Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Starting with Mikey. I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Mikey said in January at NAMM that they were getting ready to make some announcements "soon". Given the fact that Dave says he hasn't spoken to the VH camp since July, what announcements was Mikey referring to? He had to have known that everybody was on the edge of their seat about a possible reunion, so referring to announcements wasn't going to be taken any other way by the fans than announcing who the singer was.

Secondly, is anyone mad at Dave? Has Dave gotten off on the technicality that he was the first to break the "we haven't spoken since July" news? July until a couple of months ago is a long time in which Dave made no attempt to set the record straight with his fans. Also, I recall that his own site was hinting at a reunion with that Daily Catastrophe artwork.

Given that Eddie seems to be the focal point of all the anger, I'm just wondering if anyone is frustrated with the actions/inactions with the other guys.

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

No, it's primarily Eddie's fault.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Ed has taken the leadership position in the band the past few years. He's wanted to be more than the musical genius that he is.

I don't blame MA, DLR, AVH, or anyone but Ed at this point. Did Ed manage to deceive MA, too? Or is MA just a yes man? Mike was obviously under the impression that things were a go.

Dave makes it sound like he was sent off last July with a "don't call us, we'll be in touch" type of thing. I think we can all agree that Dave has wanted this reunion for a long time, and most likely wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize it if he thought there was a possibility of it.

Eddie calls the shots now, so my disappointment is firmly aimed at him. He's the one that's played off the fans' emotions with statements about his health.

I've followed this mess for a long time, and what I think I know clearly points at Ed. Not all of it is solid information, but enough is that I'm deeply disappointed with how Ed has bungled things.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not mad at MA... Just confused. Why would he say those things knowing an announcement or tour was miles off?

Unless he pretty much knew Dave was about to run out of patience and open his mouth again.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I dunno, there certainly has been a lot of anger directed towards Eddie lately. Me personally, I am not angry with any of them...To be honest, I was never really counting on the reunion as a "Sure Thing" anyway-

By the way Glenn- Nice tag line at the bottom. Don Henley is the MAN when it comes to lyrics!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well i am not angry at MIKE. i feel that he misled us for whatever reason, maybe someday we'll know the story. as far as DAVE
    it doesn't bother me that much because the VH bros. should know if they can work with him or not. fuck ED pure and simple
    get a fuckin clue as to where you want to take the band. AL is too blame for the RAY hiring. oh yeah MIKE should do what ED and AL do, don't do interviews and say "well i can't talk about that"
    SHUT UP THEN!!!!. SAMMY hasn't lead us on. and another thing that pisses me off if true is CABO cantina stuff. when it wasn't making money they didn't want anything to do with it, then soon as it starts to make money they want cut in. so my feeling today is FUCK'EM all except GARY and SAMMY. i'm really considering not buying any future releases(if any). i am over the place
    so bear with me. i just tried to cover all the bases.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

The only one that I'm pissed off at is Eddie, period. Eddie has kept us in the dark ever since Gary quit/was fired. He has proven without a doubt that he could care less about the fans. He has kept, and continues to keep everyone in the dark about the future of Van Halen. Why all the silence? What would have been so fucking hard for him to have told us what has went down between him and Dave? It wouldn't have been hard at all, he just doesn't give a shit about the fans, period.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

they all suck right now...the whole fuckin band, whoever it consists of.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I´m not pissed

I just wonder

There must be some serious shit going on bc
    they are professionals for 25 years
    but act like idiots

The only reason i pay attention to Vh and stay here at the links is the fact that I like to know when and how this all comes to an end.

I always feel a little bit like detective ROCKford here:
    - Maybe they auditioned other singers but it didn´t work either
    - Maybe the vh brothers are fightin each other
    - Maybe maybe maybe ....

To be honest I deply feel that VH is one of the biggest disapointment in american rock history and I´m lucky to share this with you linkers here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"We stay in contact"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Corrrrection

"We stay in touch"
    [Sorry Ed]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not mad at Mike, I think Mike is in a position where he says what he is told to say. I just get the feeling Mike has not been to happy since Sammy got the boot. Mike just feels he has to stand behind the brothers and do what is asked of him. I wish Mike would just quit and hook up with Sammy.
    I don't know about Dave-don't bash me for saying this but I don't like the guy. With Dave it's all Me, me, me. Somehow I think Dave is spinning this whole thing to his benefit. Saying that, no I'm not mad at Dave and even if it comes out that he did something wrong I won't be to mad at him. I expect Dave to have something up his sleeve.
    If anything I'm a little angry at Ed and Al for the role they have taken on in the last 5 years. They screwed Sammy they screwed the fans with the whole Dave's back bullshit and I think they screwed Gary by making him sing on that total EVH ego trip VH3. Whatever they were thinking when they hired that rat bastard Ray Daniels I'll never know. To quote Sammy "Ray ruined the greatest RNR band in the world"-no truer words have ever been said.

Al Hagar [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AL HAGAR:
    To quote Sammy "Ray ruined the greatest RNR band in the world"-no truer words have ever been said.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ray D. ruined one of the biggest and oldest
    canadian rock band too :

RUSH
    [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

-------------------
    Lets smoke a cig and talk about cancer.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AL HAGAR:
    I'm not mad at Mike, I think Mike is in a position where he says what he is told to say. I just get the feeling Mike has not been to happy since Sammy got the boot. Mike just feels he has to stand behind the brothers and do what is asked of him. I wish Mike would just quit and hook up with Sammy.
    I don't know about Dave-don't bash me for saying this but I don't like the guy. With Dave it's all Me, me, me. Somehow I think Dave is spinning this whole thing to his benefit. Saying that, no I'm not mad at Dave and even if it comes out that he did something wrong I won't be to mad at him. I expect Dave to have something up his sleeve.
    If anything I'm a little angry at Ed and Al for the role they have taken on in the last 5 years. They screwed Sammy they screwed the fans with the whole Dave's back bullshit and I think they screwed Gary by making him sing on that total EVH ego trip VH3. Whatever they were thinking when they hired that rat bastard Ray Daniels I'll never know. To quote Sammy "Ray ruined the greatest RNR band in the world"-no truer words have ever been said.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellant post Dude! Gotta agree with every word.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we should pester Mike into talking.

Mike is a gutless, yellowbelly, yes man with no balls, Yeah Mike go get Eddie another pack of Cigs please.

I use to like Mikes loyalties to the band, but Ed and Al seem to fuck him every chance they get.
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

I agree that Eddie or someone from the band should have said something a lot earlier than the did. What I can't believe is how a lot of folks just can't seem to blame Eddie enough. Nobody here knows the full story of the past 1 1/2 years. Eddie, Mike, Alex and Dave kept VERY quiet (and still keeping quiet). There were many reasons for it that hopefully will see the light of day soon. I'm just as frustrated about all of this but what can you do. The members of Van Halen are adults and can do what they want. Unfortunately, it doesn't help their image.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com