Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.26.09 @ 12:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been viewing VH Links for about 6 months now, searching for clues and leaks as to what the hell is going on in the Van Halen camp. I've seen some intellectual and humorous comments and/or speculations regarding the staus of VH; I've also seen some... well lets say not the brightest comments as well (just an opinion). I had my personal take as to what is going on behind the doors of the 5150 studio (or wherever those doors maybe). So without further ado, I give one man's opinion/speculation.
    1. We all know that Michael and the Brothers are not the best of friends with Mr. Roth. Hence conflict of interest.
    2. Business 101: The number one reason for business failure: Poor Management.
    3. Money: This topic could go on forever, but when you make 20 million a year (just a number I threw out there), and go to 5 million, that's 15 million dollars of lost income.
    3a. Contracts and endorsement deals: I'm sure that Alex, Mike, and Ed have certain stipulations in their contracts and endorsements stating that they have to play live in front of x amount of people, sell x amount of records to gain certain percentages of their contracts and endorsements.
    3b. Lawyers, accountants, agents, and lawsuits: You have too many parties involved for one entity with different goals. This is probably one of the main reasons for the delay and/or internal problems. As for lawsuits, they probably have them as do most failed business ventures... but who knows.
    4. Personal and health issues: They're human just like the rest of us. The two keys to survival in our world is HEALTH and HAPPINESS.

That is just one man's thoughts regarding the situation within the Van Halen camp. For all we know everything could be just peachie with Van Halen. It's their lives, not ours or anyone else for that matter. I'm sure when they have everything in order and are fully ready, we here will be one of the first to know. Thanks for the time to read this thread, and I hope we will have all the Van Halen we can handle.

Very truly yours,

Tav

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great post-welcome aboard
    And you even knew which forum to put it in...nice going

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I like what you said about the lost income. You can't help but wonder how it affects a musical entity the size of Van Halen. I mean, 500 000 records sold is a lot, but it's looked upon as a massive failure next to the previous sales the band has enjoyed. Same thing with concert attendance. Most bands would kill to play a 20 000 seat arena and fill it three quarters full, but for Van Halen that just looks bad. Bands always say that same cliche, "I don't care if it sells ten copies or ten million copies", but it obviously matters once it's released.

Anyways, welcome to the show Tav.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey thanks for taking the time to read my lenghty post... it's greatly appreciated. I think that too many people miss the point.

Tav

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Keep in mind, where there's income, there's also expenses. it costs a hell of a lot of money to put out a quality album and then do a monster tour. Those things are not gimmes for any recording artist - Van Halen included. They've got a checkbook just like the rest of us. We may not make what they do in a year, but we also don't spend what they do either. The money issue is very important.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW....The original Van Halen is working together somewhere....
    RIGHT NOW.... I think I better buy some new shorts to change into....
    "Kissing my ass won't do anything but give you bad breath." -sherman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya know, not many people thought aboot the possible reunion from a financial point of view (good post dude). But, that is because nobody wants to think that VH is "doin it for the money". Hey, look what happened to Metallica. Hopefully, Van Halen is thinkin aboot the money aboot as much as we have been (not much).

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Welcome Tav. Out

O.AD.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 974 Times in 391 Posts

cool! someone with intellectual capacity!

welcome tav!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.22.10 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome aboard Tav ! Thumbs up for you !

------------------
    Eddie_italian from Italy --- member of the G4

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Welcome to the VH Discussion Board, Tav.
    Glad to see we have someone new with some good insights instead of the clowns that make a mockery of things.

------------------
    May the Phoenix that is Van Halen rise again!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Nice lead off post Tav, welcome, and don't be a stranger.

I think that somewhere in your post could be the truth as to what is going on/ taking so long. Money and other business type things could be the hold up. The music could also be the hold up, hell it could be anything.
    Hopefully we all know soon!

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics

I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

06.07.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't really know much about this subject, but if Van Halen is involved in a lawsuit that is big enough to delay the recording and release of a new album, wouldn't this become public knowledge? If someone files for a lawsuit doesn't this go into public records or something like that? It seems like there are lawsuits going on all the time between artists and record companies, management, etc. and the media at least knows of the existence of a lawsuit. Now this is complete speculation, I have no knowledge of this type of stuff, but to me it seems unlikely that they could be involved in a big lawsuit and it not be reported on to some extent.

------------------
    "Now what you think is nothin' might be somethin' after all" -Mean Street

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey tav, glad you decided to register.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tav, great post buddy, but no offense, anyone with any intelligence has thought about all the possibilities you posted and thats what scares me.

If this is done just for the money it wont matter and wont kick ass. It will suck.

I have always said that if Eddie and Dave cant be friends again and work together for "their" reasons, doing it for WB's wont work. It will be forced at best if at all, It wont last. All it will take is for Dave to be Dave at a concert, in the studio, or at a press conference for Eddie to get pissed off.

MOney is the key to all evil. If Eddie and Alex bring Dave back just because they want to sell more records or to meet an ultimatum by WB's, then this is just a farce.

My dream, and it may just be that for most of us, is that Dave and Eddie decide they are best for each other, and its a permanent reunion, not just the latest singer.

If it comes down to lawsuits or anything other than these guys coming to terms, were all fucked.

Glad to see some someone else thinking, but your're not alone. NO offense.

Big D

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm reception. Mostly everyone responded to my comments regarding the money issue, but as I also stated in my thread surronding their issue's was "personal and health issue's". So, I as well know that it all just can't be about the money, but let me reiterate one more time regarding the money. Big bands (i.e. Stones, Aerosmith, and even The Supremes) are big entities; there are so many people involved. All I'm trying say is that the 4 Van Halen members are not the only ones involved in business decision's. Other people involved have just as much responsibility as they do. Regarding lawsuits, trust me, I'm sure they have a few. Whether it's SRO, Gary Cherone, Mike Post, Donn Landee... who knows, maybe neither of these parties. Like I said before, personal and health issues... isn't public knowledge that Alex went through an extremly bitter divorce with someone who is related to Ray Danniels. I don't know about you, but most of the people I know who have gone through divorce's, end up in court.
    Well, thanks again for the replies and great reception I received.

Take care everyone,

Tav