Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy running his mouth has gotten so old lately. This latest New York Post/Page Six/Whatever piece is the worst yet.

Sam's insecurity is really showing lately. And I really have to give Dave credit for not sinking to his level and talking shit back. You know, maybe Dave's vocal chops are not what they used to be, but Sammy can't seem to handle the fact that Dave will always be considered a legend no matter what. Sammy will never be able to equal what Dave has done in his career, and that seems to be a huge chip on his shoulder. It's really just sad to see Sammy groveling in this way. I honestly really hope that if there is any reunion at this point, that it's not with Sam. This argument has been done already, I know. But Sam really needs to get that tequila bottle out of his ass and just shut up and play.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Sammy looks at the big picture and realizes that Dave stepped in the biggest pile of shit when Van Halen took him in. ( Remember, he first got in because he had his own PA equipment. He was not their singer of choice back in the day either.) Sammy must look at this guy and think he can not sing like Sammy ( Which we all know is true), he is not a musician like Sammy ( Which we all know is true), and he has not been in the business as long as Sammy. ( We all know this is true.) This is like Luis Sojo getting four world series rings because he plays for the Yankees. He did not get it for his outstanding talent like his starting teamates, he got it by association. The same applies. When Sammy joined Van Halen, he was also bigger than he ever was before and after his stay with the band. At least he was able to hold his own as a headliner before and after VH.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Puddin and Pie:
    I think Sammy looks at the big picture and realizes that Dave stepped in the biggest pile of shit when Van Halen took him in.
    Weird Analogy. You sure bout that one LOL

Sammy must look at this guy and think he can not sing like Sammy ( Which we all know is true)
    Technically no - but In his VH days DLR bought an important thing to the table - he has a unique and unmistakable voice, and an ability to weave lyrics into Eds guitar that noone else can compare to.

he is not a musician like Sammy ( Which we all know is true)
    Fair enough, although his jobs a vocalist, not a musician. I'm a technician, not an engineer. Similar thing, and I'm sure I do my job better than an engineer would.

and he has not been in the business as long as Sammy. ( We all know this is true.)
    Whats the relevence of that when both dudes have been at it for 20+ years?? Its kinda like arguing wether Mick Jagger or Pete Townshend have more music business savvy because one guys been in the game for what.. 40 years and the other for uuuhh.. 38 or something. Its pretty irrelevent. Suffice to say they've been around long enough to know the ropes!

This is like Luis Sojo getting four world series rings because he plays for the Yankees. He did not get it for his outstanding talent like his starting teamates, he got it by association.
    Now this is just silly. I know bugger all about baseball and this Sojo cat, but its pretty obviously an inference that DLR had no contribution to Roth-era VH. And only an idiot would argue that, which I'm sure your not.

Roth was all over the bands earlier work, and it extended way beyond his role as a vocalist, into the bands touring schedules and 'legalaities', the bands merchandising.. He was THE PR face of the band (for better or worse)... He had some hand in pretty near every aspect of the band's work. Eddies a stellar musician, and would have surely carved himself out a chapter in rock history some way or the other, but we'd be best to stick to facts - he did it with Dave, and Dave's contribution to getting VH out to the masses was... mammoth, so to speak.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by The Full BuD:
    Sammy running his mouth has gotten so old lately.
    No shit! And anytime anyone calls this him out on it, we are called Rothtards. I for one am a proud Rothtard, however, The shit Shammy has been spewing is getting old. I had respect for Sham before the tour, didn't like his music, but respected him a bit, but now he has turned into a loudmouth prick.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When Sammy joined Van Halen, he was also bigger than he ever was before and after his stay with the band. At least he was able to hold his own as a headliner before and after VH.
    yeah, MTM, Red Voodoo, and Ten 13 all did VH-style numbers... i'd say not so big after the split...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

VH was very, very, VERY lucky to get Dave into their band, and not the other way around.

To insinuate otherwise, speaks to ignorance of the music business.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by Goo:
    Now this is just silly. I know bugger all about baseball and this Sojo cat, but its pretty obviously an inference that DLR had no contribution to Roth-era VH. And only an idiot would argue that, which I'm sure your not.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that... If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, well, then it must be a fucking idiot!

