Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

OK. I'm a diehard Van Halen fan. I was pretty aware of the events post-FUCK and during Balance. I always thought that Balance was a pretty dark album. But after reading Chapters 19 & 20 everything about Balance has started to make sense. Balance is the sound of a band imbalanced. Balance is the sound of the lives of the main players falling apart. It's the sound of a band dying.

If I was Sammy I sure wouldn't want anyone to publish that. Only Mikey comes out out clean; everyone else comes out looking like a bunch of whores. Such is life.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike ROCKS! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You don't know so muckin fuch...Why don't you go in your own jack yard and back off awhile!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i agree completely! calling the album "balance" was a sarcastic joke... the music and tour (yes- even that PPV show...) reflected what was happening behind the scenes, in my opinion... in the back of my mind, there was always something i didn't like about that cd- and reading those chapters yesterday brought out exactly what it was....

after reading that- it made me realize that van halen really is dead and gone, never to return... it ain't about the music anymore- it hasn't been for decades... that spirit will never be back in van halen, even if they do release new music... without that spirit, van halen is nothing- no matter how good the music is...

if i were dave, i'd leave and never look back... life is too short for that bullshit... he's above that and he knows it... make some new music with your band, play club gigs for the rest of your career- just keep that original VH spirit alive, no matter what people think... in fact- even though my esteem for sammy has deteriorated to almost nothing after this summer, i would offer him the same advice- keep mike in your band-keep playing your music for your fans- and ride off into the sunset...

after reading sammy's and dave's views on the VH situations, it really makes me feel like the brothers are the real assholes and they deserve nothing but each other... my 2 cents...

i know this thread will eventually end up in a dave vs. sammy mud slinging contest just like every other thread on this board... i have resolved not play that game anymore- have fun without me...

[ October 02, 2002, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: 55starfire ]
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Any
    Favorite VH Song

Any
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 08:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What book?
    Into every life, a little Halen must fall

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After reading the chapters they all come of as self centered ,money obessed, back stabbing pricks. Except Mike-He's too afraid to stand up for himself.It shouldn't be a surprise though,these guys are old school "rock stars" with little perception of reality after years of adulation and indulgences.

[ October 02, 2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: DreamIsOver ]
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah the chapters were interesting.

well, its their life, wtf am i to judge.

for me the following is a completely new idea: vh died when dlr left.

when sammy joined that was no longer vh, as you can see in sammys chapters. listening to best of cd i now hear the difference ... sammys stuff just isn't vh - as a few posters have mentioned on other threads. the vh vibe and spirit left with dave. it wasnt dave, but it dissapeared when he left. it's all about the perspective on life - as you read sammy's interpretation of things you can hear that in his lyrics, and its all crap.

so basically for me, dave killed van halen when he left. he deserves his desperate fate as it is, he killed the greatest band ever (though watching him now he would of killed them anyway, he's got serious mental issues).

theres a few things i can really do something about.

1. i dont want to pay for dave & mike & ed & al.
    2. i dont want to pay for sam & mike & ed & al.
    3. i dont want to pay for ed's power trip band - i just don't care what the mental midget has to say or think
    4. i dont want to pay to hear sam's voice. he can hit the notes but it hurts to listen to it.
    5. i dont want to hear any of sammys lyrics. he got it right once or twice, but its not worth a dime to me no more.
    6. i don't want to pay for any band that treats mikey as a hired gun.
    7. i don't want to pay for a band that doesnt let the bass player play up to what the instrument can do, listening to balance today, its all ed just drooling all over every song.
    8. i dont want to pay for what sam suggested in the chapters (if those are his chapters, who knows) ... not interested in vh pulling a u2. thats just stupid.

whats left? lol! wtf knows. life goes on, we get older ... yada yada.

/// end of my blathering [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away, 5150, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, I totally disagree that VH died when DLR left. The band and its music changed in many ways after his departure, but I think claiming that the band "died" is giving DLR a bit too much credit.

Second, I've said this before, but after reading some of the earlier posts, I want to say it again. We have NO BLOODY CLUE what the relationship is like between any of the former or present members of VH. Similarly, we don't know these people. No, we don't. All we have is indirect information that we get from questionable sources. Just because it's in print does not mean that it's fact.

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 55starfire:
    i agree completely! calling the album "balance" was a sarcastic joke... the music and tour (yes- even that PPV show...) reflected what was happening behind the scenes, in my opinion... in the back of my mind, there was always something i didn't like about that cd- and reading those chapters yesterday brought out exactly what it was....

after reading that- it made me realize that van halen really is dead and gone, never to return... it ain't about the music anymore- it hasn't been for decades... that spirit will never be back in van halen, even if they do release new music... without that spirit, van halen is nothing- no matter how good the music is...

if i were dave, i'd leave and never look back... life is too short for that bullshit... he's above that and he knows it... make some new music with your band, play club gigs for the rest of your career- just keep that original VH spirit alive, no matter what people think... in fact- even though my esteem for sammy has deteriorated to almost nothing after this summer, i would offer him the same advice- keep mike in your band-keep playing your music for your fans- and ride off into the sunset...

after reading sammy's and dave's views on the VH situations, it really makes me feel like the brothers are the real assholes and they deserve nothing but each other... my 2 cents...

i know this thread will eventually end up in a dave vs. sammy mud slinging contest just like every other thread on this board... i have resolved not play that game anymore- have fun without me...
    I wouldn't say for decades, The brothers are responsible for Hagar leaving but not for Roth leaving. Telling Dave to forget about getting back in VH is like telling him to stop breathing. Dave is a null set with VH. He's been trying to recapture that lime light for well over a decade. There may be slim chance Sammy will be back but after the recent statements he made on Rockline that's looks to be doubtful at this point. I think Eddie's got something up his sleeve as far as a 4th new singer. I think we're gonna hear something next year.

[ October 06, 2002, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Vince ]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Two words: Van Hasselhoff! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]