Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

07.08.15 @ 12:21 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

With the Sam and Dave Tour.....the reunion tour with Dave seems to be over or no where in the near future.

Since Mikey is heavly working with Sammy(Eddie has 100% clean bill of health now), do you guys and gals think that Sammy could be back in the works?

Is the Sam and Dave tour to "stab at VH", "prove what singer's better" or are they just desperate?
    "Who would ever believe a little dutch boy could create such a ruccous"

- Eddie Van Halen

Check out my band "Modern Relic" on youtube and Facebook

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

1) Sammy and Mikey never ceased to be friends. Sammy knows that Mikey can't be blamed for the Danniels fiasco, because he never had a vote. However,this doesn't let the Lying Dutchmen off the hook. Sammy has made it clear he has no intention of doing so, because he doesn't believe his friendship with the Lying Dutchmen is salvageable.

2) Sammy can work his ass off on this tour, and hopefully, for the sake of the show, he will. But he can't prove himself "better than Dave" for Van Halen, because that's already a matter of record.

Or should I say records. Specifically 6 of them
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

02.17.12 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The more relevant question is...

Would Dave be a better choice for lead singer today over Sammy.

Dave 2002

Makes me wonder...

[ May 12, 2002 at 09:00 AM: Message edited by: CHRIS ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

What makes any of you think that Mike is still "in the picture"???? [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Based on many of the comments that Sammy has made about Eddie and Alex on radio shows the past few weeks, I do not think Sammy will be in Van Halen any time soon.
    "Running the ball is like making romance..."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Anything is possible I guess. Ed and Sam were pretty tight before things got fucked up with Ray Danniels. It seems to me that every time they try to get Dave back it never works out ie-1996 and after Gary's departure. Maybe Ed's cancer was the big reason why the 3rd reunion attempt with Dave fell through or maybe it was Ed not being crazy about the 3 tracks they came up with. Dave seemed to think they were great but Ed was of a dfferent mind. Maybe Mike could act as a middle man and help bridge the gap between Sam and the brothers. Who knows? Either way it doesn't look lika ny new music until at least 2003.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Could This Be Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think that any combination of present and former band members is out of the question as long as money's involved.

That said, I don't think Sammy's "coming back into the picture." I think Ed's smart enough to realize that Dave and Sam are both incapable of contributing to a new sound. Ed doesn't want a nostalgia act, and I don't blame him.

If I was Ed, it'd take a ludicrous amount of money for me to throw my hat back into the circus of Sam and Dave. I'd need 10 million alone to force me into Howard Stern's studio. Showing up to a press conference along with a midget dressed like Andy Warhol would be another 50 million.

I, for one, don't fault Ed for having some pride in his self-image. The guy's an adult, for Christ's sake.

[ May 12, 2002 at 09:18 AM: Message edited by: DannyTheKid ]</p>
    DtK<br /><br /><i>"<b>Do</b> something."</i>

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by DannyTheKid:

That said, I don't think Sammy's "coming back into the picture." I think Ed's smart enough to realize that Dave and Sam are both incapable of contributing to a new sound. Ed doesn't want a nostalgia act, and I don't blame him.

Ever think Ed and Al are incapable of contributing to a new sound?
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Could This Be Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by CHRIS:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DannyTheKid:

Ever think Ed and Al are incapable of contributing to a new sound?</font>[/QUOTE]Howdy.

Nope.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Give it up. It's all about music, and ME WISE MAGIC is the best Van Halen song I've heard in 18 years. Eddie's an adult? I've never seen a bigger paranoid nut in interviews (sorry, flame me if you must). I think people make too much out of the fact that Dave has been doing some crazy shit in the last few years. He needs a solid backbone for his antics...mainly, Van Halen music. I think he's a much better choice for an interesting Van Halen album than Sammy...his stuff has been quite bland in the last six years (it was never amazing, but it was at least occasionally interesting before Van Halen).

VH need Dave and Dave need VH. Eddie's lying if he says he doesn't care if he's on a major label. The bottom line is he fucked up his chances on staying with Warners by not being able to snag Dave, and he has to try again. This whole "Dave in 2002" thing is bullshit. Give Dave some good music to sing on and a legacy like Van Halen's and he'll do fine. He may still be a little nuts, but he's still an amazing frontman and the only Van Halen frontman most of the public remember or still care about.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if sammy returns vh are 101% finished , they may as well have cherona in the band as that fuckwit.

dave or nothing..

who's nothing - a klingon ?

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Could This Be Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rikk:
    Give it up. It's all about music, and ME WISE MAGIC is the best Van Halen song I've heard in 18 years.
    Give it up, yourself. "Me Wise Magic" didn't have more than a passing impact on radio because of the vocals. They're simply difficult to listen to. The reason it got any play at all was because the music rocked... so, I guess it is indeed all about the music.

Live in the now, man.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by edwardocatflappo:
    if sammy returns vh are 101% finished , they may as well have cherona in the band as that fuckwit.

dave or nothing..

who's nothing - a klingon ?
    Although I want Dave back, too, most fans want Dave back to hear old Dave VH tunes being done by all of VH. I feel that if Dave comes back, they'll tour on 99% old shit, and 1 or 2 new songs off a new album. IF Sammy comes back, I feel that Sam will make sure they play a decent amount of songs of some new album. This is what I feel is the difference between the mentalities of those who want who back. With Dave's "antics", I think VH could probably become a more "known" band again with Sammy, just because Sammy doesn't have crazy-ass, midget touting antics.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

One group of people seem to be focused on who can sing the best, "technically". The other group seems to be focused on who is the best "frontman".

Van Halen need more than a singer, they need someone who can write lyrics and melodies. Sam has done it, Dave has done it,
    Gary certainly did not prove he could do it. What I would like to know is, can Dave still do it? Recent events sure make me wonder.

However, whomever they get to sing, better be able to write songs and lyrics as well, or I'm afraid Van Halen 3 part II, will be the result.
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep Chris.

Then thing about Dave i think, at least in the vacuum of my own pathetic little mind' is that the more he shut up the more of a legend he became. You only heared the great quotes, sound bytes and outtakes, the problem is inbetween the quotes, soundbytes and outtakes. Then you step back and think, it took 25 years to compiles these few one liners, what the... ?

It's just now that i see the man in action that I gotta scratch my head and go "wtf? is this guy fuckin crazy?". Honestly I'm getting tired of his one joke act - the joke seems to becoming him.

On the Sammy front, he needs to get in some shape. There's nothing worse than watching a fat man in spandex sing in front of 50 000 people. It's just sad.

I'm just lookin at all of this and thinkin they made some great tunes. We'll always have those to enjoy and some lunatic fans to argue with [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ May 12, 2002 at 10:36 PM: Message edited by: lil'devil ]</p>