Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's a hypothetical question. If every member of Van Halen and their camp were to release an autobiography tomorrow and you could only read one, who's would you choose?

My first choice: Mike's, because his take on everything would probably be the closest to the truth.
    My second choice: Valerie's, because she could offer a look into the reasoning of Eddie's wacked out perception.
    I carouse, therefore I am.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.12.13 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think DLR's "Crazy From the Heat" gives plenty of good insight into VH--the Ignition, Rothing Your Room, What Made Classic Van Halen Tick, Wars and Remembrance, and Reunion Blues chapters tell the VH story pretty well. Plus the rest of the book is very entertaining. A must read for a VH fan.

I'd love to see a Mike Anthony autobiography. He's been with VH since the beginning (they weren't called VH until Mike was in the band). I'd think that he'd have the least biased perspective on the soap opera that was/is Van Halen. I also think, however, that Mike is loyal to the band and would not be willing to divulge his true feelings regarding VH nor his full insight into VH. I'd also be willing to bet that in recent years he's bit his tongue on more than a couple of occasions.

With that having been said, I like the Valerie Bertinelli idea. With the separation and what not she might be ready to tell the story.
    "With me in the band, it's one of those miraculous 97-97 deals. It's 97 percent you and 97 percent moi. Is it Mick or Keith? I don't know" -DLR

"We eventually started playing clubs, and we also did weddings. We played everything from the Ohio Players to K.C. & the Sunshine Band. You would love the sight of Van Halen doing 'Get Down Tonight'! But by the third set when everybody was good and tanked up--boy, we'd be blazin'!" -Michael Anthony

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Probably Fair Warning or Balance
    Favorite VH Song

HARD TO SAY!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's something about a biography from Al I would find rather interesting. Maybe it's because nobody ever sees him anyway...
    Live well,<br />Work hard,<br />and ROCK ON!<br />~EvA~

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.24.06 @ 02:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Val's might be the best, but she would never do it. I think that if she didn't have a kid with Ed it might be different.

Dave's was great. I imagine that Sammy can tell a few good tales as well. I thought I had read on the VHND that he was working on one a few years back. Grant?

AVH's I would not believe a word of. That guy has lied about everything [ why Dave quit, why Sam quit]. And he would never give out the scoop on his own brother.

Mikey on the other hand could probably crank out some stories that would certainly sell some books.

Gary could submit a pamphlet to be taken for free at Tower Records about his weekend with Van Halen.
    "We don't act this way because we're in a rock band; we're in a rock band because we ARE this way." David Lee Roth - 1983