Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

1984 & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He's my opinion on what's going to happen. I believe that VanHalen will release a CD in the spring. I also beleive it will be A Best oF Vol. II. I think it will contain the 2-3 songs that Dave did with the guys 18 months ago as well as classic, like; Hot For Teacher, Feel your love tonight, I'll wait, Take your Wiskey home etc.. as well as some Sammy era songs, Maybe(do I dare say) two Gary songs, Fire in the Hole, Without you. Just like the way they did the first Best of. But this time they are going to Tour behind it with Diamond Dave! In my opinion the Best of VOl.II is a good excuse to give a Dave reunion a test run by playing and ticket sales, to see if the boys are still via on a musical scale and economic scale. We as die-hard fans know they are viable on a musical scale. But I think Eddie wants to test the waters with Dave Live first to see if It's worth taking 6- months to a year to write some heavy songs with him. If all goes well on Tour then I can see the boys reuniting for few albums. But if the same old feelings arise then the tour will be VH's swan song with Dave. So Part Nostalga part new trip going on here. Hell the Eagles did it that way, They cut a couple of new ones for Hell Freezes Over and toured then that was it( made a killing I might add too!).I don't see them getting out a CD by spring any other way. I think that this talk of having 3 cd's worth of material is misleading, I bet they have 3 CD's worth of Rough ideas, that we all know take a different shape once a new member is brought in to the fold to sing them. What do guys/gals think? I'm curious to know everyones opinion on this.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've thought the same thing. For them to have an album ready by spring seems way too quick if they're starting from scratch as DLR's words would suggest. This isn't the old days when they could throw an album together in a month.

But if this is the case, we're never going to get a new studio album from VH/DLR. I really think the tour is going to sour Eddie on Dave again. Dave's going to get a bulk of the attention (as the lead singer always does, though Eddie doesn't seem to accept it) and Dave will do so by playing the character that Eddie dislikes. No way do they do an extensive tour and then record a new album.

We're only getting one album from these guys at the most. The tour will shine a light on all the problems. I would much rather that album be a full studio album, but I'll take a hits album if it comes out.

At this point though, I'm not sure we're getting any album from this lineup.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A hits album would be a PR disaster right now.

For the sheep, there's only been one studio album since the last Best Of.

For Van HALEN fans, there has just been the remasters.

How many times can you sell the same fucking songs?? And then on top of that, you want me to pay for more cheese ballads and VDIII rejects to get new Van HALEN songs?? uh-uh I don't think so. And I'm guessing I speak for a majority of the fans here, on this point.

It's got to be a full studio album for them to restore any credibility right now. Tour before the album's recorded (as Tom Petty did last summer) or after. Or both. Sure as hell won't get any complaints about that from me. But a full Van HALEN album MUST come out of this deal to atone for the sins of the last 5 years, if not the last 17.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    For the sheep, there's only been one studio album since the last Best Of.

For Van HALEN fans, there has just been the remasters.
    <hr></blockquote>Is it possible to get a definition of 'sheep' here? Your statement here, and your general tone overall, tells me that because I like VH III, I'm a sheep. Is that correct or incorrect?

I get the distinct impression that you think that if someone likes either Sammy or Gary's contribution to VH, that makes them LESS of a fan of the Dave era of Van Halen than those of you who accept nothing else as Van Halen past 1984. Again, correct or incorrect?

[ November 21, 2001 at 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]</p>

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    At this point the game, I wouldn't mind a best of Vol II. At least maybe we would get a new song or three. Something new is all I'm asking for. That's it. Is that so wrong? Btw, I have no problem being called a sheep if that means I enjoy Van Halen as WHOLE. Or say a book. I enjoy the early chapters to no end, and enjoyed the middle chapters as well. The ending sucked. But I heard that the author might be writing again. Who knows? I just want a new chapter or two. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Just got to use the bounce guy again, so I'm happy. LOL. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's a BEST OF, VOLUME II track list. I want to state that this isn't necessarily what I would like to see on the album, but more what I can see the record company putting on the album (if there were one). Let's say it's supposed to cover all bases and include songs you might hear on the radio. (It's one CD, by the way.)

1. You Really Got Me
    2. Jamie's Cryin'
    3. Beautiful Girls
    4. Everybody Wants Some!!
    5. So This Is Love
    6. Pretty Woman
    7. Secrets
    8. Hot For Teacher
    9. I'll Wait
    10. Love Walks In
    11. Finish What Ya Started
    12. Mine All Mine
    13. Top Of The World
    14. Don't Tell Me
    15. Not Enough
    16. Without You
    17. New Dave Song
    18. New Dave Song

Now, I'm not saying this is the best album selection they could have. But they're pretty much almost all radio-favorites. It would be a great addition to the other one. Only problem is, fuck off. They're never going to just have two more Dave songs on a Best Of. Eddie knows that everybody expects him to move forward or ship out. No Best Of with two more Dave songs to mark time. The last one did all right, but wasn't the blockbuster that the record company wanted. The band needs hype, a big tour, a great video and tons of reunion stories.

