Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Every now and then I come across posts on the Van Halen forums that include signatures to the effect of "Van Halen is Dave Eddie Micahel And Alex... End of Discussion... Eat em and Smile... etc etc. Roth fans are like homosexuals around here, overly vocal about being who they are... but that's not my point.

What I want explained is why you supposedly don't pay attention to Van Halen without Dave, but you DO pay attention to Dave without Van Halen. Your signatures are an obvious tribute to Roth's backing band in 86... the only band other than Van Halen that has ever written good music with him. Its pretty obvious to me that its the band writing the music, the obvious source of the popularity for him to ride. There's no way to deny it... post Vai era, Roth had and still has the popularity status of Punky Brewster. So here's the thing... why not pay attention to the people making the music... worry about what Eddie, Mike, Alex, Vai, and Sheenan or doing... (or not doing... and just move on to somewhere else) and shoot that gimp horse before he falls down right out from under you.

Please, at least consider it... its the only humane thing to do.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I never thought it would happen, but FINALLY----YES!!!!!!! Somehow, Punky Brewster made it into the Links!!!

Next thing you know, there will be an outcry for a Color Me Badd reunion.....

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The other day I made what I thought was an impressive Gary Coleman reference, but I'll be the first to admit that the Punky Brewster reference tops the Gary one.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well i think the dave van halen IS the ONLY van halen i care to hear.thats my opinion and although i dont have any of that at the bottom of my posts i see nothing wrong with it!!!if people want to state that at the bottom of posts that BELONG to them...more power to them,infact after reading this i may put that at the bottom of my posts just for spite.
    If dave didnt put anything into the writting,then YOU explain to me why the music got soft with hagar while VH and dave ROCKED!!One more thing this group has went through 3 singerss,but surely it was all the fault of the singers!!yeah,right.

VAN HALEN: david lee roth/lead vocals
    eddie van halen/lead guitar
    alex van halen/drums
    mike anthony/bass,b.u. voc.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats hillarious.

------------------
    " When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my ass" Bobby Knight

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

one more thing, i dont think the sig. you are seeing is eeas(eatem and smile its probably either E.U.A.S eat us and smile...from the people of the mighty dlrarmy.or...E.B.A.S from the sex crazed maniacs(myself included)who freqent the eat britney and smile thread.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by naconajnix:
    Your signatures are an obvious tribute to Roth's backing band in 86... the only band other than Van Halen that has ever written good music with him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a statement from a man who's never been properly exposed to ALAE, obviously.

Now, I'm a big Dave fan, but I'm no Rothling. I like Dave with whatever band he's with (some more than others) and I like Van Halen with whatever singer they're with (some more than others).

If you take the name argument (it's only VH with Dave) to seriously, here's what you've got: NOTHING. It's saying that Van Halen isn't the name of a band, but rather the 4 personalities together that are Van Halen. Well, over the course of 15 years those personalities have changed. Even if you put them back together, it's not Van Halen.

Now, we all know that that's a lot of crap. Van Halen is a band that changes vocalists too often.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I really don't understand how some of you can tune out when the Roth era ended. It blows my mind...I don't know what to say. You basically hate Van Halen.

------------------
    2711 Don't ever drink anything you can't see through.
    "Call Me Sir God Damn It!"

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote: "What I want explained is why you supposedly don't pay attention to Van Halen without Dave, but you DO pay attention to Dave without Van Halen."

I discovered VH with the release of Fair Warning and was hooked. I have the first 6 albums and have seen the original four in concert several times. These four men, to me, are Van Halen.

When the group split up, I chose to leave with Dave. This is why I don't acknowledge the other incarnations of VH, and this is why I have supported Dave's solo efforts. Is that logical? Maybe not. To me, Dave completed Van Halen. I'm not saying Dave IS Van Halen, but he completed the group.

Most of you decided to continue with Sammy (and some with Gary). Some of you haven't followed Dave's solo career. This doesn't bother me...it's the choice you made, just as I have made mine. Have I missed out on some good music? Probably, but I can't bring myself to buy the other eras...I know, I know...kind of silly, huh? Blind loyalty to a total stranger...oh well.

Guess you either love Dave or you hate him.

To me, looking beyond the music...is the attitude. I love Dave's vibe of positivity...that's with him no matter what band he's in and that's one of the reasons I choose to follow Dave.

That's my explanation, and I'm sticking to it.

------------------
    "My belligerent enthusiasm is as optimistic as ever" - DLR

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well said kat. van halen was greater than thier separate parts. to me, dave w/o VH is mediocre and VH w/o roth the same.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    I never thought it would happen, but FINALLY----YES!!!!!!! Somehow, Punky Brewster made it into the Links!!!

Next thing you know, there will be an outcry for a Color Me Badd reunion..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't toy with my emotions, like that Abe.

Anyway, might I add Webster (Popadopalos) [Awwwwww yeah, Down In Falmes KNOWS his old school television shows. ] to the "How The Hell Can You Remember Them" list?

(Word, to that fine-ass mother of Webster's, too... "Maam." LOL. )

------------------
    "Fuck you. I give you my ass." - Rick S' dog, as interpreted by track 5

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

to me dave edd alex and mike are the only "true"VH there ever was,anything done by either afterwards was something totally different.i aint saying i didnt like some of there songs but that aint the point!other than van halen bein edd and alex last name i think dave had as much of a right to the BAND name van halen as anybody

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kat:
    Quote: Guess you either love Dave or you hate him.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think alot of people like all era's, but have there favs.

I like both Dave and Sam. (not Gary though)

------------------
    Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
    UN: vhlinks
    PW: vhlinks

Baluchitherium
    G4
    "back to you, underpants" -Big Red Allan

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NACOJINX
    if you hate dave so much or the refrence of dave being praised, so much on this site.
    get use to it this is a van halen fan site.
    3 singers.
    obviously there isnt going to be a equal amount of like or dislike for all the members.
    im a roth van halen fan
    i enjoyed some of sammys work with van halen and liked two songs of vh3 prodject.

but comeing in here stiring up the poop is uncalled for

everyday theres something to disagree about on here, but hey .
    its no big thing.
    daves mouth with van halen rocked harder and was fun. and is and allways will be kickass music.
    sammy brought to the table power ballads
    and gary brought in a huge set of balls trying to fill shoes of sammy and dave.
    we all give each other shit one time or another in good fun, but you seem so determined to change our minds about dave.
    sorry for you.
    and just the tone of your post make me sense someone who is big fan of sammy or something and feels disrespected cause no ones listening.
    quit causeing a shit and just join in on post and post decent post and have fun, were not here to fight.

------------------
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahhh, homophobia rears its head again on Links in the form of Naco.

As for Naco's question, to me 1984's response -- that Van Halen was greater than the sum of its parts, and Van Hagar etc. simply was not -- is the answer.