Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ed6150
    Not to slam Sam but Wham Bam Amsterdam even the king of the strings couldn't stand them . Goofy lyrics
    It's like Ed said , Wolfie c mere will ya ?? Sorry Sammy but those lyrics are dumb IMO

Ed6150
    To defend Sam here I will say DREAMS had some of the best lyrics I have ever heard

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Ed6150, if you don't want to slam Sammy, don't start topics like this.

wam bam oh amsterdamn
    hey ed6150, you and all the other roth fans always bash sammy for not writing lyrics like roth (in other words sleezy or corny lyrics) But on amsterdam sam writes some lyrics that are down to Roths level ( I dont know why but he did) and now you complain. and by the way as you can tell by my name i happen to like those lyrics. theres nothin wrong with amsterdam it will stone you like nothin else can. but im sure you dont even know what that means. roth has good lyrics but sammys are great.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I LOVE the song Amsterdam, it's one of my faves right now. But, I do have to admit that 'wham bam, oh Amsterdam....' is on the cheesy side when it comes to lyric lines (sorry Wham Bam ) I love the rest of the song, though. Overall I love Sammy's lyrics, except sometimes, like when he rhymes two words with eachother . IMO, I still think his lyrics are WAY more heartfelt than most of DLR's, which seem more spontaneous. I guess it just depends on my mood, VH has something for everything I'm feeling, that's what makes them great, right?

------------------
    UP FRONT FANATICS!!!

"If I were you, and you were me...wonder who I'd rather be" -- Sammy Hagar

"My idols were always people like Genghis Khan, Muhammad Ali, Alexander the Great, or the guy who invented McDonald's hamburgers" --David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Amsterdam has stupid lyrics, and so does Spanked. But the all time "winner" has to be Big Fat Money.

"Some say money is bad for the soul. Bad for the rock. bad for the roll....." and it just gets worse from there, ruining what could have potentially been one of Van Hagar's finer moments.

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I like the lyrics to Amsterdam, at least the verses. As for the chorus, are they profound lyrics? No. But who cares, it's just a rock and roll song, not a textbook.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't like the song/lyrics of "Dirty Water Dog"......it grates on my nerves for some reason

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    I don't like the song/lyrics of "Dirty Water Dog"......it grates on my nerves for some reason
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. I can't stand this song. It starts off soundin like a political song, then the lyrics to the chorus. It's SOOOO confusing. I read that Gary wrote this to get a "regular" type Van Halen song on the album, you know, a song about woman. But the first verse makes no sense when compared with the lyrics of the chorus.....

"No candidate would I support
    His platform could I endorse
    Another accomplice slinging dirt
    Campaign promises falling short
    I don't belong to any race
    Pledge allegiance to a place
    No borderline in the sand I'd trace
    I'm just a sucker for a pretty face"

then the chorus....

"When heavy is the weight of the world
    And the river runs a little too deep
    Like a hound dog chasing a bird
    Sometimes a certain tom's gotta peep
    I'm a peek-a-boy, looking at girls
    And I think I like, I think I like, I like what I see"

........ (in my best Dr. Evil voice) Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight??

He's talkin about politics, then a dog chasing a bird. And that's about the lust over women? First off, when a dog chases a bird, it's not so that it can have sex with it. It's to kill it. Understand my confusion?

As for Amsterdam, any song with the words Wam Bam, should be re-written. As for the worst lyrics, I'd say that award goes to........ SOURCE OF INFECTION. Why you ask? Allow me to show you why......

"Take one
    (One, two three, four)

Hey!
    Alright!
    Woo!
    How 'bout 'cha now, come on!
    Oh yeah!
    Dig it! That's right
    Is everybody ready? Let's go!

(Movin' up and down) Up 'n down
    (Round and round) Oh, round and round
    (Movin' up and down) In 'n out
    (Round and round) Yeow!

Crank it! Blow out!
    Uh! Ouch!
    Help me
    Now flip on over
    Oh baby, you know that I like it
    (Woop! Woop! Woop!)"

......... I'm stopping at the "Woop, Woop's" That is worst piece of writing by a collective band since I saw the lyrics to the song "I Hate Jimmy Page". Enough said. It's not all Sam's fault cause they all wrote it, but he's the one who sang it. If I were Sam, I'd have said, "NOPE! Not gonna sing words. It's just stupid. Like rap. Get it?"..... but that's just me.

------------------
    Right Now..... you need to Eat Us And Smile!!!

"A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while." Nuke LaLoosh

"You say you don't wanna dance,
    Honey listen to me.
    Shut your mouth and hit the floor."

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My god, Hagar's lyrics are so fucking cheesy. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being. But, Roth is the BOMB! That fucker sure knows how to write great lyrics. And he sings them with great attitude too. Dave and Sammy are like night and day dudes. And Gary? Some are weird, some are cheesy(HOW MANY SAY I), and some are pretty fucking great!(BALLOT OR THE BULLET)Peace out wam bam oh amsterdamn(great lyric....NOT)

Ed6150
    Look Glenn , I am not starting a war here , I just think AMSTERDAM is a great piece of music and IMO Sam ruined the song thats all .
    BTW , I don't hate Van Hagar , I grew up on that stuff but IMO it is not as good as the 6 albums with dave . That is not a slam just a opinion , you can say Dave sucks , I am fine with somebody saying that . It's only music . There is no hidden agenda here guys .

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Don't misunderstand me, everyone is welcome to hold any opinion that they want, yourself included Ed6150. But you've been around here long enough to know that a topic like this will ruffle some feathers. Me, I've got no feathers.

wam bam oh amsterdamn
    Youre not fooling anyone ed6150

Ed6150
    Ok Glenn , BTW Wham Bam , I like Sam ALOT ok , but I KNOW he could have come up with better lyrics than that OK . So did Eddie V .
    FORD said BIG FAT MONEY blowed lyrics wise , that is one of my fave tracks off of BALANCE , I did not come after FORD for saying that . Just don't take stuff personal , I do sometimes , I know it's hard man . PEACE

Ed6150
    Look Wam Bam , thats all you get OK , you don;t like something I post , I noticed you have been here a short time and you already act like you own the place.

Stop bitching and lighten up

[This message has been edited by Ed6150 (edited July 31, 2000 at 09:47 PM).]