Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    It ain't easy livin' in a Sammy town, y'all. The local paper ran an article about Dave that said said CFTH was released in '95 and it said that Skyscraper and ALAE flopped(WTF? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] ) Haven't those two classic records sold millions? And the local rock station--one of the chick dj's claimed that Dave hated St. Louie and told the Gateway to the West to fuck off when he opened for Bad Co. in '99. Wrong. He told Sammy to fuck off during ATBL. An' the radio station was playin' dorky Spammy plugs and then the worst Van Hagar and Sammy solo tunes. Tryin' to pump up for the sho here y'all--they played some heavy shit eventually, but why would you play I'll Wait(ain't no Herbie Hancock sound needed nah)?

Nah Sammy is claiming he hasn't opened up for anyone since '76--I got two words forya Sambo--BON FUCKING JOVI!!!!!! London, 1995!!!!!! Sam needs to drop Runaround, One way n 55(No Eddie, No Good),TOTW,WCTBL(was sick of this by '95), Eagles(tired), an' Dreams. More of the heavy Van Hagar jive, more Zep n Stones covers, more blues jams, more 'Trose, an' less Sammy solo. I listened to Sammy n Sweaty Teddy jammin' on Wild Thing--that was pretty cool!!!! Wish Sambo would've opened up with Rock n Roll in St. Louie.

And then Sharona--who was the chump who called in to Stern and chastised Dave for sayin' that Gary was off doin' the vagina monologues? Gimme a god damn break!! What a douche bag! But Dave summed up the whole Cherone debacle very well--WHO CARES?!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

sho nuff wuz some random thoughts yez yez [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

01.12.12 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<yawn>

Same old tired BS.... [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Van Halen is as Van Halen does, momma used to say.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How can a Van Halen not be a fan of Diamond Dave's No Holds Bar-B-Que? Especially with all the acoustic jams, a lil' ZZ Top, and all the beautiful girls and midgets and JD?? I guess Brat Walsh didn't leave the DLR Band on good terms--dude's face is blotched out like ta ta-s on Stern. Ahhh well, Brian Young is the heavyweight kinda axeman Roth needs in his posse!!!!!! His tones cuts like barbwire yez yez yezz!!!

Am I the only one that thinks Let Sally Drive is a cheap ATBL/Mustang Sally imitation? At least he's not playin',"Marching To Mars!"

Lots o' Redheads at the show--I saw a lotta mullets,'staches, an' wife-beaters...the Roth fans were tha cool motherfuckers all hell YEAH!!!

GET FUCKED MR. BLAQUE!!!!!! [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    And then Sharona--who was the chump who called in to Stern and chastised Dave for sayin' that Gary was off doin' the vagina monologues? Gimme a god damn break!! What a douche bag! But Dave summed up the whole Cherone debacle very well--WHO CARES?!!
    DLR's comment about Cherone, who seems to be a nice enough guy, doing "The Vagina Monologues" was complete bullshit. I'm no big fan of Cherone or his stint as VH's lead singer but what the fuck did he do to deserve that comment from DLR?

IMO, though DLR's career (with VH and solo) dwarfed even Cherone's best career moments, their careers are currently on about the same level (which isn't saying much for either of them). This "Vagina Monologues" comment is just another example of DLR thinking it's 1984 and he's still the preeminent frontman in Rock.

[ June 08, 2002, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Delighted Romeo ]
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Delighted Romeo:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    DLR's comment about Cherone, who seems to be a nice enough guy, doing "The Vagina Monologues" was complete bullshit. I'm no big fan of Cherone or his stint as VH's lead singer but what the fuck did he do to deserve that comment from DLR?

IMO, though DLR's career (with VH and solo) dwarfed even Cherone's best career moments, their careers are currently on about the same level (which isn't saying much for either of them). This "Vagina Monologues" comment is just another example of DLR thinking it's 1984 and he's still the preeminent frontman in Rock.
    </font>[/QUOTE]WHAAA!! WHAAA!! WHAAA!!
    Quit your fucking cryin' already!!!
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

[ June 08, 2002, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: VH2001 ]

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by VH2001:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Delighted Romeo:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:

</font>[/QUOTE]WHAAA!! WHAAA!! WHAAA!!
    Quit your fucking cryin' already!!!
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]What's your fuckin' problem, VH2001?!? My post wasn't directed at you! BTW, very "creative" and "original" response.

If you want to defend that immature, spineless, bullshit "joke" by DLR, feel free. But I feel completely comfortable with my criticism of him on this matter. If the sonofabitch had a shred of goddamn decency, he wouldn't rip on a guy who has only been gracious to him, including repeatedly mentioning how great DLR was to Extreme when they opened up for him on tour over a decade ago.

