Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

little guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

time for a lot of us to eat crow for thanksgiving dinner. i have been reading all this gary bashing for the last three years or so, and the sammy bashing also. it is simple...sammy's new cd is decent, with some catchy modern tunes....true,notmuch guitar work. if you would like some guitar work, then get ahold of tribe of judah..exit elvis. several fine solos here, and great production. both these guys are giving us something half decent at least.therefore, i fail to understand this relentless support of dlr. I love that era just as much as you do, but lets face it, dlr would be considered to be somewhat a nut case like michael jackson, if anyone were interested.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A nut case? Let's just say he's got an abstract mind!
    Just like Dave said "Hey someone said to picasso, the eyes are on one side of the head, man you gotta fix that"
    He's got his own way of thinking [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo Wabo® Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

if you could convince the loudmouths here of that, i'd eat crow myself. i'm not into solo sammy, but he seems to at least have a passion for getting it out there. toj sounds interesting, but i'm at a point where i don't drop 15 bucks just to check stuff out. either of these guys seem to have their shit together better than roth, but then who doesn't (besides michael jackson?)

and diamond's right - dave is dave, and we loved that, but dave hasn't changed his way of thinking, or worse has gone from trying new stuff to holing himself up in a imaginary 1984 state of mind. if dave walked on stage, or mtv, or where ever, like he'd just stepped out of the way back machine, a lot of VH fans, and all of the real world, would think "oh shit, somebody set this guy up in a retirement home."

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Originally posted by Ikeda:
    if you could convince the loudmouths here of that, i'd eat crow myself. i'm not into solo sammy, but he seems to at least have a passion for getting it out there. toj sounds interesting, but i'm at a point where i don't drop 15 bucks just to check stuff out. either of these guys seem to have their shit together better than roth, but then who doesn't (besides michael jackson?)

and diamond's right - dave is dave, and we loved that, but dave hasn't changed his way of thinking, or worse has gone from trying new stuff to holing himself up in a imaginary 1984 state of mind. if dave walked on stage, or mtv, or where ever, like he'd just stepped out of the way back machine, a lot of VH fans, and all of the real world, would think "oh shit, somebody set this guy up in a retirement home."
    Well, he stepped out on stage in my home town 3 months ago and kicked everybodys ass. He actually sang more of the lyrics to the classics than when I had seen him with Van Halen in 1984. I hope I look that good when Im 48. By the way, who the fuck watches MTV? Sorry linda, but you have no valid points. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i've given Cherone too many chances. i won't be fooled again...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

I'll be eating turkey on Thanksgiving while listening to the greatest band that's ever lived...Van Halen.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by weesfreewheelin:
    Well, he stepped out on stage in my home town 3 months ago and kicked everybodys ass. He actually sang more of the lyrics to the classics than when I had seen him with Van Halen in 1984. I hope I look that good when Im 48. By the way, who the fuck watches MTV? Sorry linda, but you have no valid points. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    i'm sure dave kicked ass for the 7,000 to 10,000 roth fans in the audience. but the perception for the rest of the world was that this was just another 80s nostalgia tour, in the same vein as quiet riot, cinderella, motley crue, dokken and other has-beens. that's public perception.

i have no doubt that dave has the tools to ably front VH again, i just don't think he has the desire to use those tools. the guy's intelligent, he has one of the most recognizable rock n roll voices, and he's got panache. it just seems the past couple years that he's been on this kick where he'd rather be a david lee roth impersonator, than actually be himself. i'd want dave to sing, not a caraciture of DLR circa 1984.

i don't know who watches mtv, and i don't care. i said, "...on stage, or mtv, or where ever..." because i describing the theoretical media announcement. given, mtv sucks, but they cared enough to hype the "reunion" in '96. i don't care if VH is on frickin' animal planet, i'll tune in if they have new stuff.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, whatever...to the first post.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who