Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll bet they are more amicable than the rumor-mongers want us to believe. Dave referred Eddie to his uncle, Jack Roth, a cancer surgeon in Houston. Dave and Eddie have a long history together. While they do not agree on everything and have very different personalities, I would guess that rumors alleging they cannot be in the studio at the same time are a crock. Even Valerie Bertinelli has said that Ed is a lot more forgiving than she -- and it's clear she does (did?) not get along with Dave. What do you think?

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd be willing to bet that they don't like each other and most of the rumors are true. Most families in America are comprised of a bunch of people who can't stand each other and they're related by blood. When it comes to dealing with other people, comprising, egos etc. history and past means nothing. I've written off people that I knew for 15 years because they pissed me off so I wouldn't doubt these guys doing the same.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oil & water comes to mind for some reason. :\
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    I've written off people that I knew for 15 years because they pissed me off so I wouldn't doubt these guys doing the same.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Me, too, but I also didn't become rich or a household name because of the people with whom I've severed ties. When I say Dave and Ed have history, I mean more than just knowing each other since high school. There's something about having a perfect professional connection or great professional success together that can make people more tolerant of each other. (Heck, what do I know? I'm just an optimist . . . )

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawchick:
    I'm just an optimist <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, we've noticed. Please refrain from that in future! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I don't think they hate each other, I think it's even worse than that; they don't trust each other. Eddie believes that Dave broke a bond by leaving in 1985 and Dave believes he was flat out lied to and deceived in 1996.

If you don't trust someone, you can't deal with them on a day to day basis without there being problems. And these aren't the kind of problems and insecurities that can be overcome as if they were 26 year old rock stars. There's FAR too much water under the bridge to just shrug it off and ignore it for the sake of the band.

In 1981 they all NEEDED the band to stay together. Now, they really don't need it anymore, so it makes it harder to step back to a place where you're dealing with people you really don't trust.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by lawchick:
    and it's clear she does (did?) not get along with Dave. What do you think?

I think she went to that first show many moons ago to see DLR, not ed [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] lol. That is just what DLR seemed to indicate in his book anyways. Maybe she was just mad that he wasnt interested in her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Funny, but as I read this topic, I hear my daughter's video playing downstairs on the TV. It's "Fox & The Hound". Anyone remember this? Well, it just hit me the similarities between Tod & Copper and Ed & Dave...

-both grew up together and pledged to be friends forever (I'm sure Dave and Ed early on thought this might be the case)...
    -both parties split up and each side grew and matured into what nature intended...
    -both parties came face to face with their childhood chums and it was obviously different...
    -both fought with the other one visciously, even drawing blood (figuratively in VH's part)
    -both came together and reunited when the chips were down, albeit for a brief time...

Am I reaching here? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Could be...I need to go turn that silly movie off.

(hearing the old owl woman sing...)
    "When you're the best of friends..."
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    I think she went to that first show many moons ago to see DLR, not ed [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] lol. That is just what DLR seemed to indicate in his book anyways. Maybe she was just mad that he wasnt interested in her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Another of Dave's fictions I'd say. Dave thinks every woman wants him, and in this case it conveniently allowed him to take a swipe at Ed and Val. I'd say Dave is full of it on this one.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    Well, it just hit me the similarities between Tod & Copper and Ed & Dave...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> LOL! I want a ten-page essay exploring this further by morning. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Oh no!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] That means I have to go back down and watch it again (for the 25th time)!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

hahahaha! Just the ramblings of a very observant daddy and VH fan! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll try to get started, Ms. Lawchick. If I don't get it done, do I have to stand in the corner again?? Just as long as I don't have to wear a dunce cap that says "I love Axl" on it, I'll be cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If I don't get it done, do I have to stand in the corner again?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Of course not. Just no dessert or recess or Van Halen for a month. And an "F" in citizenship. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Here is a subject that has really been done to death but I'll comment on it anyway. Nobody knows what the feelings are between Ed and Dave except those really close to the two. We can speculate and theorize but when it comes down to it, it's just a guess. I've been pissed at people before only to get along with them really well. Some people I can't stand and nothing will change that. If the two of them have problems, I'm sure they will deal with it the way they want to. I hope that they are on good enough terms where it will mean a reunited VH will come forth in the future.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:

I think she went to that first show many moons ago to see DLR, not ed [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] lol. That is just what DLR seemed to indicate in his book anyways. Maybe she was just mad that he wasnt interested in her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, I haven't gotten to that part yet, sounds like Dave is full of it on this one though.
    I am awesome

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I don't think they know if they get along or not.

They've got a working relationship, or did anyway. By all accounts they were never friends, although they enjoyed each other's company in '96 prior to events overshadowing everything.

Go along to get along comes to mind here.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Fox & The Hound". Anyone remember this? (hearing the old owl woman sing...)
    "When you're the best of friends..."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I remember this movie all too well.....except it was only a two hour movie....this drama is lasting years [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~