Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

fuck, if i hear another idiot talk about the upcoming vh reunion with roth or hagar...

deal with this shit: there will NEVER be a reunion with roth or hagar. roth has pissed in eddie's pool so many times, he aint never gonna get invited back.

and hagar? come on.. the dude will be collecting social security payments in a few years. he's got everything he could possibly want: money, fame, successful bidniz, new music with Planet Us. why the fuck would he want open up that can of van halen worms?

here's the deal for roth fans: you might get another couple of VH with Roth songs released on the next version of the Greatest Hits. other than that, you're fucked. and MWM and CGTSNM basically sucked anyway, so i'm not holding my breath.

for hagar fans: you're just fucked. there might be a new hagar tune thrown in, but unlikely.

vh going forward? after all this time... it would be a virtual miracle if they were able to pull off a comeback. not impossible, but very, very unlikely.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As much as I hate to admit it Hagar will be back with the band.
    There will be a reunion as soon as Eddie gets off his ass.

I would love to see Roth back but there is to much bad blood.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SeriousDooDoo:
    fuck, if i hear another idiot talk about the upcoming vh reunion with roth or hagar...

<... rant continues ...>

and MWM and CGTSNM basically sucked anyway, so i'm not holding my breath.

And if I hear another idiot talk about how much 2 of the greatest tunes VH put out in the last decade suck...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I disagree. As soon as the Sammy and Dave tour completes and Eddie gets through his personal B.S. you will see a Van Halen Reunion. The turnout at this Summer's tour is a perfect indication that the American public is begging to see Van Halen together again, be it Dave or Sammy. Hell, the tour brought out not necessarily fans of Sammy or Dave, but fans of Van Halen music. We want our Van Halen!!!! And if the brothers Van Halen have just one brain cell of reason between the two of them, we'll be rocking to new and classic VH tunes very soon. Look for a new CD and a tour next Summer.
    "The truth hurts."

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

That's funny, last night PINK said the Party was just starting!!!!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

SeriousDooDoo, however, is quite wrong.

VH will rise again.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Harris:
    The turnout at this Summer's tour is a perfect indication that the American public is begging to see Van Halen together again, be it Dave or Sammy. Hell, the tour brought out not necessarily fans of Sammy or Dave, but fans of Van Halen music. We want our Van Halen.
    Have you seen those attendance numbers for the tour? 1/4 to 1/2 capacity on average is not a great promotion for the live draw of VH music in todays market.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Have you seen those attendance numbers for the tour? 1/4 to 1/2 capacity on average is not a great promotion for the live draw of VH music in todays market.
    i think that is partly due to the fact that van halen-aged people/fans aren't used to paying close to a $100 or more for a concert experience anymore(ticket price, food and beverages, concert Tee, parking- probably more like $150!) - most of the real VH fans are grown up with families now- and can remember when it cost about 1/5 the price to see a concert (or even less in the early days...)

$7 a beer is enough to keep me away from concerts for a while... where have all the good times gone? (i think i am getting old now too)
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Harris:
    I disagree. As soon as the Sammy and Dave tour completes and Eddie gets through his personal B.S. you will see a Van Halen Reunion. The turnout at this Summer's tour is a perfect indication that the American public is begging to see Van Halen together again, be it Dave or Sammy. Hell, the tour brought out not necessarily fans of Sammy or Dave, but fans of Van Halen music. We want our Van Halen!!!! And if the brothers Van Halen have just one brain cell of reason between the two of them, we'll be rocking to new and classic VH tunes very soon. Look for a new CD and a tour next Summer.
    i agree with you, van halen will be back and i think it will be sammy but you never know it could be dave but i dont think eddie wants dlr back but who knows. this tour brought fans that like van halen music together i think as soon as the dlr/sam tour is over we will hear news on vh soon.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by man of the people:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Harris:
    The turnout at this Summer's tour is a perfect indication that the American public is begging to see Van Halen together again, be it Dave or Sammy. Hell, the tour brought out not necessarily fans of Sammy or Dave, but fans of Van Halen music. We want our Van Halen.
    Have you seen those attendance numbers for the tour? 1/4 to 1/2 capacity on average is not a great promotion for the live draw of VH music in todays market.</font>[/QUOTE]Hey-Mr. People, get your facts straight. It was one of the more successsful tours of the summer. THAT has been plastered all over the news. In fact, I recently heard it was in the top 10. If I can remember where I saw it, i'll post it. Regardless, it was a great show from the both of them. Did you see the show big mouth? I doubt it.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you attend a Sammy / Dave show this Summer? I did, twice. St. Louis and Kansas City. Both places were packed. It was without a doubt the most successful "real" rock and roll tour of the summer. Who else was out there to compare to Dave and Sammy? No one! As soon as word gets out that Van Halen (Dave or Sammy) is reuniting, it will be headline news. Promoters all over the country will be killing each other to book the show. Face it Man, the current state of Rock and Roll sucks, and it is going to take a band like Van Halen to breath some life back into it. Like Gene Simmons said at the press conference promoting the Reunion Tour and the reuniting of the original members. If Van Halen gets back together, they are "Going to show all the new bands how the big boys do it."
    "The truth hurts."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In Dallas there were 17500 people and I think Smirnoff holds 18 or 19 thousand so that it over 3/4 full.
    Lets Hope VH gets some Sensible Shoes that lead them back to Dave.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by UnleashVH:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SeriousDooDoo:

&lt;... rant continues ...&gt;

and MWM and CGTSNM basically sucked anyway, so i'm not holding my breath.

And if I hear another idiot talk about how much 2 of the greatest tunes VH put out in the last decade suck...
    </font>[/QUOTE]two of VH's greatest tunes...??? compared to what??

put down your crack pipe and step away from the keyboard, son. those songs suck. they suck so bad you can't tell me the last time you've heard either played on the radio--unless you call your local jockey to request them.

shit, they suck so bad your buddy dave aint going anywhere near them on this tour. 'xplain THAT, knucklehead!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i gotta ask one question that some of you die hard "van halen reunion is just around the corner" fans can hopefully answer for me:

what color is the sky in your world?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Probably Fair Warning or Balance
    Favorite VH Song

HARD TO SAY!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys are all actin like dumbasses trying to predict this thing. This band really isn't predictable at all, and by trying to make a prediction you guys are beginning to appear to me as whistling in the dark. I personally doubt it, but I'm just a rather mordant person... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Live well,<br />Work hard,<br />and ROCK ON!<br />~EvA~

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

QUOTE]Hey-Mr. People, get your facts straight. It was one of the more successsful tours of the summer. THAT has been plastered all over the news. In fact, I recently heard it was in the top 10. If I can remember where I saw it, i'll post it. Regardless, it was a great show from the both of them. Did you see the show big mouth? I doubt it.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Geez, relax. I thought you Sammy fans were the more sensitive, power ballady types. Did I see the show? Fuck no. It just played 10 minutes from my house in Mansfield and unless Dave and Eddie are side by side on the stage, I won't waste my money. I'm just going by the attendance numbers on the Sam/Dave thread. They ain't pretty, check them for yourself.