Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

'91 Tour and the '94 Tour--both of these a here world extravaganzaz were peppered with live DLR solo jive...the ALAE tour had an amazing setlist, including blues jams like Got My Mojo Workin' in the middle of Yankee Rose and plenty of Roth harmonica--he'd even throw in a lil' Mustang Sally nah an' then...the guitarist for that tour was pretty weak IMHO tho'...YFLM--lots of mofos 'round here rag on thiz album, but if you saw this tour, theze toons sounded sweet all vetted and heated up live--again great setlist and if u dig them blues, Terry Kilgore or Rocket R. were very blues-based and stellar...nah, bruthaz and sistahz are always talkin' 'bout how most of the 20 somethinz and 30 somethinz up in here grew up with Van Hagar--you got to hear Sambo half-ass his way thru classic Van Halen cuts--so blast up to '99, '01 an' '02 an' obviously Diamond Dave wants to remind the world he is THE singer, he's the voice of America's Led Zeppelin...and on the '99 Tour, he used a lotta classic one-liners, cooked up some new ones an' played Slam Dunk(early)...in '01 and early '02, his setlist changed enough--he stared revvin' up monster cuts like Romeo Delight and D.O.A. and Bottom's Up. I'm thinkin' thousands of Van Halen fans at the Sam and Dave shows this summa never caught DLR live in '99-'02, so hats off to Jim Dandy, Jr. for trottin' out an even better guitarist(Brian Young reminds me of a Vai talent but Brat Walsh was all Joe Holmes), a smokin' setlist(CRADLE, I'M THE ONE YEZ YEZ YEZ), and a no-nonsense, I'm gwine-a rock this houz down to the last brick I am the BRICK HOUSE no holds barred attitude ALL HELL YEAH!!!!! And maybe he's leaving out all the stories and bluesisms and rnbcrunchfunk beltin' to keep his voice(which is in it's best shape since '91 or '96) good an' strong. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Blind Willie is always right on !! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Do I hear a big HELL YEAH !! out there now...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

HELL YEAH!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner\'s Swing-Top Jimmy
    Last Online

10.19.07 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AWWWWWWWWWW YAYYUHHH!!! That's whut I'm talkin bout! Yez, yez, crazay muh fuh's aww cummin roun sayin dat da dimen one haz been washed up be fo tawkin out day azz...... Awwwww reep!!! (Personal tribute to the blind one! Rock on Willie, you is a hizzoot!) Peace.......Awwwww Jimay!!!
    "Be yourself, even if you have to fake it"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

The '91 Tour never made it my way, but YFLM Tour made it to a club here in '94 and Dave delivered the goods! I caught both EEAS and Skyscraper tours as well and I have to say that the Skyscraper show in '88 was the best Dave solo show overall. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

03.03.11 @ 01:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm surprised Dave never released a official live album, either with VH or solo, any thoughts on why and do you think he taped any of the shows on those earlier tours?
    It's good to be the King or at least know him.

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He wouldn't have a presiding vote for a VH live album since he's just a former lead singer. And I guess he doesn't think much of his live stuff, or maybe just live stuff in general.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw all of the tours and I thought he was great on all of them.
    I agree with Willy !
    The only thing lacking on the 94 tour was a quality guitarist.
    Kilgore just didnt cut it for me.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

everybody wants some
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    --so blast up to '99, '01 an' '02 an' obviously Diamond Dave wants to remind the world he is THE singer, he's the voice of America's Led Zeppelin...and on the '99 Tour, he used a lotta classic one-liners, cooked up some new ones an' played Slam Dunk(early)...in '01 and early '02, his setlist changed enough--he stared revvin' up monster cuts like Romeo Delight and D.O.A. and Bottom's Up. I'm thinkin' thousands of Van Halen fans at the Sam and Dave shows this summa never caught DLR live in '99-'02
    Caught Dave on the Slam Dunk Tour of 2000. He was amazing - maybe even better than the current tour. There was no competition with lame VH replacement singers, nothing to prove to no one. Just mighty ol' Diamond David Lee Roth sauntering onto stage nice and relaxed like he's the king of the world (and really he is, isn't he) and doing his thing comfortable, slow and easy. I'll never forget it.
    ...what do you do when the bureaucracy that's supposed to help you...WANTS YOU DEAD? <a href="http://www.callumhouston.com" target="_blank">www.callumhouston.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:52 PM
    Liked 570 Times in 311 Posts

Donor

I saw Dave in 94, and he was great. His band was weak, but after opening with Big Train, and he yelled, "Let's take the train to Panama", it didn't matter. The place went nuts and it felt like Van Halen all over again.
    He still had his scream back then, too. Guess that was the last hurrah for it.
    He played like, 8-9 VH tunes, the rest his own, or covers like California Girls.
    Really turned up the volume for Jump as the last song.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    I do believe the EEAS an' Skyscraper tours were the best DLR gigs, but I was talkin' 'bout the 90's, canyadiggit? I saw a bootleg from '86 where Roth cooked up "Atomic Punk"--bet that was sweet wit Screamin' Stevie Vai!! I also saw a tune from the Skyscraper tour mentioned a lot--"The City"--is that supposed to be,"I'll Go Crazy," from James Brown ala the Milan, Italy '88 show? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]