Sounds like Pud-whacker and Pie is one of those dunces who wishes that his boy Sammy had been there from the beginning instead of Roth, to cheese up all of the early material.. Sorry dumbass, maybe you can get a multitrack recorder and splice in some "Cubic Zirconia Hagar" for your own personal listening pleasure...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Sammy looks at the big picture and realizes that Dave stepped in the biggest pile of shit when Van Halen took him in. ( Remember, he first got in because he had his own PA equipment. He was not their singer of choice back in the day either.) Sammy must look at this guy and think he can not sing like Sammy ( Which we all know is true), he is not a musician like Sammy ( Which we all know is true), and he has not been in the business as long as Sammy. ( We all know this is true.) This is like Luis Sojo getting four world series rings because he plays for the Yankees. He did not get it for his outstanding talent like his starting teamates, he got it by association. The same applies. When Sammy joined Van Halen, he was also bigger than he ever was before and after his stay with the band. At least he was able to hold his own as a headliner before and after VH.
    Pathetic argument. If you actually remember the band at the time, Dave was it. Eddie was known for his incredible guitar-playing, but that wasn't what kept people coming to the shows. The mass culture loved Dave, and the media remembers the band for the Dave years. Moronic posts like this one try to discount the fact that Dave was the ultimate frontman and completely original. Sammy Hagar has not done one original or innovative thing with his career. Dave sure ain't the shit by himself, but with VH, he's unstoppable. Sam proved that his music is dated because even those Hagar albums are pretty damned dated now. Do you honestly think that people who don't know the band rush off to buy OU812 and hear WHEN IT'S LOVE? Or buy BALANCE to get CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU? Sorry. People getting into the band get 1984 or VH1. And if you think those are classic albums because it's a good band with a lead singer who was just lucky, then you really don't remember the band for what they were. Many bands have had excellent musicians and neat chops and got nowhere. Dave propelled them to success because he was truly unique and was like no singer out there: charisma-wise, stage-wise, quote-wise...he was the shit!

Get your head outta your ass. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

5150,Balance,VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake,Best Of Both Worlds (live)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"In his VH days DLR bought an important thing to the table - he has a unique and unmistakable voice, and an ability to weave lyrics into Eds guitar that noone else can compare to".

Are you sure that was weave lyrics or weave hair??? Sorry I couldn't resist

(I couldn't get that quote thing to work without quoting the whole post)

Anyways let's face facts here.Dave and Sammy are complete opposites.It don't matter which one you like better for you to admit that.

Sammy is everything Dave isn't and Dave is everything Sammy isn't.Comparing Sammy and Dave is like comparing apples and oranges.There is nothing to compare.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by mhnyr2000:
    "In his VH days DLR bought an important thing to the table - he has a unique and unmistakable voice, and an ability to weave lyrics into Eds guitar that noone else can compare to".

Are you sure that was weave lyrics or weave hair??? Sorry I couldn't resist

(I couldn't get that quote thing to work without quoting the whole post)

Anyways let's face facts here.Dave and Sammy are complete opposites.It don't matter which one you like better for you to admit that.

Sammy is everything Dave isn't and Dave is everything Sammy isn't.Comparing Sammy and Dave is like comparing apples and oranges.There is nothing to compare.
    That's a good diplomatic post. I like it.

But Dave's better because people will still associate him with rock history in 50 years and Sam will be lucky if he's a footnote. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i like dave the most.
    and i do think sam is good singer and was ok in van halen.
    sammy in van halen doesnt compare in the sense that van halen was , fun,careless and wild
    and with sammy it was mature and lovey dovey. not as fun to me it rocked but not in the same sense.
    dave era kicked fuckn ass.
    sammy is the one who stepped in pile of shit.
    who knew that eddie and al were hard to work with.
    who knew the state of minds they have.
    sammy is someone who exspects to be treated like dave and cant understand why he hasnt been.
    he knows he is better singer.
    and has acomplished a lot. but he still doesnt have one thing...
    piece of mind.
    dave bothers sam cause ,he will allways be there.
    no matter what sam does.
    get over it sam. dave rules by me and your ok too sam just have fun getover it
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OK you roftards, shut the fuck up!!!

As far we care here, it's very kool when Sam bashes Dave endlessly, hell it makes him a hell of a guy!!! WE love Sammy and no one will ever criticize Sammy for criticizing and bashing Dave!!!!!
    So leave Sam alone!!!!

AND NOOOOO Sam is not jealous at all!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Anyone got a shot of Jack? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll go out on a limb and suggest I'm probably typical of the majority of Van Halen fans. I like Sammy Hagar, I supported the band when he was there but my preference lies towards those first 6 albums that David Lee Roth happened to sing on. Deep down Sammy probably realizes this too but what's he supposed to do...say he liked the Roth era better. I really believe it's just rock 'n roll trash talk . Trouble is, sometimes it just goes to far. I recall reading in Rolling Stone back in '86, that during the 5150 tour, Sammy's Dave-bashing has gotten to the point where Ed & Al had to take him aside and tell him to stop it.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    AND NOOOOO Sam is not jealous at all!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Anyone got a shot of Jack? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Sam, Shut the Fuck Up already [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]