I would buy this album because it's a neat concept, but it won't happen. Warners won't invest in it. If the band wanted to release something other than a new album, how about that 4-CD box set of unreleased studio material from 1977-2000 that I've been dreaming about? We're talking all twenty-five 1977 demos in perfect quality, outtakes from all the Dave albums including DIVER DOWN and 1984, outtakes from the Sammy albums like "I Want Some Action" and "Between Us Two" and the F.U.C.K. version of "Take Me Back" that was recorded. Even a few songs from the scrapped Cherone album. They have tons of this stuff sitting there. Put it out. I won't complain nearly as much if they put this out and then take a bit more time to get their shit together. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
    FORD: For Van HALEN fans, there has just been the remasters.

<hr></blockquote>

Oh really? And a 'Van Halen Fan' is what? Seems that it is only what you determine the criteria is to be part of such an elite group as a 'Van Halen' fan. Get a life.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> A hits album would be a PR disaster right now.<hr></blockquote>

Not according to your gospel. According to you 'Van Halen' was finished in 1985. Well Greatest Hits Releases are usually done when a band is finished...well Van Halen has been finished since 1985 in your little world Sooooo.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> How many times can you sell the same fucking songs?? And then on top of that, you want me to pay for more cheese ballads and VDIII rejects to get new Van HALEN songs?? uh-uh I don't think so.
    <hr></blockquote>

Then quit your fucking whinning and don't buy it if and when a BOVII comes out!

Dave is gone, get over it.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Zadian:

VH is the one that's over, as I can see it. I think you should get your facts straight. At least Dave is showing that he can still perform and isn't afraid of talking to his fans about what's going on. I won't go so far as to say the band was over in 1985. But I can say that I probably would never have become much of a Van Halen fan if I had never heard anything by the 1978-1985 line-up. That was THE line-up. That was the line-up that will go down in history.

VH is the one that is sitting on their asses right now, with no chance of press attention unless they reunite with their original and true frontman. That sound set them apart from all the other bands around at the time. They actually managed to sound like some other bands when they got Sammy.

Sorry, buddy. I didn't realize you were in the know. Fuck. "Dave is gone. Get over it." Wow...if I wanted to know if a reunion was going to happen, I should have just asked you.

And fuck a best-of. They could put a good one together, but it would please no one and it's a sign of total musical loss if they do. Even an unreleased-song boxed set would be a sign that their at the crossroads, but at least I wouldn't be buying songs I've bought several times over!
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Rikk: VH is the one that's over, as I can see it. <hr></blockquote>

Well, they have no singer, no new releases in almost 4 years now...I would say that is a given.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I think you should get your facts straight. At least Dave is showing that he can still perform and isn't afraid of talking to his fans about what's going on. <hr></blockquote>

Dave has been gone since 1985...out of the band...of course there was the failed 'reunion' of 96 which never really was a 'reunion' anyway, they were still looking for a singer which even Roth said.

Obviously there is nothing going on with VH for them to 'report in'.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> VH is the one that is sitting on their asses right now, with no chance of press attention unless they reunite with their original and true frontman. That sound set them apart from all the other bands around at the time. They actually managed to sound like some other bands when they got Sammy.

<hr></blockquote>

It really doesn't appear they are looking for any press attention, what the hell would they need it for anyway? They don't 'HAVE' to reunite with anyone if they don't want to, they could go with #4, do instrumentals, they can do whatever they want, and I don't think they need permission do conduct their band as they choose and see fit.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Sorry, buddy. I didn't realize you were in the know. Fuck. "Dave is gone. Get over it." Wow...if I wanted to know if a reunion was going to happen, I should have just asked you.

<hr></blockquote>

Great for Dave, but as far as VH with Dave goes it is done and over with, and I am not 'in the know' but any idiot can see. Until they officially announce a singer Dave or otherwise there is no singer, there is no Dave.

It is interesting because if any topic in any area were slamming Sammy all the Dave slingers would be jumping right in there. Any point whatsoever that is made about Dave and you get bashed over it. Van Halen is Van Halen...period.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Zadian, you are a total fucking idiot.

Did you just make any point about Dave? No, you called him an "idiot" with a "2-year old mentality." Jesus, sorry if a few Dave fans are jumping down your throat. Sorry, but at least Dave's lyrics are intelligent. Some real creativity and originality there. The guy is out to live life to its fullest.

Dave-bashers go on about how Dave fans aren't real VH fans because they prefer one era. Well, shut up! I prefer Dave VH. It's the best band on Earth. You Dave-bashers don't really appreciate all of VH either, or you'd realize what was so brilliant about VAN HALEN, VAN HALEN II, WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST, FAIR WARNING, DIVER DOWN and 1984. It isn't just the guitar playing or drumming. It's the whole mix with the most interesting vocalist in the world on it.

Funny, Dave has a lot of friends in this world (from Henry Rollins to Bob Rock, etc.) while Eddie seems to spend all of his time talking about how people fucked things up for him and how everybody is his enemy ("Bruce Fairbairn tried to steal my song," "the TITANIC soundtrack ruined VH3's chart-success," "Sammy fucked over the band," "Dave fucked over the band") and Eddie also seems to change musical soulmates quicker than you manage to change your underwear, Zadian.

