO PACKERS !!!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diggyd:
    VH 1 was recorded in 2 weeks and it is one of the greatest albums of all time .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not making excuses for them, but that album was recorded after practicing and playing those songs for years. They didn't have to write, rehearse, and record those songs in that short time. All they had to do was record them. This situation is a bit different than that.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I agree with MikeL; almost no veteran band makes an album quickly anymore. Not to mention, while it's correct that the first Van Halen album was recorded quickly, that was almost surely not VH's decision; the record company isn't going to let any band run up studio time and costs on their first album.

I've been listening to other groups while we wait for VH, and that's a good thing. VH is the best, but I like to hear other stuff too.

------------------
    www.vhlinks.com

I don't know what's gonna happen in the future-maybe somebody else in the band will get ego'ed out and quit or something - Eddie Van Halen 1980

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike L and Glenn... where I was going with my post was this... Everyone praises what they did with Roth . With Roth they put out 6 in a row every year . Some say that was the best music they ever did .They weren't playing the material from all six of their records with Dave in clubs . Maybe most of VH 1 and 2 but that was it for the most part . I realize through the years that family takes away some time which it should but when they hooked up with Sammy , things slowed way down .In between OU812 and FUCK were 3 years. In between FUCK and Balance were 4 years . I don't count RHRN in 1993 because that music was already done . In between Balance and 3 were again 3 years . I'm not including the Best Of because all but two songs were on previous records . Now we have to wait again for who knows how long . Most people who post around here also feel that what they did with Sammy will never measure up to what they did with Dave . Plus it took them longer to record . I can understand waiting 2 years but 3 and 4...c'mon . We are working on 3 years again . VH is my favorite band and will always be but sometimes they need a fire under their ass to get them going . I think most people around here will agree with me that it's been taking way too long .

------------------
    GO PACKERS !!!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I hear you diggyd.

The thing is, I find that people tend to blame the length of time between albums on either Sammy or domesticity. But Dave (who was obviously a huge part of those first six VH albums, and who isn't the family type) put out albums at almost the exact same pace as VH after he left them.

Of course, I'm off topic again. I agree that it seems to be taking way too long. I just think we have to be aware that they had to get rid of Ray Daniells, get reaquanted with Dave, and most important of all, Eddie had some type of cancer scare last year. All of that stuff adds up to taking a long time to put this project together. I'm like you, I've gotten to the point where I wish they'd get it done and get the show on the road. But I'm trying to pace myself, because I think we're going to be lucky if we hear anything by fall, unfortunately. I came into 2001 thinking for sure that we'd know something by February or March, but now that's quickly slipping away. I've been diving back into my bootlegs to get my VH fix.

------------------
    www.vhlinks.com

I don't know what's gonna happen in the future-maybe somebody else in the band will get ego'ed out and quit or something - Eddie Van Halen 1980

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think they're doing this for the fun of it. That might seem naive or optimistic, but I think it fits the situation.

Those guys don't need the money, and they've all learned that fame is fleeting. I think this is becoming more of a hobby for them than a job. In other words, they do things at a pace that is fun, and as stress-free as possible.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

I agree that it takes quite a bit of time to make and put out an album after all these years, but how about throwing us a bone, even a short press release saying: "yes we are back together, and as soon as we can get an album out, we will, thanks for your patience" something like that would keep everyone at least a little bit interested, but this silence is getting to be bullshit, thank god Sammy put something out this year so we have some VH family new music.

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics

I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, this all goes back to the comments I made in a different thread recently. It's a matter of momentum.

When a young artist gets a hit record, they tend to push another one out in a year just because they want to stay in the public eye. Hit singles breed more hit singles because people get excited about hearing what's next.

Now, I think we can all agree Van Halen has about nothing going for them in the momentum category. BUT... interest in a "new" lead singer with a new single can push things. Without You did far and above better than the rest of the album. Why? People wanted to know just who this new singer was.

So, really, Van Halen has no real reason to rush. They have no momentum going into the studio, and what interest they get before the album is released will be based on excitement over a singer announcement.

------------------
    Sky turning black, knuckles turning white, headed for the suck zone...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm not losing interest and I'm not sure if I ever will...

I do TOTALLY agree w YankeeRose that Sammy's new album has been great...at least something coming from the VH family...

------------------
    "Van Halen fans been hangin' in there for a long time...they're probably the best fans in the world..."-Sammy

"Forget all about that macho shit and learn how to play guitar"-Mellencamp

The Sacramento Kings...There is no substitute!!!