Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Just curious about the role of the late Ed Lefler.

I just read a response from Stuff No More and he said something about how Ed L could help let the steam out when things got heated. I don't doubt this at all. In fact I've heard a lot of good things about how Ed L. handled the band. My question is does anyone know the extent of Ed's relationship with the band and what he did to help people see eye to eye?
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Seems Leffler stepped in and made life wonderful for the band with Sammy.

They (Sammy and Vh Bros.) were pretty much lost without a good manager to be the mediator.

This is why, I think, right now, they dont have any managment and are trying to find one. Daniels was a mess, that did not work.

Good Luck boys !!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know a whole hell of alot about Ed L. I know he and Sam were very, very close.
    If Ed had never died Sam and Ed would still be the best of friends and Van Halen would still be the best band in the world-not the afterthought that they have become.

Al Hagar

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Normally I don't have anything bad to say about Sam. However, I did notice something disturbing in one of those interviews.

In no less than 10 lines, he contradicts himself in a HUGE way.

He states something to the effect that "I want the fans to know I would have never quit this band."

2 questions later, when asked if he thought he'd still be in the band, he said "oh no way...I'd have quit already."

I'm a big Sammy fan (a big DLR fan, too) but I think our guys get themselves into trouble with all of us when they don't keep their thoughts straight. They ought to know by now we'll find 'em out! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No worse a contradiction than Ed has made in the past.

Basically it seems like Van Halen needs a manager behind them that is capable of understanding the emotions and moods of the band at the time and does whatever he can to make sure they all stay cool. I have no doubt that Danniels is a master at reading people - he just uses that knowledge to better his standing, not the band's. How else would he have totally won over the Van Halens AND managed to weasel his way into a cut of the old albums?
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think what Sam is getting at is that if VH had remained as it was he would have never quit but with all the changes that were going on and if things would have continued to deteriorate he would have quit.

Al Hagar

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Guys...hang on a minute.

I know my last reply above may appear to be "Sam-bashing" but it was not intended to be that way. In fact, the reason I posted those remarks is that I am sick of all the bashing going on around here, especially when it comes to Sammy. I pointed that out because it's unfortunate that Sam sometimes says stuff that some of the more "vociferous" opponents will take that comment and scream bloody murder.

I do agree with what you were saying though, Al. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:19 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Ed L. and Sammy had a 1-2 lock on all of the business ventures of VH. I'd bet that it was all hunky-dory that way until FUCK - by then Ed, Al and Mike were so deep up to their assholes and elbows in it they couldn't make a change even if they had wanted to...

But hey, I wasn't there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] What do I know?