Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes To Shove
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to admit I prefer to see Dave with VH, but if that doesn't seem to work get Sam back. I'm gettin' so friggin tired of this.(still i keep waiting ) I just need some new VH music soon. Damn, music is boring without VH.
    Why not make two records, by the way. That way everybody 'll be happy. It seems that now even Sam wants to be back in.

Peace man

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

No I like both too. I like Sam the best in VH, but they recorded great songs with Dave also. This is good topic for Opinions, so I will move it there.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw them both at the Universal Amphitheater show. I went to see Dave, but I gotta say, he looked too uptight, he just hammers out the hits in robotic style. He's lost all spontaneity. And jeez, he gets away with murder on his vocals, cracking and breaking at all the wrong times. He can't dance at all. His sole move is a strained high kick that looks like it's taking a toll on him every time he does it.

But his VH era music is fantastic, He did an awesome rendition of the Atomic Punk.

Sammy looks like he's having fun and he seems far less anal about the precision and timing of every little micro detail. It's readily apparent in the way he lets fans get drunk and share the stage. He doesn't mind letting things get a little out of hand, a fan can grab the mike and sing a line or two. I really like Dave's music better, but I'd rather hang out with Sammy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:52 PM
    Liked 570 Times in 311 Posts

Donor

Nothing wrong with liking both. I can't understand the folks who think you have to like one or the other.

I guess by their reasoning, early VH is the only music they listen to, or are allowed to like. After all, just listen to them: Dave is the be-all, end-all of rock singers/frontmen, so why listen to anyone else?

Then you hear them say they're going to an Aerosmith concert, right after they finish ragging on some of the Van Hagar songs as "cheese".
    Uh huh. And Aerosmith isn't the freakin' KINGS of "cheese".(at least by their definition)
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.03.15 @ 02:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, you are not the only one who likes both eras of the band. I've been saying this for some time now, Van Halen is Van Halen, no matter who's behind the mic. These guys who scream about one being better than the other and saying how bad the other guy sucks piss me off. It's hard to be a Van Halen fan these days, we need more harmony in the community so to speak. Maybe if we'd all stop bitching at each other, Ed would get off his ass and make some music!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no, i like both eras of van halen to, shit i did not even mind vh3 it had a few good songs, i would not want gary back i would want either dave or sammy.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

On Fire
    Last Online

10.28.09 @ 03:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like both too! I want reunion tour with both! Then after that, record a new album with Gary and carry on from there...

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I prefer the Roth era, but the Sammy era had its good moments. Sammy was able to bring out some excitement in Ed's guitar playing.

I just like Sammy as the "red rocker", and Dave as the frontman for Halen.

Its all good !

[ August 31, 2002, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: 79th and Sunset ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, the overwhelming majority of us "like both". It's just a small minority of militant, small-minded yet unfortunately noisy Roth-trolls who try to make it seem differently.

Most of us would probably prefer to see Dave back, if it were up to us, but I also think that most of us wouldn't mind seeing Sammy back, either. I'm really kind of on the fence about it, myself. On one hand, IF Roth were to come back, you can bet your ass it wouldn't last more than one record and tour, which would be great, but on the other hand, a reunion with Sammy would likely yield a much more long-term collaboration.

It's really a moot point, though, until Ed the Bitter Hermit decides to peek out into the daylight once again.

SBS

[ August 31, 2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    [QB]Actually, the overwhelming majority of us "like both". It's just a small minority of militant, small-minded yet unfortunately noisy Roth-trolls who try to make it seem differently.
    Come 'on I think there's just as much Sammy fans who do that too. To tell ya the truth, I never thought too much of the whole lead singer debate, until I found the 'links over 2 years ago. While I've waded into the battle a few times myself I don't eat, drink & piss this Roth vs. Hagar.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dropdeadlegs:
    "Come 'on I think there's just as much Sammy fans who do that too. To tell ya the truth, I never thought too much of the whole lead singer debate, until I found the 'links over 2 years ago. While I've waded into the battle a few times myself I don't eat, drink & piss this Roth vs. Hagar."

If you pay attention, though, you'll notice that most of those who fire back at Dave are doing so out of blatant provocation, and aren't the ones starting thread after nauseating thread of pedantic "My singer can kick your singer's ass" spew. Most of the Roth smack is used simply as an illustration of the truly STAGGERING and myopic hypocrisy farted out on a daily basis by the mental sphincters of a select few Roth-tards. I actually prefer "classic" Van Halen myself, although I dig a lot of the band's later stuff with Sammy, but you've gotta admit, the vast majority of the "Dave or the Gravers" tend to come off as pedantic, bitter little trolls who go WAAAY out of their way to perpetuate all this silly bullshit.

Think about it...

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    Originally posted by dropdeadlegs:
    "Come 'on I think there's just as much Sammy fans who do that too. To tell ya the truth, I never thought too much of the whole lead singer debate, until I found the 'links over 2 years ago. While I've waded into the battle a few times myself I don't eat, drink & piss this Roth vs. Hagar."

If you pay attention, though, you'll notice that most of those who fire back at Dave are doing so out of blatant provocation, and aren't the ones starting thread after nauseating thread of pedantic "My singer can kick your singer's ass" spew. Most of the Roth smack is used simply as an illustration of the truly STAGGERING and myopic hypocrisy farted out on a daily basis by the mental sphincters of a select few Roth-tards. I actually prefer "classic" Van Halen myself, although I dig a lot of the band's later stuff with Sammy, but you've gotta admit, the vast majority of the "Dave or the Gravers" tend to come off as pedantic, bitter little trolls who go WAAAY out of their way to perpetuate all this silly bullshit.

Think about it...

SBS
    I understand where your coming from. Months back, I stated in a thread that a lot of Roth fans tend to overromanticize that whole era. I preferred it myself Perhaps, we often go overboard about how good it really was.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you know we can go on and on about dave vs sammy, but it comes down to eddie and who he feels would be right for vh and who he think can carry vh on for awhile longer, even if he takes either back. how much longer are we going to beat this dead horse about dlr/sammy?
    i can sum it all up, they were both great for van halen at the time they were in van halen, when dlr/sammy was in van halen they were always on top, and if one of the two do come back they will be back on top again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    It is senseless to debate it. Everyone has their own tastes.

Enjoy it for what it is.

Van Halen baby

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

i like em both.... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]