Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Does anyone else find it funny that there are only 3 dates on Dave's tour so far? I know that things have been put together just within the last couple of weeks, but still, it seems odd. We're just over two weeks away from the first date, and there are only three shows planned.

You've got to figure that Dave doesn't have a large stage set. Those things aren't something that can be rushed, as they're all custom made. There's not much investment for him involved in this, other than paying the band during these weeks (according to BW) of rehersal. Still. it seems odd to get a band worked up and ready for only 3 gigs, doesn't it?

What's Dave doing here? I don't want to talk about the setlist, as we've hashed that over and aren't breaking any ground with it. But why is Dave doing 3 shows, and more than that why is there such a rush to get out there and do those 3 shows? From what we know, this was all put together a little over two weeks ago, with the inking of the contracts done just last week.

I'd originally thought it was to show VH that large (at least 2 of the shows have large capacities) that crowds still went nuts for the music. These aren't going to be crowds of DLR/VH fans; they're going to be people there to see a variety of bands representing some of the finer/worst parts of 80s rock. You couldn't ask for a better target audience for a possible reunion, realistically.

Tonight it struck me that perhaps DLR is doing this for his own confidence. Maybe things were said (or unsaid) during his talks with VH about his chops. He's obviously worked hard and prepared for a reunion these last couple of years, and if VH told him he didn't have what he used to that might have really hurt his confidence.

Any ideas or thoughts on the abrupt and short nature of this tour so far?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think this is another LAATPHT.

It seems about the only person involved that hasn't realized the reunion is over is Roth. I honestly think he's going "on tour" to try and scare Eddie into calling him back into the studio. It makes it look like Roth is about to fire up the old solo career again.

Plus it makes him look like the good guy in a lot of eyes. And you all know it isn't what happened, it's what appears to have happened that matters.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think he is gauging public interest. when your in VH it is like a black hole, time just stands still and nothing is as it appears. i will be very interested to see if gets blown away or lost in the shuffle if that isn't a death nail to his career. i think he is taking a big risk. i don't think anything he does will impress ED but maybe it will impress VAL.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Along thos lines, topik, it makes me wonder what the general reaction to him at those festivals will be. What kind of a "pop" will he get from a crowd that isn't all there to see him?
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Along thos lines, topik, it makes me wonder what the general reaction to him at those festivals will be. What kind of a "pop" will he get from a crowd that isn't all there to see him?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think the VH material virtually guarantees Dave a strong reaction with anyone even vaguely familiar with him. It's basically a retro show, so everyone there knows what they're going to hear, therefore I would think that Dave should have no problem sparking a reaction. Especially because he's a very energetic performer who isn't lazy live.

And on the original post, I'm really surprised that more dates haven't been added. I expected more dates to be added quickly following the original ones.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Dave got great responses from the Bad Company crowds, so won't be too surprising to see the same this time around. I think DLR is largely off the radar for most fans of the genre, so this might open some eyes.

It's got to hard to get booked at top billing to most of the festival shows that have already been set for some time. It'll be really curious though, if we don't see some more dates show up in the next couple of weeks. As I understand it, you don't make money doing sporadic gigs. The start-up costs are just too great.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    I think this is another LAATPHT.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am guessing LAATPHT is short for something, but I don't know what. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Can anyone clue me in?
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Look At All The People Here Tonight