Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are a lot of signs out there for a VH re-union with Sammy or Sammy and Dave.

1. Sammy rushes his new CD with almost no promotion and no tour.

2. Sammy goes on Rockline and NO VH questions.

3. Planet US is suddenly put on the back burner.

4. Sammy states in several interviews that the VH thing will happen and he thinks Dave should be along.

5. Michael Anthony states in several interviews that it would be great to have one or both singers (sorry Gary) back.

6. SAmmy's manager hints at Sammy and VH.

7 VH has no record company or manager to fuck things up.

I think the some of the things holding this up are:

1. Eddie and Alex do not want Dave in.

2. Sammy may want to only do it with Dave (No Joke, Sammy knows how big the full blown VH would be and he is no longer hung up on comparing Van Hagar with Classic VH after he got 90% of the good reviews on the Sam and Dave tour), Sammy will also look like the hero that got Dave back in VH.

3. Dave does not want to do it with Sammy.

4. Dave has to agree to strict control over from Eddie, regarding almost every detail including the way Dave dressed on the Sam and Dave tour.

4. Ed's health

5. Ed's divorce.

If they can't work it out with Dave, Sammy may do it and cover every classic Dave song.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

Originally posted by aajonny:
    There are a lot of signs out there for a VH re-union with Sammy or Sammy and Dave.

1. Sammy rushes his new CD with almost no promotion and no tour.

2. Sammy goes on Rockline and NO VH questions.

3. Planet US is suddenly put on the back burner.

4. Sammy states in several interviews that the VH thing will happen and he thinks Dave should be along.

5. Michael Anthony states in several interviews that it would be great to have one or both singers (sorry Gary) back.

6. SAmmy's manager hints at Sammy and VH.

7 VH has no record company or manager to fuck things up.

I think the some of the things holding this up are:

1. Eddie and Alex do not want Dave in.

2. Sammy may want to only do it with Dave (No Joke, Sammy knows how big the full blown VH would be and he is no longer hung up on comparing Van Hagar with Classic VH after he got 90% of the good reviews on the Sam and Dave tour), Sammy will also look like the hero that got Dave back in VH.

3. Dave does not want to do it with Sammy.

4. Dave has to agree to strict control over from Eddie, regarding almost every detail including the way Dave dressed on the Sam and Dave tour.

4. Ed's health

5. Ed's divorce.

If they can't work it out with Dave, Sammy may do it and cover every classic Dave song.
    they could probably all be signs that there won't be a reunion either

at this point, who knows...who knows

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

aajonny, how 'bout a little more feedback?
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YES............please, bring on the love songs! i cant wait for sammy to re-join VH. they were so heavy and hard rocking with sammy than the original VH. there is no comparison.

give me a break, sammy is fat, sings gay love songs and doesnt have the voice of a rocker. sammy is only in it for the money. hes a back stabber and everyone knows it. if ed let j=him back i would be floored.

i dont know what show you were watching but I think dave sounded better than he ever has in past years. the carson shows he has his scream back that he lost and didnt have since he started back out touring. he hadnt sang in a while and needed to get back in shape. dave on the carson show did many ol' type DLR screams and proves he still has it. he just needs to take better care of his voice and lay off the junk!