I heard a radio interview a few weeks ago where a somewhat confused (and slightly perturbed) Cherone publicly called DLR out to explain what he meant by "Vagina Monologues" comment. But I haven't yet heard DLR respond. That's probably because DLR knows he was being an asshole and was trying to be funny in front of the media at the expense of someone who has never treated him that way (though Cherone did indirectly ruin his dream of reuniting with VH back in '96). To me, it's a sign of weak character and a complete lack of self-confidence on DLR's part. Perhaps the VH brothers are deserving of some shredding in the press by DLR (and Sammy), which they are receiving on a regular basis, but I can't understand why DLR's demeaning Cherone. Personally, if someone publicly showed the type of personal respect Cherone has always shown DLR, I would reciprocate if I was DLR instead of taking potshots in the press like a complete jackoff. Apparently, you would do differently. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

[ June 08, 2002, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Delighted Romeo ]
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

LOL@ this thread... Can you feel the love tonight? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Since this doesn't have as much to do with the tour as it does with good ol' Dave/Sam fan fisticuffs, I'm going to move this to the Opinions/Speculation forum.

(By the way... Loons, you gotta run for office one of these days. Your 'people skills' cannot be denied! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] )
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    Shut the FUCK UP ROMEO!!!!!! If you don't get outta my face an' make it quick I'm gwine-a kick yo ass you sonofabitch!!!!!! FAGGOT ASSED CHERONY AIN'T NUTHIN' BUT A BLIP ON THE SCREEN YOU STUPID MOTHERFUKCER!!!!!!

Van Halen 'III' was the worst album of all-time you no bizness born rat soup eatin' MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!! GETLOSTANDSTAYTHERE!!!!!!EXTREME WAS CRAP!!!

David Lee Roth IS Van Halen. 'Nuff said, end of fucking story!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Huh?!? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Thank you for that articulate, cogent, sophisticated response. Is this supposed to be a serious response or are you attempting to be funny, like DLR’s “Vagina Monologues” comment?!? Or are you just experiencing some side effects from all the meds?!? I’ll just assume that you were attempting to be serious when you posted this moronic drivel.

Where did I say that VHIII was some great masterpiece?!? Where did I say I was an Extreme fan?!? Where did I say I was a Cherone fan?!? BTW, I’m none of the above (though I enjoy some of the tunes on VHIII). I am, however, a fan of common decency, which apparently you and your messiah, DLR, are sorely lacking.

You just proved why those that still idolize a way-past-his-prime DLR and think he can do no wrong need to fuckin' grow up and join the rest of us in the real world circa 2002, not circa 1984. DLR was an asshole for making that “Vagina Monologues” comment about Cherone, and only said it to try to be funny and put himself in a better light. He can no longer back up his own bravado with positive career results (ex. his new DVD) so he is taking unwarranted verbal shots at others in an attempt to put himself in a better light. Not only did DLR do that but he had to swallow his pride (whatever is left of it) and approach his archrival, Sammy Hagar, about doing a co-headlining tour. Of course, not only did he do this but he’s been kissing Sammy’s ass for the past couple of months, with his mostly positive public comments about the Red Rocker that only make a mockery of all of the verbal barbs he directed at Sammy over the past couple of decades. You can bet that if he needed Cherone instead of Sammy to pull off a tour, DLR would have been kissing the ass of “FAGGOT ASSED CHERONY,” as you so “cleverly” referred to him, the last couple of months. After all, that’s DLR’s modus operandi. In 1985, when he thought his shit didn’t stink and felt that everyone around him was now disposable, he discarded EVH, AVH and Mikey and quit the band at its peak of popularity for “bigger and better” things. Then, over the past two years, he’s been kissing EVH’s ass in an attempt to be brought back in the fold as VH’s lead singer. He’s fuckin’ pathetic right now -– and so are YOU for defending his wretched and sophomoric behavior. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya know, to see the way some of the 'Daveheads' go on it sometimes really makes me ashamed to have ever been a VH fan. I can honestly say that those who enjoyed and were fans of the Sammy years seem to be the most level headed, and not only that, but they are fans of VH no matter who was at the mic.

Now there are some comments here regarding Cherone speculating his sexual orientation, which always seems to be the path taken by those who want to slam him. I think that is because there really isn't anything bad to say about the guy. But man I tell ya if you wanna call someone a fag I gotta say DLR in my opinion is the king of all lapboys! But so what, I mean I don't support the lifestyle, but I also don't think it is very fair to judge not only a person's career by it, but also the type of person they are.

Dave's comment was uncalled for, and it is the type of comment that proves what low life trash he has become. The guy is a joke, he always was a joke, and yeah in is heyday people laughed and teeheed to him but you have to kinda wonder if they were laughing with him or at him...don't ya think? People don't seem to think his antics are as funny now as 20 - 25 years ago.

Keep hearing comments on this tour that 'Sammy threw a party, Dave is the party'. Ok, fair enough, but usually those who 'are the party' behave that way due to insecurity, if the aren't 'the party' ...well, the picture is probably easy to see. Behaviour in the media with the stupid comments like at Cherone, is all a ploy to get attention, like the screaming 2 year old. Is really sad to see someone almost 50 yrs of age behaving like that. I don't blame Van Halen one iota for not working with this guy, he would only cheapen Van Halen.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Shut the FUCK UP ROMEO!!!!!! If you don't get outta my face an' make it quick I'm gwine-a kick yo ass you sonofabitch!!!!!! FAGGOT ASSED CHERONY AIN'T NUTHIN' BUT A BLIP ON THE SCREEN YOU STUPID MOTHERFUKCER!!!!!!

