Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Van Halen, 2001

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I, like many, am sick of waiting and waiting for some news, or better yet, some new music. But, the ing is when they are ready they will come out. It may be the biggest thing in rock music ever, or it may follow in the footsteps of Vince Neil returning to Motley Crue, who really knows until it actually happens. Point is, no matter what the fans of Van Halen are the one's who will buy the CD's, the concert tickets, and all the other merchandise that goes along with it. Will they top the charts etc, doubt it, not without Sammy (hate to say) as they would write/record that cheesy airplay friendly song (Can't Stop Loving You), no disregard to Dave, or the song, but he would NEVER do such a song. And would we really really want that??? I wouldn't! If it is with Dave then make it a hard rocking CD that the FANS want, not Billboard, and don't bother trying to compete with the boy bands because it is a useless gesture.

The more I think about it, if Dave is in fact back, then this CD is truly for us, yeah they will make a crap load of money, and what is wrong with getting a retirement fund anyway??? Returning with Dave is what a vast amount of fans have wanted for years, BOV1 is proof of that, and if they finally get it, even just one album and tour, well I think Eddie can be forgiven for all said in the heat of the moment, especially during the 3 period, which hey wasn't really that bad, it WAS Van Halen, but it also in my opinion was Eddie's own baby. And what is wrong with that anyway? Why can't Eddie make a record that satisfies HIS thoughts, emotions, musical creativity of the time??? Just cause not everyone got it doesn't mean he did not earn or deserve that right!

Just to piss off, the Live stuff I have heard with Gary is in my opinion the BEST live VH material from all three generations of the band. Only my opinion

No matter who is the singer I say look forward to a new release in 2001. Van Halen is not a band to sit back and do nothing.

To close here is a quote:

'Play every night like it was your last, knowing you will play the rest of your life.'
    Alex Van Halen, Right Here, Right Now Video.

I think that quote answers if Van Halen has a continuing future.

See you in 2001 VH!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll have to agree

------------------
    Kenyon Vincent-the linker formerly known as Red-Balled Mammoth.
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival