Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"What have you done for me lately?" Hey Eddie ever heard that phrase?

This is a guy who repeatedly would say things like "I'm not into nostalgia, we gotta make a new record" and all that bullshit yet he hasn't done dick in over 3 years and still sells these guitars and amps. Yeah that's fine that VH has 20 years of recording history but it seems like someone else might be cashing in on nostalgia and the past... and it ain't David Lee Roth - it's Eddie.

The pot is calling the kettle black if you ask me. [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Going to send this to the Opinions forum. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:

This is a guy who repeatedly would say things like "I'm not into nostalgia, we gotta make a new record" and all that bullshit yet he hasn't done dick in over 3 years and still sells these guitars and amps. Yeah that's fine that VH has 20 years of recording history but it seems like someone else might be cashing in on nostalgia and the past... and it ain't David Lee Roth - it's Eddie.

The pot is calling the kettle black if you ask me. [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

unfortunately, this is all true.

i wonder if we will ever know what really happened...beginning to end...and by that i mean from the start of the band, until right fuckin now.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:

This is a guy who repeatedly would say things like "I'm not into nostalgia, we gotta make a new record

And then toured on a set list that was 70% Van HALEN, and 20% Van Hagar, leaving only 10% of the set list for his non nostalgic new (shitty) album.

That certainly would be a text book definition of hypocrisy.

As would Eddie criticizing Sammy's work ethic.

As would Eddie bitching about Dave's voice. (How many say EEWWWWW)
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

FORD, feel free to show us a III tour setlist that featured 70% Dave era material.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

There was one that was 50%, but that's as close as anyone'll find.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    There was one that was 50%, but that's as close as anyone'll find.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I know.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anybody guess the show Glenn and I are talking about without looking it up? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Seems like the show I saw was about 70 per classic vh. The played like 23 songs, three of which were from vh3. Year to the day, Josephina, and Fire in the hole....make that four with that one single thing they had without you. So, 19 left out of 23 or 24. I cant remember a sammy song in that.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If you check out virtually all of the bootlegs from the III tour, first off they very rarely mixed up the setlist. But take a few at random, not including solos, a vague look shows;

Corestates Spectrum. Nineteen songs, 10 from the Dave era. 53%

ID4 Devore. Seventeen songs, 7 from the Dave era. 41%

Unchained Monsters. 20 songs, 10 from the Dave era. 50%

Wolfgang Attack. 18 songs, 9 from the Dave era. 50%

1102 Final show. 17 songs, 8 from the Dave era. 47%

Seen, what 19 Dave era songs did they play when you saw them? They surely played One I Want as well, I've never seen a III setlist that didn't feature that right after Without You. And I've never seen a setlist that didn't have Why Can't This Be Love, and Right Now and When It's Love is on a lot of them too.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I was thinking of the MA show where they only got through 4 songs, half of which were DLR.

I'd thought they never played more than half, but I guess not. The time I saw them there was plenty of Sammy tossed in besides the DLR stuff.

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

You guys have reach a new level of dorkdom. Arguing about he percentage of Dave era songs played during the III tour. Pleeeeeaassse stop!! I think FORD's point was that VH's setlist was primarily songs from the Dave era. Glenn and Mike, you guys just proved him right. I don't think he literally ment each and every concert featured 70% Dave songs. It's called exaggeration; you guys should be very well aquainted with this word.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nah, Gully, it's called FORD making stuff up to validate his biased ravings. When you don't have a leg to stand on with your argument, make stuff up! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Stuff, you've got to remember that Gully doesn't believe in facts. They're tools of the devil used by liberal commie scum. Don't believe any of them, especially those you don't personally like. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

People make way too many assumptions about what went on with the 3 tour. Part of that is that 'they played all DLR stuff'. That's just just true. Sure, they played more DLR stuff than Sammy, but that could be seen as a very natural reaction to the situation. That, and the fact that they hadn't been able to play most of it live in 13 years.

Would people rather have had them do like they did on the 5150 tour? You know, play almost all of 3, some Extreme tunes, a cover, and maybe 1 each of Sammy and Dave? I think that would have absolutely sucked. They had some problems driving ticket sales to begin with, and that would have made the job that much harder.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Van Gully:
    I think FORD's point was that VH's setlist was primarily songs from the Dave era. I don't think he literally ment each and every concert featured 70% Dave songs. It's called exaggeration<hr></blockquote>If you're right about FORD's motives, it backfired. Because all it ended up doing was lessening his arguement. It's funny when someone has a valid arguement (in this case the fact that there was a lot of DLR era material present on the III tour), but they totally screw it up because the truth isn't enough for them. Instead of saying 50%, which could still be used to make a valid arguement about Eddie relying on the Roth era, the desire to be right and to make a point drives a person to inflate numbers that were already credible in their true form. If you're going to throw down a specific number, some evidence would be nice.

FORD is a guy who loves to throw around 'facts' and figures, but in this case there's a ton of bootleg information to negate his 70% claim. As I said above, if FORD has other sources to back up a claim that VH played 70% Dave era material on the III tour, I'd love to look at it.