Van Halen 'III' was the worst album of all-time you no bizness born rat soup eatin' MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!! GETLOSTANDSTAYTHERE!!!!!!EXTREME WAS CRAP!!!

David Lee Roth IS Van Halen. 'Nuff said, end of fucking story!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The truth hurts. And desperate souls resort to desperate measures when faced with the obvious. Such is the case for one "Sight Challenged William Loomis". Did I get his name right? Sorry Willis. My bad "YO"! I saw the show Friday night and I have to say that I went with eyes wide open and no pretense. Speaking of the truth, I really was more anxious to see DLR than Sammy. I've been a big admirer of Dave's talent since the release of VH's first record and I'll even go as far as saying that I think the two new DLR songs on VH's Greatest Hits CD are the best VH rock songs they recorded even during Sammy's reign. But Dave just didn't produce in St. Louis. Sammy did. If Sammy doesn't cut it then he is subject to the same criticism as Dave. So it really amuses me when "Deaf Billy Lewis", (damn man I'll get your name right sooner or later), gets his huggies in a wad when his hero is given his come upance. A lot of attention is being paid to this tour, and with that attention comes a lot of scrutiny. Brought upon with great acceptance by none other than DLR himself. Talk the talk all you want, but when the lights go down, you had better deliver the goods. On Friday, June 7, 2002 in St. Louis, Sammy delivered first class priority mail. Dave came C.O.D. I hope for "Mute Wiley Coyote's" (aw to hell with it!) sake that Dave does better on the rest of the tour than he did in St. Louis or "Dumb Stevie Wonder" is going to be a Morphine junkie when it's all over. "YO, YO, YO!"
    "The truth hurts."

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it's a little unfair to compare roth/hagar in st. louis don't ya think? st. louis is so crazy about sammy that he could get on stage and take a dump and they would go wild for him over anyone who may have opened. it will be like that in LA, trust me. so those select shows are really poor ones to try and compare performances.

trust me, i live in detroit - a city which still freaks out over Ted Nugent (which none of us can figure out), whenever he jumps on stage with a big act which happens to be in town. It's just his town i guess.................

we were just joking the other night about what would have happened in detroit (with the crowd) if DLR had come out with Bob Seger and a couple of retired red wings who still live here.........now that would have been damn interesting; probably would have nearly had a riot on our hands!!
    TX7081040

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Dave's comments about Gary was just Dave being...well...Dave. A comment usually bothers somebody when it's true. If Gary has a problem with it, then maybe there's more to it then meets the eye. I'm not trying to stick up for Dave but some people take things to damn serious.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Raldo:
    Dave's comments about Gary was just Dave being...well...Dave. A comment usually bothers somebody when it's true. If Gary has a problem with it, then maybe there's more to it then meets the eye. I'm not trying to stick up for Dave but some people take things to damn serious.
    So if someone is just being themselves, which includes acting like a complete asshole, then that’s OK? C’mon, Raldo. That’s a huge copout. If you simply don’t agree that the “Vagina Monologues” comment was wrong whatsoever, then just say so. I’ll disagree with you but at least that’s a reasonably defensible position. But if you do agree that the comment was inappropriate, then please just say so instead of using a trite defense such as “Dave was just being Dave.” Although that is probably accurate, using that as an excuse for DLR acting like an ass is ludicrous and patently absurd.

I also can’t understand why you are using the role reversal technique, where the person who is being insulted is wrong for simply. . . being insulted. Gary didn't necessarily sound upset by the "Vagina Monologues" comment in the radio interview I heard but wanted an explanation from DLR. After all, if someone you've always respected and never insulted publicly made a comment meant to impugn, demean and insult you by making a veiled reference to your sexuality, gender, previous career exploits, or whatever DLR was trying to get at with this comment, wouldn't you ask why they said it and what exactly they meant by the comment? That's all I think Gary was doing. Nonetheless, why don’t you apply your defense of DLR to Gary and say that his requesting an explanation from DLR is “Gary just being Gary”? Or is it just individuals acting like assholes that can use this excuse to escape accountability? Anyway, this defense of “Dave was just being Dave” and “some people take things too damn serious” doesn’t carry any weight with me. Maybe DLR could get away with it when he actually could back up the bravado, but those days haven’t existed for some time now. IMO, some people (DLR) need to grow up and learn common decency instead of the motivations and reactions by those on the receiving end of the stupid comments (Gary) being questioned.

Now, Raldo, I’m genuinely not trying to attack you with this post as my recollection from reading your other posts since I joined the board is that your posts are pretty thoughtful and we seem to agree on most things VH. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I just strongly disagree with your position on this matter. But if you are pissed at me, just say to yourself, “Well, that’s just Delighted Romeo being Delighted Romeo” and “I shouldn’t take this too damn serious.” Sorry, I just had to include that.