Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been browsing here for awhile and have come to the conclusion that this place isn't much different than the PD (no offense meant). Nothing but rumors and speculation, people who clam to know about the band, same old bullshit! So let me just adress a few issues that I am personally sick of hearing about!

1) Does Brad Starks actually have contact with the band?

Yes he does, quite frequently too!

2) Did Michael Anthony say anything to this Rols guy???

NO! Mike NEVER said any of that bullshit, I know this from a Very Trusted source!

3) Why hasn't VH made any announcement?

Because there really is NOTHING TO ANNOUNCE! If there was, Brad Starks would have posted it at www.van-halen.com But unfortunatly there is nothing to post!

4) What's the holdup with VH???

The ONLY one who can answer that would be Edward Van Halen himself. I don't even think Brad knows the answer to that one!

5)Why is the PD closed?

I dont have a clue! I didn't ask!

And finally let me add this: I am just as anxious, frustrated, and wanting for some sort of New VH music or some kind of tour as the rest of you, and like the rest of you I have to wait too. I sometimes wish the band would post at the PD or here or anywhere for that matter! Some little tidbit of info for the fans, but honestly, I have been following this band for many years, and my advice is "Don't hold your breath!!!" In perspective though, I also understand that they value their private lives, and would like to continue to keep them private! As "big" or "famous" a band as Van Halen is, this is a fine line to walk! I wouldn't want to do it! Keep your fans reasonably happy, and have a private life! I think they balance the act pretty well myself! So in closing I would just like to say, hang in there just a little while longer, or maybe just take a break from the boards, cause you never know what tomorrow will have in store for you! Peace!
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pumpkinhead:
    I've been browsing here for awhile and have come to the conclusion that this place isn't much different than the PD (no offense meant).

Blueprint: It's more than a VH bootleg. (cryptic mode off)

quote:

Nothing but rumors and speculation, people who clam to know about the band, same old bullshit!

Your one of them. I just saw your rumor mill posts LOL. No harm in that though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, this is gonna go to the opinions forum bro, I think its pretty self explanatory.

[ December 12, 2001 at 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Goo ]

A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pumpkinhead:
    I've been browsing here for awhile and have come to the conclusion that this place isn't much different than the PD (no offense meant). <hr></blockquote>

I take offense to that, regardless.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Nothing but rumors and speculation, people who clam to know about the band, same old bullshit! <hr></blockquote>

What message board doesn't have rumors?

What message board doesn't have speculation?

What message board doesn't have people claiming to know the band?

Oh yeah... And the different "bullshit" here is that your thread would already be closed there. "Attacking the official VH website is not permitted."

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>1) Does Brad Starks actually have contact with the band?

Yes he does, quite frequently too!<hr></blockquote>

Who said P. Braddy doesn't have contact with VH? Provide a link so I can check it out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>2) Did Michael Anthony say anything to this Rols guy???

NO! Mike NEVER said any of that bullshit, I know this from a Very Trusted source! <hr></blockquote>

Uh, isn't the use of your supposed "Very Trusted" source a dreaded rumor on your part?

Why, yes, yes it is.

It's hypocritical to slam rumors and speculation and then jump in...

http://www.vhforums.com/cgi-bin/vhlf...=001078#000010

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>3) Why hasn't VH made any announcement?

Because there really is NOTHING TO ANNOUNCE! If there was, Brad Starks would have posted it at www.van-halen.com But unfortunatly there is nothing to post! <hr></blockquote>

No one's clamoring for one right now. And we're confident we won't be getting one soon.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>4) What's the holdup with VH???

The ONLY one who can answer that would be Edward Van Halen himself. I don't even think Brad knows the answer to that one!<hr></blockquote>

And, obviously, neither do you. Join the club. There's always room for one more. LOL.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>5)Why is the PD closed?

I dont have a clue! I didn't ask! <hr></blockquote>

Then why even bring up the topic?

Not many of your "facts" seem to be "straight."

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> So in closing I would just like to say, hang in there just a little while longer, or maybe just take a break from the boards, cause you never know what tomorrow will have in store for you! Peace! <hr></blockquote>

After all the exclamation points in your post, perhaps it's YOU that needs to take a break from the boards, bro.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, WACF, FW
    Favorite VH Song

Loss of Control
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Keep your fans reasonably happy, and have a private life! I think they balance the act pretty well myself! <hr></blockquote>

On the contrary I don't think they are keeping the fans reasonably happy. Of course they are entitled to their private lives but if the band are a going concern then they are not doing anything at all to keep the fans even interested, let alone happy.
    Use my hand, I won't look!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 906 Posts

Thanks for the 'great' words of wisdom. When there is no news from the band, speculation arises. And if you check out the rumor mill, there hasn't been too many in a long time. The Pleasure Dome had a lot more rumors floating around. Remember the infamous 'Michael Jackson'? Anyway, I've always enjoyed posting at VHForums a little more than the PD. The mods at the PD have to weed out some of the bad eggs more.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I guess it was inevitable that the dregs of the PD would slime their way over here too.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

2) Did Michael Anthony say anything to this Rols guy???

