Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

I started this topic because I'm interested in your opinions. As we get closer to 2003, I've seen some posts mentioning VH being inducted next year. Being a huge VH fan, I would vote them in on the first ballot. But since I and many of you don't get a vote, do you think that Van Halen is a lock for the Hall of Fame in their first year of elligibility? I'm not talking about what WE think but what the voters would think. Remember, there are some great bands out their that are not in the HOF or didn't get voted in the first time.

Here we have Van Halen, which in 1984 and 1995 would seem like a lock. Then, the wheels fell off the bus and it's been downhill ever since. The past 3 years, they have done absolutely nothing besides the remasters. Now, I understand that Eddie had cancer but the music world doesn't stop for anybody.

Like I said, with the number of albums that they have sold worldwide, their peak popularity, their musicianship, their showmanship and their ability to survive the first lead singer change, I believe that is enough to get in.

What do folks think?
    It will be interesting to see what the voters think about them.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Until the RRHOF gets it into its head that music is about the people and the people who make the music for those people, the RRHOF can FUCK right on off! It's nothing more than a bunch of fucking suits and that Rolling Stone cocksucker having their own little pow wow to tell who they think is cool or not. Rolling Stone will drag a band through the mud, and then want to put them on the cover if they ever make it so they can sell magazines. VH would do well to follow Ozzy's lead and tell the RRHOF to shove it up their ass. We the fans know VH's relevance in the whole scheme of music. I don't need some fuckstick, who can afford to piss off 1500 bucks to go a ceremony he probably doesn't even want to be at, telling me how vital VH was to my life and many others. One more thing,FUCK the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by WARHEAD:
    Until the RRHOF gets it into its head that music is about the people and the people who make the music for those people, the RRHOF can FUCK right on off! It's nothing more than a bunch of fucking suits and that Rolling Stone cocksucker having their own little pow wow to tell who they think is cool or not. Rolling Stone will drag a band through the mud, and then want to put them on the cover if they ever make it so they can sell magazines. VH would do well to follow Ozzy's lead and tell the RRHOF to shove it up their ass. We the fans know VH's relevance in the whole scheme of music. I don't need some fuckstick, who can afford to piss off 1500 bucks to go a ceremony he probably doesn't even want to be at, telling me how vital VH was to my life and many others. One more thing,FUCK the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
    LMFAO!!!! Don't hold back, now tell us how you really feel.