Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 630 Times in 294 Posts

No matter what VH does with a singer they are not going to please everyone. If they got DLR back that would probably please the majority but if you don't please yourselves first you can't please others. It sucks that people bash the shit out of them if they make a move they don't agree with especially since they have given everyone just good times and pleasure with there music over the years. If you didn't like Gary or VHIII there's no need to bash Gary or VH. VhIII was a different sounding album then we are used to yes but whose to say they wouldn't go right back to an "early sound" on the next album. Some people complained that Gary ruined the old school songs but these are the same people that were dying to hear some classics that Sammy wouldn't sing. So VH played them last time around and people still bashed them. Ed Al Mike if your out there... do what you want hire whatever singer you want. I just hope your back soon. Dying for some new music...and hey if I don't like the singer or the music I just won't listen not bash ya. If I had a vote I'd say get Gary back but his new band is pretty damn good and I wouldn't leave if I were him!
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No they won't please anyone but they won't have a hit record either. I agree that if the music is top notch I really don't care who's singing. But dude, we are in the minority. They need another commercial success to get the buzz about VH going again. Unfortunately that means DLR or Sam. Along with good music they have to do something to make the news because they're on a downward spiral after VH3 flopped.
    I'm a big Dave fan and would love to see him back. I could tolerate Sam coming back. I want good VH music period so I could deal with singer #4. But it won't work in today's maket. VH is looked at as a "dinosaur band". They need to get people talking again and for that to happen it's gotta be good shit w/ Dave or Sam.
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

I couldn't agree with you more Mike. Excellent post. Rock on brother!!!
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 630 Times in 294 Posts

Jdogg I understand what you mean about VH creating a buzz by getting DLR back or Sam for that matter. It would be cool if every time you turned on MTV they were talking about VH like they do now for Nsync or Britney (although Britney's a hottie and Im all for it!) but I think it would fade fast. Most of there fan base probably doesn't even know who VH are.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exactly my point. I brought it up before. They need to saturate the market and get the current bands talking about them. That will turn on the new fan base that isn't familiar with VH. A lot of others have done it and Ozzy has kept his career going with things like Ozfest. You think any bands on that bill will slam him?
    If the current crop of "rock stars" like Incubus or Kid Rock or Disturbed talk about how cool VH is, it can only mean good PR for VH.
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by jdogg5150:
    Exactly my point. I brought it up before. They need to saturate the market and get the current bands talking about them. That will turn on the new fan base that isn't familiar with VH. A lot of others have done it and Ozzy has kept his career going with things like Ozfest. You think any bands on that bill will slam him?
    If the current crop of "rock stars" like Incubus or Kid Rock or Disturbed talk about how cool VH is, it can only mean good PR for VH.
    I'm afraid this would be a tough-sell though. As was mentioned earlier, like it or not, the majority of the public, media and music world have pretty much already buried Van Halen, and at this point really DO consider them a classic rock "dinosaur". Yeah, I know that couldn't be further from the truth, but trust me, that's the way it IS. At this point, as "Van Halen", their chances would lie soley upon reuniting with either Dave or Sammy, and even if this highly unlikely scenario were to finally take place, does anyone really think it would last much longer than one record and tour?

The Ozzy analogy is interesting, but flawed. There are several major differences between Ozzy and Van Halen. First off, Ozzy has always been first and foremost a solo act that has had a virtual revolving door of musicians, save the Ozzman himself of course, since it first began. Van Halen has always been identified as a BAND whose individual members have all been vital components of the group's collective identity. Then there's the BIGGEST difference... Ozzy has his wife Sharon, a freakin' PR & Promotional GENIUS, running his career with awesome efficiency and always managing to succeed in the formidable task of saving Ozzy from himself and keeping his notoriously wandering focus on the business of being "Ozzy". This is in stark contradiction to Van Halen, who if they actually even HAVE anyone running their PR & Promotional department, are currently paying for UTTER incompetence.

Here's an idea... let Sharon Osbourne manage Van Halen! I guarantee you she'd whip all their asses into shape and deflate the egos in question to a far more managable size with a QUICKNESS. If she can manage to keep someone like Ozzy ALIVE, let alone relevant and more profitable than ever for this long, what do you suppose she could do for VH?

I say we start a petition... lol

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't agree more SBS. I know Ozzy was a reach as an analogy but I wanted to show that you have to at least be in the minds of the current musicians.
    PR is the biggest problem. Is that Ed's fault? I think it is. He needs an aggresive staff that will get them on TV and in Mags again. And to do a VH1 type special w/ new bands talking about them.
    It has to be Dave or Sam again because they will get that much needed exposure and peer praise.
    I think it could work but it would have to be done correctly. Also Ed needs to let go of the reigns and admit he's out of his league right now.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Love the signature atomicpunk5150!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by jdogg5150:
    I couldn't agree more SBS. I know Ozzy was a reach as an analogy but I wanted to show that you have to at least be in the minds of the current musicians.
    PR is the biggest problem. Is that Ed's fault? I think it is. He needs an aggresive staff that will get them on TV and in Mags again. And to do a VH1 type special w/ new bands talking about them.
    It has to be Dave or Sam again because they will get that much needed exposure and peer praise.
    I think it could work but it would have to be done correctly. Also Ed needs to let go of the reigns and admit he's out of his league right now.
    Van Halen just needs a real, take-no-bullshit MANAGER, with balls of brass, and I don't care what it says on her birth certificate, Sharon Osbourne has a HUGE set of brass cajones! How else could she have managed to deal so effectively with Ozzy for so long?

Taking on Van Ego along with Ozzy might be too daunting a task even for her, but I can't think of anyone more qualified to handle it. PR Mastermind and Manager Extraordinaire, she's exactly the type of manager Van Halen would need IF they even have the hunger to become the World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll band again.

*Sigh* I can at least dream, dammit...

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

God I hate to agree with Baa Baa Brownsheep....

But Sharon Osbourne might just be the best manager Van Halen could have. I'm sure she could get it through Eddie's head that he alone is NOT the entire fucking band, Dave would be back, and there would be a platinum album within 3 months.

Brett... see if you can get the Osbourne's number from directory assistance (tell them you're a guitarist who wants to audition for Ozzy's band or something) [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:

But Sharon Osbourne might just be the best manager Van Halen could have. I'm sure she could get it through Eddie's head that he alone is NOT the entire fucking band
    Who knows, she may even be able to convince Roth of the same thing!

Thanks for the support, we sheep need to stick together, no matter which flock we inhabit.

SBS

[ February 19, 2002 at 07:36 AM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]</p>
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FORD:

But Sharon Osbourne might just be the best manager Van Halen could have. I'm sure she could get it through Eddie's head that he alone is NOT the entire fucking band
    Who knows, she may even be able to convince Roth of the same thing!
    Ohh my God: A cockford and a sheep speaking without insult?...this is a first!
    Actually: I love it..this is true. Sharon would be a great PR/manager to get things rolling OUR WAY! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Thanks for the support, we sheep need to stick together, no matter which flock we inhabit.

SBS
    </font>[/QUOTE]
    Just go for it!