when dave and VH do perform together you will see how the chemistry comes together. unless ed denies his feelings just in spite.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Originally posted by TomDaBombb:
    I recently saw the Sam and Dave tour. I was very excited to get back to some live Van Halen music. Though I totally expected it to be sub par without Ed and Alex. Anyway, I have always loved both versions of Van Halen but tended to lean more towards Dave than Sammy. Until this concert. At this (Tweeter Center, Mass.)show the set order was Sammy first and Dave second. Sammy did lots of songs from his Van Halen days. But he also did a good number of his solo hits from before and after his Van Halen days. His set rocked!!! Michael Anthony came out and played bass most of the set. Sammy told a great story about how he and Eddie used to write songs together and how Ed would wake him up in the middle of the night with ideas. It was great. It made me miss Van Halen so much. At the end of the set he thanked Dave for joining him on tour and then he brought out Gary Cherone!!!! How classy is that? (Gary helped sing a Sammy Halen song).
    I was blown away. (sidenote Gary is a great lead singer who would have been great if given more than one album's try.)
    Dave's show was the complete opposite. 2 songs into the set he started talking shit about Sammy and how the tour sucks. A few songs later he referred to Eddie as Mr. Bertinelli, this being like 2 weeks after their divorce went public. A few songs later he referred to Sammy as his opening act, to a crowd full of boos. Which pissed him off. I couldn't belive how disrespectful Dave was. I know he has always had an ego problem. But it was on high this night. I was very let down. And Dave did all old Van Halen tunes, except one DLR song, Yankee Rose. And honestly, he sounded awful singing and looked horrible too. His wig, hair weave, or whatever it is was honestly half hanging off his head. He kept trying to do jumps and kicks and looked stupid.
    I used defend Dave up and down all these years. But I got to say, Sammy was the classier and more entertaining act. Dave should have opened for him.
    I wanted to share that with all of you Van Halen fans. I think a reunion tour with Dave would sell tickets, but that's about it. I think all of us holding on to the memories of old Van Halen need to move on. It's over. I think a reunion and new album of new music with Sammy Hagar would be a lot more successful and entertaining. But no matter what they do, or who they do it with, it will never be the Van Halen we grew up with.
    Great post! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I was a HUGE VH fan before Sammy joined the band, then I became a GIGANTIC fan.
    I was at the same show you were and even thought I wasn't expecting much either from both men, Sammy blew me away while Dave was like a little painful to watch. I kind of felt sorry for the guy.
    He tries too hard to be the 1984 Dave instead of being a man that is now in his later 40's.
    I didn't see Sammy jumping off risers anymore, like he did on the 5150/OU812 tours. He seems to have excepted his age and stays within himself.

I would love to see a Sam/Dave/VH tour, but I just don't think it would last. I could see Eddie and Sammy becoming great friends again and that would make Dave so friggin' jealous and it wouldn't be pretty to see. Too much potential tension there.

Its gotyta be one or the other, and after seeing Dave this summer and hearing his Ed bashing, it can only be Sammy or singer #4.

I also think that Sammy is finally secure enough to sing more Dave era songs after hearing the majority of the fan's responses from the tour.

My ultimate Sam/VH set list:
    Runaround
    Romeo Delight
    Without You
    Black & Blue
    Dance the night Away
    new song
    new song
    Somebody get me a Doctor (Mike singing lead and a little change with Sammy adding additional guitars)
    One Way To Rock
    Love Walks In
    Mean Street
    Drum solo
    Pretty Woman
    Finish What Ya Started
    new song
    Mas Tequila
    Dreams
    Women In Love
    Feelin'
    Guitar Solo
    Really Got me
    Panama
    new song
    Right Now

