Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    The following is a work of fiction....

==(Los Angeles, Ca.) Edward Van Halen, the legendary guitarist of the often-embattled Southern California rock and roll monster known as Van Halen, has announced that he plans to form a second band while much-publicized legal issues are hashed out surrounding the reunion efforts of Van Halen with original lead vocalist, David Lee Roth.

"The itch to make something new is there, and this is my way of scratching it until the smoke clears," the Dutch-born guitarist was quoted as saying. "It's probably going to be a one-shot thing. One record, and a stadium tour. Should be fun, and if the fans like it we might do something more."

Neither Eddie's brother and noted drummer, Alex Van Halen, nor bassist Michael Anthony are said to be involved in the project. Instead, Eddie plans to assemble a veritable "who's who" of crunchy 80's arena-rock. Rumoured particpants have included Rush drummer/lyricist Neil Peart, Night Ranger vocalist and bassist, Jack Blades, British keyboardist Keith Emerson, and there even has been mention of a second noted guitarist included in the mix. Eddie and former Triumph axe-man Rik Emmett have been discussing the possibility of sharing the lead guitar duties for the rumored band, as well as having the Canadian musician switch-hit on the mic with Blades.

No one besides Eddie could be reached for comment, but when asked by what monniker the band would rock the house he replied, "Well, it does sound pretty f***ing nuts, so naturally I might call the band '5150'."==

So who would you guys pick? What would the band be called?

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:19 PM
    Liked 548 Times in 329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I Like It! Nice thought. I think if you're gonna go 80's supergroup, maybe Sheehan on bass and Coverdale on vocals? Share guitar with the Nuge?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya know... that actually sounds pretty fuckin' cool! An eclectic mix of world-class musicians and excellent songwriters that could really sound kick-ass together!

Most improbable part of the equation:
    Eddie's ego allowing the possibility of another lead guitarist. Too bad, too... Rik Emmet's a killer player and a pretty damned decent singer, also!

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    Ya know... that actually sounds pretty fuckin' cool! An eclectic mix of world-class musicians and excellent songwriters that could really sound kick-ass together!

Eddie's ego allowing the possibility of another lead guitarist. Too bad, too... Rik Emmet's a killer player and a pretty damned decent singer, also!

SBS
    <hr></blockquote>

Hey thanks. This was actually a little fantasy I'd had before I knew that the first Sammy-led record was going to be called "5150". I still think it would work, getting a full mix of different sounds and styles going on. Eddie's ego may be a deterrent, but since we're playing make-believe again, we'll pretend he doesn't have one.
    I had also toyed with the idea of having Trevor Rabin and Tony Kaye from Yes and Lou Gramm from Foreigner involved.
    Isn't there a tribute band out there who swiped the name 5150?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Though the combination of Eddie & Neil Peart is intriguing, it will never happen now. Remember who Rush's manager is??
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Incredible Edible Dude:
    I Like It! Nice thought. I think if you're gonna go 80's supergroup, maybe Sheehan on bass and Coverdale on vocals? Share guitar with the Nuge?<hr></blockquote>

Eddie and the Nuge??? Good god YES!!!! If that doesn't bring the house to its feet, I dunno what will.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    Though the combination of Eddie & Neil Peart is intriguing, it will never happen now. Remember who Rush's manager is??<hr></blockquote>

Who could forget the man who drove Sammy out? Well, it's all a fantasy anyway, so let's just roll with it?

Actually Neil doesn't seem to be the type to let anything interfere with his creativity.....not even a control-freak manager. "Take off Ray!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lowlife Flat Head Scum:
    The following is a work of fiction....

==(Los Angeles, Ca.) Edward Van Halen, the legendary guitarist of the often-embattled Southern California rock and roll monster known as Van Halen, has announced that he plans to form a second band while much-publicized legal issues are hashed out surrounding the reunion efforts of Van Halen with original lead vocalist, David Lee Roth.

"The itch to make something new is there, and this is my way of scratching it until the smoke clears," the Dutch-born guitarist was quoted as saying. "It's probably going to be a one-shot thing. One record, and a stadium tour. Should be fun, and if the fans like it we might do something more."

Neither Eddie's brother and noted drummer, Alex Van Halen, nor bassist Michael Anthony are said to be involved in the project. Instead, Eddie plans to assemble a veritable "who's who" of crunchy 80's arena-rock. Rumoured particpants have included Rush drummer/lyricist Neil Peart, Night Ranger vocalist and bassist, Jack Blades, British keyboardist Keith Emerson, and there even has been mention of a second noted guitarist included in the mix. Eddie and former Triumph axe-man Rik Emmett have been discussing the possibility of sharing the lead guitar duties for the rumored band, as well as having the Canadian musician switch-hit on the mic with Blades.

No one besides Eddie could be reached for comment, but when asked by what monniker the band would rock the house he replied, "Well, it does sound pretty f***ing nuts, so naturally I might call the band '5150'."==

So who would you guys pick? What would the band be called?
    <hr></blockquote>
    I like this idea ALOT, CALL ED!!!!! Especially sharing axe duties wit hRik Emmett!!!

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:19 PM
    Liked 548 Times in 329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

SBS
    [/QUOTE

I know we're in the land of make-believe, but without the name Van Halen on the record, I doubt ego would be in the mix. Eddie has worked on plenty of other projects, I think he'd be willing to blend right in. Remember, some of his control problems no doubt come from trying to live up to the legacy he created.

And how about Clapton as singer/guitar?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know we're in the land of make-believe, but without the name Van Halen on the record, I doubt ego would be in the mix. Eddie has worked on plenty of other projects, I think he'd be willing to blend right in. Remember, some of his control problems no doubt come from trying to live up to the legacy he created.

And how about Clapton as singer/guitar?[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Hey, I'd LOVE to hear it, but I don't really think Eric would be down with a heavier rock-oriented project like that. Now... make it Eddie and Eric, with Double Trouble (aka Tommy Shannon & Chris Layton) as the rhythm section, and you've got one HELLUVA rockin' blues project happenin'!

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lowlife Flat Head Scum:
    Isn't there a tribute band out there who swiped the name 5150?<hr></blockquote>

There was. I believe they have since switched over to playing mostly their own material and no longer use the name 5150. Synth would know more about it - IIRC, she went to their last show as 5150.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    I like your supergroup IED! That would be wicked!!!

[img]graemlins/santa.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

Eddie, Nugent and the Cheeseball on the same stage??

Not even Wembley Stadium has room for that much ego on one stage. I guess the one good possibility would be Mr "I kill for sport" taking a shot at Covelveeta with his crossbow [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:

Eddie, Nugent and the Cheeseball on the same stage??

Not even Wembley Stadium has room for that much ego on one stage. I guess the one good possibility would be Mr "I kill for sport" taking a shot at Covelveeta with his crossbow [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>LOL! I could see that happening, Ted is a little wacked I think. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/santa.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I Like It! Nice thought. I think if you're gonna go 80's supergroup, maybe Sheehan on bass and Coverdale on vocals? Share guitar with the Nuge?<hr></blockquote>I like your supergroup IED! That would be wicked!!!

[img]graemlins/santa.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It'll never happen! It would take more tour busses and tractor trailers than N-Suck had(47) to haul all that ego around! Yea, I can see it now! This "super group" can set up their show inside a fucking wrestling wring! a Ding, a Ding!
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!