Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eddie's pretty tight with Steve Lukather and I saw this at MelodicRock: (Read in bold)

STEVE LUKATHER SAYS NEW TOTO ALBUM IS KILLER!:
    I mailed Steve Lukather for my usual Toto album update and got another great reply.
    Steve said: "Things are great. The new CD is killer....It's all good here and I am very excited about the new CD. I just wish we could agree on a title. That's real hard and then the cover art and then we gotta get this sucker out before the summer so our work is cut out for us!"
    On the subject of recent record label upheavals and the band's own decision to go it alone, Steve added: "Fuck all these major labels. I predict they will all be dead in 5 years. Licensing is the future. That's what were doing territory by territory. I don't need some asswipe, zit faced 20 year old A+R puke telling ME how to make records!"
    Couldn't agree more Steve!

Added to Toto's Official Website this week, was this update:
    The new Toto album is almost finished. 11 tracks have been recorded but the CD will probably only have 10 tracks with a bonus cut for Japan. Simon and Luke will have done their parts before they leave for Japan with David finishing some vocals or keyboard parts.
    David Paich is singing one song so far "in Leon Russell style", as Luke put it.
    Bobby and Luke share the lead on the other tracks, with Bobby singing most of the songs.
    So far, Luke is singing three songs. To keep the "old" Toto vibe for this album, some special guest musicians have been invited to join them. Next week, Lenny Castro will put some percussion on.
    And former Toto member Steve Porcaro will also appear on several tracks. "Steve Porcaro is back helping out with the synths which has added a touch that we haven't had for awhile. It's great to have him back if only for a minute", says Steve Lukather.
    Toto hope to be releasing the album in May with possibly a single up front, followed by a world tour, but no dates or venues have been confirmed so far.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Translation: "Toto" is another one of these fake bands with one or two original members left who sound NOTHING like the real band and just can't imagine why the major labels aren't interested.

I can't think of one band that has kept it's lineup intact that was dropped by their label. Just these jokes who think everyone's interchangeable.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe all those bands can start their own label and call it "County Fair Tour Records"!
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by The Full BuD:
    Maybe all those bands can start their own label and call it "County Fair Tour Records"!
    Too late. Most of them are already on CMC International
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Well CMC may be the all night burger joint of record labels but at least the artists on there are putting out music even if it's to a less then receptive public. Where's Van Halen these days?
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

11.02.05 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

they would at best make a lateral move.

likely they would trade-down. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

most big labels are owned or connected to the time-warner juggernaught.
    UP FRONT FANATIC....!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

"last night at the hotel bar i was drinking with my girlfriend, when the woman that was serving drinks says to my girlfriend: " if i was dating this guy i'd poison his drink", i said : 'bitch!!- if i was your boyfriend i'd fuckin' drink it!" "

dlr- june 84

Last Online

11.02.05 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mario VH:
    Well CMC may be the all night burger joint of record labels but at least the artists on there are putting out music even if it's to a less then receptive public. Where's Van Halen these days?
    good point, no one not even some hokey fly-by night outfit where ed pays for everything himself anyway will sign him till there is a SINGER in the band.
    UP FRONT FANATIC....!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

"last night at the hotel bar i was drinking with my girlfriend, when the woman that was serving drinks says to my girlfriend: " if i was dating this guy i'd poison his drink", i said : 'bitch!!- if i was your boyfriend i'd fuckin' drink it!" "

dlr- june 84