God, your posts are irritating.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Rikk Zadian, you are a total fucking idiot. <hr></blockquote>

There is no need for that. You need to get a hold of yourself, is only an opinion, and if that opinion was pro-Dave...

All I have done is ponted out things that Sammy and other bands have been getting criticized over, the cheese etc, in songs that DLR has done with VH that I feel are cheese etc...so what? If I had of said it about Sammy, or any other band you (and others) wouldn't flipping out whinning as you are, and it certainly is not to cause shit.

Instead of personally attacking me (nice moderators) why not give a response with a legitimate argument as to why 'Dance the Night Away' is not cheese, and not just cuz it was DLR either.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Dave-bashers go on about how Dave fans aren't real VH fans because they prefer one era. Well, shut up! I prefer Dave VH. It's the best band on Earth. You Dave-bashers don't really appreciate all of VH either, <hr></blockquote>

I don't think that is it at all, it is of my opinion that those who enjoy all versions of VH are the ones who get run into the ground for it, theay are not a 'true' VH fan because they enjoyed the Sammy Era or the Gary era.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Funny, Dave has a lot of friends in this world (from Henry Rollins to Bob Rock, etc.) while Eddie seems to spend all of his time talking about how people fucked things up for him and how everybody is his enemy ("Bruce Fairbairn tried to steal my song," "the TITANIC soundtrack ruined VH3's chart-success," "Sammy fucked over the band," "Dave fucked over the band") and Eddie also seems to change musical soulmates quicker than you manage to change your underwear, Zadian.

<hr></blockquote>

where did this come from?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> God, your posts are irritating <hr></blockquote>

Then don't read them. Obviously you take things a little too seriously and in particular a little to personal especially when an opinion differs from your own. Usually when someone can't argue the opinion intelligently they, as you have done, attack the person who expressed the opinion.
    If your problem with me is that serious take it to a moderator and I am sure they will deal with it appropriately.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's the reaction I expected. I'm not going to a moderator. You don't affect my thoughts or take up any worry-time. This is a forum. Quit acting insane and then telling people to calm down when they tell you how pathetic you are.

I just think you're rather dumb. You are deliberately trying to start shit in each of these rooms. Sorry, but you know damn well that insulting huge Dave hits will give you the backlash you want. Is it attention you're looking for?

Dude, I can't logicaly tell you why LOVE WALKS IN is cheese and DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY isn't. There is no way to absolutely measure that. I can say that on occasions that I hear the latter, I get goosebumps. On occasions where I hear the former, my face turns green and I don't feel well. Very bad dairy products ingested, I'd say.

Funny how I played a friend of mine BEST OF a few weeks ago, and he didn't know Van Halen. His reaction: "Man, the first seven or eight songs were great...but after that, it got really cheesy."

I'm not saying that says something...well, maybe just a little.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Please, not another "Best Of"!

I for one am hoping for a box set with a shit load of previously unreleased material. Sound check stuff, live jams, even the boys just fucking around in the studio. Something unique and unexpected. Granted, the legal work that needs to be completed is a fucking nightmare. Hence, the reason they haven't done it. I also think its time Edward did his own thing. Completely seperate from VAn Halen the Band. He is just to good to be sitting on his ass! More stuff like the Brain May thing and his recent collaboration with Roger Waters. I'm not talking permanately, just more side projects. God knows none of these guys needs to make the big score any longer. Well all right, maybe Alex does. Fuck record sales. Just do what the hell YOU want! Just my wish list for Christmas....Peace

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey man, Eddie already did a solo album. It's called VAN HALEN III. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm not Zadian's spokesman, and he can tell me to go fuck myself if I'm wrong, but it's my opinion that he deliberately exaggerates his stance in reaction to the Sammy bashing that occurs around here. As a fan of all eras, my take is that there's no more sensitive a group than the Dave fans. Sammy's fans and Gary's fans (all three of us ) don't burst a vein if someone says they prefer Dave, but say you prefer Hagar or Cherone and sparks fly. Many of these people just can't get their heads around the fact that there are people for whom DLR era VH ISN'T the second coming. There are very few people around here that I would define as 'Dave bashers'; people who run his name through the mud as sport. Given that same definition, I would say there are plenty of Sammy and Gary bashers around here. And I don't quite understand why it's okay to trash Sammy and Gary on the basis of personal opinion, but then get so bent out of shape when someone slams Dave. Last I checked, none of these guys was parting the Red Sea.

Bottom line, FORD, I'm still waiting for your response to my earlier questions, reprinted here with my own permission.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>By Glenn
    Is it possible to get a definition of 'sheep' here? Your statement here, and your general tone overall, tells me that because I like VH III, I'm a sheep. Is that correct or incorrect?

I get the distinct impression that you think that if someone likes either Sammy or Gary's contribution to VH, that makes them LESS of a fan of the Dave era of Van Halen than those of you who accept nothing else as Van Halen past 1984. Again, correct or incorrect?
    <hr></blockquote>