Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.08.05 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Continuing my "toss it out and see what sticks" attempt to cause some discussion in here:

Seeing as it's been 3 years since VH3 came out and 5 since Sammy left the band and took much of it's public respectablility with it, we can pretty much assume the casual fans as well as the youthes of today that were weaned on grunge or it's Metallica-clone alt. Rock descendants either don't know about Van Halen or don't care much.

So the question is, do you think having either an initial single or a second single from a new album as a cover song would be a good or a bad thing for the band? Lots of times bands can take a song that was a hit two or three decades before, put their spin on it, and have a hit with it themselves which, while not their original music, puts them out in the eye of the public. Consider the hit VH had with Pretty Woman.

Is now a good time to go back to the well to find something to catch the new generation's attention, or do you think that would only hurt the band's chances at "getting over" with new fans?
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

10.25.16 @ 12:57 AM
    Liked 852 Times in 527 Posts

If the album has over 10 songs on it, I wouldn't mind it having a cover tune. I wouldn't make it the first or second release though. It could be a song for a movie soundtrack to keep the ball rolling after the album has been out for a few months.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

I wouldn't mind there being a cover song on the album, but I think it would be a mistake to use it as a single. If they were to have a cover tune, I'd like to see it be a blues tune, something that plays to Dave's strengths; a song in a similar vein to Right Tool For the Job on the DLR Band album.

The coming out party of Van Halen with David Lee Roth should be enough to sell itself without having to release a single of a familiar song.

Hot For Teacher

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

seriously, whatever classic VH does, it just blows me a-w-a-y!

a double CD full with cover-songs would be just fine! just bring'em on, the more, the better.

can't wait to hear these 3 songs DLR mentions! MWM and CGTSNM were a blast, perfect hit-singles, but i wouldn't mind to see 'em with a new cover-song back in the charts either.

dave, we'd like to go upstairs, the two of us, with you ...