Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is just speculation, hence it is in the speculation category.

But if you were about to launch a global tour with your highest-grossing band, wouldn't you make sure that your new corporate setup was complete before you launched your tour?

As many of you know, AOL (ugggggggg) recently acquired Time Warner, and with it Warner Music Group, which of course includes WB records (not to mention Elektra, Atlantic.....and with them such pretenders to the throne as Black Sabbath, Kid Rock, and Matchbox 20). Anyway, on top of that, Wanrer Music also is merging, in a separate transaction, with EMI music group, another of the world's "big 5" music labels.

What does this all mean? It means, as per my thesis, that the chief delay may have litle to do with Van Halen at all. The new AOL Time Warner and its new Warner EMI music group may not want to go into this until they are completely set up.

For those of you who follow business news and the like...perhaps some people know whether *coincidentally* some part of this merger is about to go through in finality this fall.

As for me, I really don't know. I'm only 18, and I don't have a Phd in business management. Maybe somebody out there who follows this stuff for a living knows something.

Just speculation...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

WB has little to do with the tour.

Now, marketing the album, yeah, that's them. Generally mergers don't stop business as usual until after the merger has taken place, or just before. Depends on how the company wants to deal with excess personel.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That sounds pretty logical to me.

I'm just not sure where along the line the merger fit into this whole ordeal. Judging from the rumours, this tour may or may not have been almost announced and then aborted several times.

I'm saying maybe in the end of all this we'll find out it did have some sort of impact.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Usually the only people bogged down with mergers before they happen are the company suits that have to hammer out the details of the new company (read: who gets laid off). Most of the little people in the company just go about business as usual until the merger details are announced and the axe falls on most people.

I doubt business is holding things up. WB doesn't keep VH from writing music, and I'm sure they're CD presses will still be working impending merger or not.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW I'm livin' on the corner of Mean St. and Old Amsterdam Blvd.
    --------
    "Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice ..."
    UP FRONT FANATIC!