*encore*
    Jump
    Summer Nights
    Unchained
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Dave- VH1 Sammy-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dave-Unchained Sammy-Can\'t Stop Loving You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently saw the Sam and Dave tour. I was very excited to get back to some live Van Halen music. Though I totally expected it to be sub par without Ed and Alex. Anyway, I have always loved both versions of Van Halen but tended to lean more towards Dave than Sammy. Until this concert. At this (Tweeter Center, Mass.)show the set order was Sammy first and Dave second. Sammy did lots of songs from his Van Halen days. But he also did a good number of his solo hits from before and after his Van Halen days. His set rocked!!! Michael Anthony came out and played bass most of the set. Sammy told a great story about how he and Eddie used to write songs together and how Ed would wake him up in the middle of the night with ideas. It was great. It made me miss Van Halen so much. At the end of the set he thanked Dave for joining him on tour and then he brought out Gary Cherone!!!! How classy is that? (Gary helped sing a Sammy Halen song).
    I was blown away. (sidenote Gary is a great lead singer who would have been great if given more than one album's try.)
    Dave's show was the complete opposite. 2 songs into the set he started talking shit about Sammy and how the tour sucks. A few songs later he referred to Eddie as Mr. Bertinelli, this being like 2 weeks after their divorce went public. A few songs later he referred to Sammy as his opening act, to a crowd full of boos. Which pissed him off. I couldn't belive how disrespectful Dave was. I know he has always had an ego problem. But it was on high this night. I was very let down. And Dave did all old Van Halen tunes, except one DLR song, Yankee Rose. And honestly, he sounded awful singing and looked horrible too. His wig, hair weave, or whatever it is was honestly half hanging off his head. He kept trying to do jumps and kicks and looked stupid.
    I used defend Dave up and down all these years. But I got to say, Sammy was the classier and more entertaining act. Dave should have opened for him.
    I wanted to share that with all of you Van Halen fans. I think a reunion tour with Dave would sell tickets, but that's about it. I think all of us holding on to the memories of old Van Halen need to move on. It's over. I think a reunion and new album of new music with Sammy Hagar would be a lot more successful and entertaining. But no matter what they do, or who they do it with, it will never be the Van Halen we grew up with.
    -- TomDaBombb<br /><a href="http://www.tomdabombb.com" target="_blank">www.tomdabombb.com</a><br /><a href="http://www.80sHairBandRadio.com" target="_blank">www.80sHairBandRadio.com</a>

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

I'm sorry to say this guys, but whenever i ask someone about Van Halen they remember a heavy metal that eventually turned into a 90's version of Journey. I'm 18 I know it, i'm young and i can see whats cool, unlike you old fogies but only a new cool lead singer, or Dave would work, or or if they brought back Sammy and became super heavy. Like Humans Being throughout the album. Only then will it work.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Give me a bottle of anything, and a glazed donut, TO GO! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They would be better off retiring to tell you the truth. I think Ed doesn't really like either guy. If he did, don't you think he would have called Sam or Dave in the last 2 years?

Why is there this persistent feeling that Dave screwed up the '96 reunion? It's been documented that Ed and Al were behind that sham all the way, with Dave being a tool to sell albums. Gary was backstage at the MTVs waiting for his moment. I also blame Ed and Al for booting Hagar. They probably helped Gary out the door by putting unnecessary demands on his voice. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Brian
    "Existence is meaningless and life is absurd, so wipe that smile off your face."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by bru77:

i dont know what show you were watching but I think dave sounded better than he ever has in past years. the carson shows he has his scream back that he lost and didnt have since he started back out touring. he hadnt sang in a while and needed to get back in shape. dave on the carson show did many ol' type DLR screams and proves he still has it. he just needs to take better care of his voice and lay off the junk!

I would hope that your consideration of having DLR rejoin Van Halen would be based on more than a "ol' type DLR scream"

Next folks are going to say that DLR should join Van Halen because he can "kick real good"

Some things are better left for memories. After seeing DLR twice this past summer I was reminded how brillant yet cheesy Dave could be.

Many folks cheered Dave.....beer in one hand......cigarette in other hand.

The clip from the CD show was pretty much the same thing you got from the tour. Great rock tunes....best frontman ever in rock and roll....great tight cover band that knows Van Halen riffs and fills better than Van Halen themselves.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by vanhalendlrband:
    or if they brought back Sammy and became super heavy.
    Only problem with that is the record label would be certain to pick the one or two softer songs on the album to be the singles, leaving the impression the album is "wussy."
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If anyone actually thinks a reunion with Hagar will sell more albums and concert tickets, you must be on dope.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I'm sorry to say this guys, but whenever i ask someone about Van Halen they remember a heavy metal that eventually turned into a 90's version of Journey. I'm 18 I know it, i'm young and i can see whats cool, unlike you old fogies but only a new cool lead singer, or Dave would work, or or if they brought back Sammy and became super heavy. Like Humans Being throughout the album. Only then will it work.
    Yes, Humans Being is the only Van Hagar song that measures up to Van Halen. Even the new Bon Jovi rocks harder than Van Hagar.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old fogies huh? I'm 19 and I see what's cool. That's the only way, the way with Sammy! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Jesus, here we go again.....
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!