NO! Mike NEVER said any of that bullshit, I know this from a Very Trusted source!
    <hr></blockquote>

Which totally and completely discredits your entire post. The only people that really know what happened were the two people that Mike talked to and Mike himself. Those two people, who other than the Van Halen connection, don't really know each other both told the same story. Mike, through Brad, told the opposite. Given what little evidence we have, two unique testimonies that conclude the same information are more powerful than one dissenting opinion.

This should be easy enough to see, unless of course you're someone that thinks the members of Van Halen are infallible gods and Brad is their prophet.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

yeah, what Stuff said!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Even the PD mods don't kiss $tark$ ass like this
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

[ December 13, 2001 at 03:33 AM: Message edited by: Cabo Kid ]</p>
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    Even the PD mods don't kiss $tark$ ass like this <hr></blockquote>

Yeah really. Mr Head probably knows what Brad has for breakfast before Brad does.
    Delusions of eloquence

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well lets just say I'll believe what Kevin Dugan, who has beed a really good friend of mine for like the past 2 years, said to me on last Sunday over this Rols and whoever the other one was?? Guess what, Mike said he never sait those things and I believe him! I believe what Kevin said when we were hanging on sunday! Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Well lets just say I'll believe what Kevin Dugan, who has beed a really good friend of mine for like the past 2 years, said to me on last Sunday over this Rols and whoever the other one was?? Guess what, Mike said he never sait those things and I believe him! I believe what Kevin said when we were hanging on sunday! Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Out of curiosity... was Kevin present in AZ with Mike when the alleged conversation didn't occur?

Is it possible he's towing the company line by his employer Mr Anthony?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well lets just say I'll believe what Kevin Dugan, who has beed a really good friend of mine for like the past 2 years, said to me on last Sunday over this Rols and whoever the other one was?? Guess what, Mike said he never sait those things and I believe him! I believe what Kevin said when we were hanging on sunday! Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Oh, I am in such awe of you now. Who gives a fuck? If you are so in the know, if you are so important and hate the speculation and frustration that occurs on this forum, do you really need to put forth a pathetic "let's clear everything up" post as if you're working for the band or something and then get extremely defensive because we doubt you and YOU hung out with Kevin Dugan? I could give a flying fuck. Good for you. Doesn't mean I take your opinion any more seriously. Your post should be in the rumor mill...where everyone else's stories from a "trusted" source go. Right now, Eddie Van Halen himself could make an announcement on what's going on and I wouldn't believe it.

Go away.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Pumpkinhead, I believe you when you say Kevin told you that, but my opinion is that that is just the company line right now. I'm pretty sure Kevin wasn't at the event with Mike, so his saying Mike didn't say it, is the equivalent of Brad saying Mike didn't say it. They are both just telling people what Mike has told them. That doesn't make anyone a liar in my book if Mike was under orders not to talk and was just throwing those guys a bone.
    Now for the tough love part of the deal.

1. If Brad outright lied to us at the Dome without even talking to Mike, that is BULLSHIT! I doubt it.

2. If Kevin lied to you about what he knows, then he is just looking out for his job. Who knows?

3. If Rols lied about what Mike said, then he is a piece of shit that that was looking for some free publicity to drum up some biz. I hope not!

4. If FULLBUGAZ is lying, well, that thought doesn't enter the process.

5.If Mike told Brad and Kevin that he didn't say this stuff, for whatever reason, then how are Brad and Kevin to know anything different to tell people. They both work for and are friends of VH, so they probably have a trust in what they are told by members of the band.

6. If Mike said all this stuff just for the sake of fucking with the fans, that is the rankest form of BULLSHIT that I know of. If this winds up being the case, which I doubt, I will not support the band in any way in the future.

7. I think Mike told both Rols and FULLBUGZ what they've reported. I think when this news made it to the Dome, that Brad called Mike when he saw it wanting to put either a fact or fiction stamp on it, Mike told him for whatever reasons that he didn't say it and for Brad to post to that effect on the Dome so as to avoid any confusion, at least on the point of what the band was reporting through its webmaster on its official site. Brad posts that it is BULLSHIT, that Mike didn't say it. I choose to believe that this is what is going on, as it allows for a reunion to be happening shortly. The DJ character over at the Army says everything becomes offical 1/1/02. I'll latch onto any info that gives the reunion a chance of happening. I just don't think Mike would lie to a fan to his face. The denial on the official site is hopefully for legal reasons. If not, we have some sick people who have gained our trust and abused it for their own reasons. I choose to believe ROls, FULLBUGAZ and Brad. If Mike told Brad a little lie to keep everything cool, and also took a little heat from the VH bros. for throwing us a bone, then I raise my glass and toast his ass! If people could put their distrust and hatred for Brad aside for minute to look at it this way, it can provide an outlook with a very positive outcome, one alot of us have been waiting 15 years for. Just my opinion, slam it if you choose, but at least be openminded enough to see it as a real possibility.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?