Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VH is through

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.15.05 @ 06:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry guys, but Van Halen is over. They have officially fallen below the radar. This is no longer a rescue mission. It is officially a salvage mission to find and pick up the bodies.

The interest in this band is dead, and they will never fill a stadium arena again. It's so sad, but they waited way too long. Blame Eddie. He didn't have the guts to give another CD a try with Gary, even if he did suck on the 1st attempt. I don't know if Dave is back or not, but they just waited too long. Like I said months ago, nothing will happen in 2000, and now I say nothing will happen in 2001 either.

Time to move on to my next guitar hero.

See Ya.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Allied Forces- Your infantry unit might have sunk but I am pretty certain that my forces will find the M.I.A.'s from Pasadena.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

yeah, they're soo below radar that Dave was just on the cover of a magazine

they're soo below radar that VH1 plays a Van Halen video at LEAST once a week.

they're soo below radar that Warner Brothers is releasing remastered versions of their first 6 albums

they're soo below radar that KISS plays Van Halen "1" before every show on the house PA

they're soo below radar that we heard/saw two references to them on Mtv's vmas the other night....

damn... they must be cloaked!

------------------
    "Do you believe??
    Tell me you believe!"-Me Wise Magic

Eat us and Smile por favor~!

VH files--The truth IS out there..

www.dlrarmy.com
    www.houseofhain.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.21.10 @ 06:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hain, Man, I love you. I pray evey night that they will be back. It might not be popular and they might not have a great impact, but a couple more albums will make me very happy. God, I can still remember jumping off the stage in middle school doing flying eddies and breaking a chalk board when Fair Warning came out. Now I'd just break my leg, but it would be worth it!!
    later.

[This message has been edited by Tommy (edited September 12, 2000 at 04:20 PM).]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

'Cause MTV says so! Where's my Britney Spears? This should be Boy Band Links! 'Cause MTV says so!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allied Forces:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Even if you are right, I won't be moving on and leaving Van Halen behind. Eddie has created many years of meaningful music that I'll enjoy forever.

Having said that, I don't think Van Halen is through. They may have fallen below the radar, but I have yet to hear them hit the ground.

Georgie, lead on my friend.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, they're soo below radar that Dave was just on the cover of a magazine

(I can really imagine how many copies of that magazine sold due to Dave's image... 2.. .maybe 3? That magazine sells on subscription alone, and should anyone here actually have one, you should be ashamed. It should go without saying the article was not exactly a tribute to Roth OR Van Halen either)

they're soo below radar that VH1 plays a Van Halen video at LEAST once a week.

(VH1's regular programming includes all kinds of artists you haven't heard from in the past decade... what's your point)

they're soo below radar that Warner Brothers is releasing remastered versions of their first 6 albums

(That no one will buy. The only people going to pick up those albums are Van Halen fanatics looking for something else to put on the shelf and not touch. However, so far the only logic behind the Roth reunion being true is the release of the remasters, and the fact that Roth isn't rattling off at the mouth like a jackass... well, like more of a jackass)

they're soo below radar that KISS plays Van Halen "1" before every show on the house PA

(Notice... Kiss concert. The people paid money to see... Kiss. Anyone home McFly? )

they're soo below radar that we heard/saw two references to them on Mtv's vmas the other night....

(Yes, its great to be insulted before a national audience. Please, someone insult me on MTV too!)

Man... the people around here... so much faith in a band it blinds them. I love Van Halen as much as the next guy but geez, be realistic. Is Van Halen through? I doubt it. Is their name as unrecognizable in today's pop culture as Flock of Seagulls? YES. They can either put up or shutup -- remedy the situtation to the best extent possible, or fade away.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
    (Yes, its great to be insulted before a national audience. Please, someone insult me on MTV too!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to look to MTV for insults I'm sure somebody around here will insult you soon enough.
    Oh and Allied Forces you might want to check your radar cause it's broken.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh,nevermind, not worth my time!

Favorite VH Album

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Van who?

------------------
    Not dead which eternal lie
    Stranger eons death may die
    H.P. Lovecraft

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Sorry guys, but Van Halen is over. They have officially fallen below the radar. This is no longer a rescue mission. It is officially a salvage mission to find and pick up the bodies.

The interest in this band is dead, and they will never fill a stadium arena again. It's so sad, but they waited way too long. Blame Eddie. He didn't have the guts to give another CD a try with Gary, even if he did suck on the 1st attempt. I don't know if Dave is back or not, but they just waited too long. Like I said months ago, nothing will happen in 2000, and now I say nothing will happen in 2001 either.

See Ya. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allied Forces, always ready with the optimism...

------------------
    "Fuck you. I give you my ass." - Rick S' dog, as interpreted by track 5

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go ahead and move on to your next guitar hero...who is it, C.C. DeVille?

Who needs fair weather fans like you. When VH comes back and blows everyone's fucking doors off, I don't want to see you back in here praising them. I'll remember you.

------------------
    "Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

Grateful Van Priest

[This message has been edited by CouldThisBeMagic (edited September 13, 2000 at 04:43 AM).]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry guys, but Van Halen is overTime to move on to my next guitar hero.

See Ya.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So move on already.......
    I just love optimists.......

VH's over cause Allied Forces said so....

Peace.OutMF*****

------------------
    "Eddie Van Halen? That man could play a symphony with his ass hairs"-some old man

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.15.05 @ 06:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fair Weather my Ass!!! I've spent more money on VH concerts, CD's, videos, guitars and lessons to make your heads spin. Eddie is definitely one of the reasons I play guitar today. However, as a band, they have let too much time pass to be a force in the music industry any more. It is going to be very difficult for them to sell another CD that even reaches 500M units, much less 1MM units (platinum).

How many years do you guys want to wait for them to put out something new? What is a realistic timeframe to put up with their lack of interest in their fans? A band is only as strong as its fans' support. That is where they are falling below the radar. Only fanatics that visit these websites give a shit. The Van Halen fans from the 80's and 90's have pretty much grown up and moved on. Teenagers hardly know who Eddie Van Halen is, and they certainly have no clue who Diamond Dave is. The saddest thing is that inferior bands like Aerosmith, AC-DC, Kiss, and Metallica are still in the forefront while the greatest rock & roll band ever has faded away by choice. Man, I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're done.

There is a difference between optimism and hallucinations. If you think they will be back on top in 2001, all of you are hallucinating.

See Ya.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I feel sorry for you man. Being a fan has nothing to do with how much money you spend on merchandise and concerts. It's about loving their music and making a spiritual connection with it. I don't give a shit how much bread you blow on stuff, and I'm sure the band doesn't either. That's for record execs to worry about. And if, as you say, Eddie was one of reasons you started playing guitar, and you then up and abondon him and his music for your next favorite guitar god shows a serious lack of respect to a man that has obviously had some influence over your life. He didn't ask to be your guitar god, pal.

So, good riddance. With fans like you, who needs music critics?

------------------
    "Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

Grateful Van Priest