Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm pretty sure this is the dumbest fucking thing sammy could do to his career. fuck, i thought the cabo wabowl was whacked out... but this roth thing takes the ribbon.

i couldn't believe my ears when i heard sambo was consenting to a show with roth. then i actually spewed when i found out it was his (sammy's) idea!!! dude, put down the chalupa and come up for air!!

look, with all due respect to the roth ass rimmers on this board... let's face facts: dave is kaput. finito. DOA. tag him and bag him. his career isn't going downhill... it's fucking underground, and there's a good size crater where it entered the earth.

the last thing sambo needs to do is get associated with a wash-out onion head like roth who has driven his career at warp spped into the side of a mountain. who the fuck is running his carrer, anyway???... Rainman??? "I'm an excellent driver"

i don't get sammy at all. he's got a good shot at reigniting his flame with new music from Planet Us. he's writing excellent new music like Ten 13. he's got the tequila & beer biz. t-shirts and pooka shells. homes in hawaii, cabo and california. more tacos than he can eat. and a nice piece of ass waitng to polish his knob nightly.

fuck, does he really need the white haired gigolo in welding googles to make his life complete?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe he just feels sorry for him.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.01.15 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Serious,
    Let us for the sake of argument say you are dead on right with your post. If that is the case why wouldn't Sammy want to tour with Roth. Dave at one time was one of if not the top showman in music. Again, I am not saying he was the best musician, but it is hard to argue what he brought to the table as far as an entertainer goes.
    On the flip side Sammy before he joined VH would go out with his band and blow the doors off of groups he was opening up for. He were high energy and tight on stage. Hell, groups hated playing after Hagar because they could not match his engergy. I think it was Tommy Shaw (I know Styx sucks.) who quit Styx because he was tired of not being able to perform like SH. Other bands in the late and early 80's were making the same statements. If Sammy wants to make this a competition as stated during the press conference this is the perfect stage. As good as VH was during the Sammy years you know he hated the comparisons and any normal person would resent what happened in 1996. The presure will be on Roth to prove he can cut it night after night with the same level of energy. Something he hasn't had to do for about 10 years while Sammy was touring and playing multiple shows per week just last year. Another note is that Sammy has dropped about 20 pounds over the past two months so you know he is working out and getting ready for the road.
    If it will rock we will roll.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

little guitars i \'spose
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I for one think Dave will more than keep u w/Sammy. In fact, Sam will most likely get a pretty good lesson from Dave. We'll see.
    Houses in Cal., Cabo, and Hawaii? I think he needs the $$ as well as Dave. He lives one hell of an expensive lifestyle, and shirts and Tequila won't pay all the bills.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Serious, stop your current anti-Sammy rant for half a second and use your mind. Sammy's a businessman. There's no way this could hurt him short of Dave blowing him out of the building every night, and by your opinion of Roth, that isn't about to happen.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Pity people cant see it for an opportunity to catch VH's 2 best frontmen performing on the same night instead of making it a chance for some oneupmanship and a pissing match.

Fuck, I'd love to sit back and watch this show and I'm not gonna get the chance. Seems to me Van Halen these days is more about annoying everyone that doesnt agree with your own preferences and less about 20 odd years of fantastic music.

Go out, buy yer tickets and stop yer whining
    I bet you'll have a blast. That's what it's all ment to be about in the end...

[ April 19, 2002 at 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Goo ]

A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Killroywashere:
    Serious,
    Let us for the sake of argument say you are dead on right with your post. If that is the case why wouldn't Sammy want to tour with Roth. Dave at one time was one of if not the top showman in music. Again, I am not saying he was the best musician, but it is hard to argue what he brought to the table as far as an entertainer goes.
    On the flip side Sammy before he joined VH would go out with his band and blow the doors off of groups he was opening up for. He were high energy and tight on stage. Hell, groups hated playing after Hagar because they could not match his engergy. I think it was Tommy Shaw (I know Styx sucks.) who quit Styx because he was tired of not being able to perform like SH. Other bands in the late and early 80's were making the same statements. If Sammy wants to make this a competition as stated during the press conference this is the perfect stage. As good as VH was during the Sammy years you know he hated the comparisons and any normal person would resent what happened in 1996. The presure will be on Roth to prove he can cut it night after night with the same level of energy. Something he hasn't had to do for about 10 years while Sammy was touring and playing multiple shows per week just last year. Another note is that Sammy has dropped about 20 pounds over the past two months so you know he is working out and getting ready for the road.
    killjoy,

you're missing the point of my post:

sambo should leave well enough alone. as a solo act, roth is a wash out, so this whole competition thing is just bullshit. what does sambo have to prove to anyone--especially roth??

yeah, at one time roth was untouchable and i'll give the man his due in spades. hands down, at the height of his career, he was the greatest showman on the heavy rock scene. but that was like a MILLION years ago!! look at his pictures from the press conference!! shit, i laughed out loud when i saw him. i can't believe he would even go out in public looking like that!!!

this thing will generate a lot of early PR, no doubt. but in the end, it's just a novelty, some kinda weird freak show nostalgia act.

personally, i have little interest in going to see roth play nearly a complete early VH set with a "sound a like" VH band. fuck, is he so embarassed by his solo music that he won't even play it against sam??? i'd rather see roth get back together with VH (as we all would) and do some new music, or he should just go away.

in my view, sambo should have connected up with some of the other CURRENT metal bands--or at least hook up with a band that is currently successful. it would have brought him in contact with a new potential fan base and given him plenty of opportunity to knock the socks off of them and turn them on to his style of rock. to me, this would make sammy far more relevant to today's music scene--and less of a nostalgia act.

and what really pisses me off is that sammy is NOT a nostalgia act. his new music KICKS ASS, and even in his mid 50s that little bastard can cut crystal with his pipes. and as far as putting on a show, sammy does it as well as or better than ANYONE in rock today.

so i just don't like it. i think it's a mistake.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Goo:
    Pity people cant see it for an opportunity to catch VH's 2 best frontmen performing on the same night instead of making it a chance for some oneupmanship and a pissing match.

Fuck, I'd love to sit back and watch this show and I'm not gonna get the chance. Seems to me Van Halen these days is more about annoying everyone that doesnt agree with your own preferences and less about 20 odd years of fantastic music.

Go out, buy yer tickets and stop yer whining
    I bet you'll have a blast. That's what it's all ment to be about in the end...
    gooey,

i'm not the one making it a competition, it's being officially PROMOTED that way. and i think it is stupid as i explained in an earlier reply.

fuck, i'm definitely going to the show. i never miss sambo, summer aint summer without him. (by the way, why won't you have a chance to watch the show?)

and talk about annoying?? listen or read the press comments from dave. after hearing him talk, a person might be led to think dave actually has something to brag about. earth to dave: you suck, you're a dirty old man, and the only reason people will come to see you is because you're the closest thing to an early VH reunion going.

and you can bet i'll have a good time!! in the end, this is all just bullshit anyway. i'll GLADLY spend my money to see the show. what the fuck else is there to do???